HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 6:34 am

Zone of the Enders 3 - The Prelude 
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Zone of the Enders 3 - The Prelude
This is a 4-page story I wrote for my Creative Writing English class. :)

Code:
   Metatron was discovered only a few decades ago, and since then only private enterprises have had access to such ore. The ore can be found deep beneath the surface of the ice of Callisto, a satellite moon of Mars.
   The giant frame hung in its docking station. The dark and cold endless void seemed to make time go eternal.
   Since the dawn of time, civilizations have discovered and used various forms of energy to progress. But where could the energy from metatron lead our civilization to? It is believed that we have only seen a fraction of what metatron is capable of within the last two decades: first the incident in 2167 with project Idolo, Jehuty and her sister Anubis in 2172, and Isis from the remains of Idolo also in 2172. Many other orbital frames have been built, but these are the super powers of our time.
   My time has come.
   Today we will begin testing a new orbital frame, X47. The specialty of this frame is its ability to lay vector portals. Vector portals, much like the way vector traps work, allows the AI of an orbital frame to intelligently warp the frame back to the location of the portal. This function can be used in close combat to thrust objects from behind enemies to get a full three-hundred and sixty angle of attack. In fact, vector portals can be attached to your opponents, which can then be used to force them toward yourself in attempt to finish them off with your frame’s blade.
   Levan Cresthill had been ordered to a special assignment only a few weeks ago, which was to be kept strictly secret and confidential. This was his first time to pilot an orbital frame and had already studied some books about operating the frame. As he approached the cockpit of the machine he was given his helmet by one of the assistants. The suit he wore had built-in sensors to track stress levels and the health of his body, but makes him feel as if he were standing naked amongst the technicians and assistants preparing the orbital frame for a test run.
   The cockpit extended from the pelvis of the frame, with a solid orange windshield having a white matte glare from the facilities lighting. According to what he read, the most fascinating thing about the windshield is that it cannot be broken very easily for the kind of forces and combat an orbital frame might encounter in attack. By simply placing either palm onto the windshield and subconsciously inquiring the windshield to let oneself in is what it takes to open it.
   Levan placed one of his palms onto the windshield, which felt cold and almost frictionless. For a moment Levan was somewhat puzzled about opening up the windshield, which should depixelate starting from his palm if triggered correctly. He remember that an easy way to open the cockpit was by not thinking trying to open the cockpit, but to think of it as a way of doing something on a daily basis without paying very much attention to what is being done. All of a sudden the orange windshield quickly depixelated into nothingness from his palm.
   “Hah, there ya’ go! Good luck out there,” commented a technician from behind, who was watching in curiousity.
   The cockpit was a large, dark, cushioned seat for a single person, although it could handle two people if they were tolerant for tight space. Levan climbed into the cockpit and sat down, in which the cockpit quickly pixelated back. Two green balls of arms reach on both sides of Levan were glowing green and the cockpit began to light up, with the control panel flickering up and the outside environment being rendered on the windshield. Suddenly a voice began to speak.
   “Hello Levan, this is backup battle unit X47. Your vitals are reporting that you are a little overwhelmed.”
   Levan, taken by surprise, “Who and what are you?!”
   “I am the AI to this orbital frame; this is my body, and you are the scheduled pilot authorized to maneuver me.”
   “Levan, we’re unlocking the orbital frame from the docking station in thirty seconds,” announced a supervising technician through the communication system. Levan placed his palms onto the green glowing balls, and then all of a sudden it felt as if a wave of excitement traveled through his nerves. This is the moment – just have to maneuver this frame outside…
   “I will help you to maneuver me. After all, that is one of the functions I serve! Would you like me to take you outside first though?” asked the AI.
   “Yes, please do, uh, X47,” replied Levan suspiciously.
   “I am not capable of reading your thoughts, if you are wondering, but I can am able to use the data from your vitals to accurately identify what you may be thinking. Also, would you like to call me by a different name?”
   By this time the latches have been unlocked, and all that was holding up Sierra, so the name he decided to call X47, was a platform beneath the backside wings.
   “Okay, here we go Levan!” Sierra was seemingly anxious and enthusiastic.
   Levan lurched back into his seat as he felt a gravitational pull as the orbital frame sank forward and down into the monstrously large, open space of the docking room, and then around into the tunnel. As the orbital frame was gaining speed, Levan rested his head and eyes in attempt to relax, as he did feel physically and mentally overwhelmed. The exit of the tunnel was in sight now, with the clear sky-blue sky in sight. After Levan came back to consciousness, he found himself overlooking a hillside lake encircled by a forest of douglas-firs.
   “Hey, Levan, you there? Your vitals show that you had just passed out. Would you like to continue the test?” radioed the project supervisor.
   “Hold on, one second… Okay, uh, let me continue, please,” Levan replied with some slight hesitation.
   “Affirmative.”
   “Sorry about that Levan, perhaps I will be a little gentler next time,” apologized Sierra.
After a couple hours of getting the hold of subconsciously commanding the movement of the frame, a group of unmanned orbital frames had been sent out from the facility to test the vector portal on. By Levan’s subconscious control, Sierra momentarily displaced itself into the voice of space with a rippling wave of air that glowed around the frame for some time. One of the unmanned orbital frames had suddenly jerked at its lumbar vertebrate, and in a quick jolt the machine was ripped into half by the immense force.
   Levan repeated his try on the vector portal until he could attach a vector portal to one of the unmanned orbital frames without preemptively jerking them before forcing them to their lifeless death. Suddenly a voice cracked through the communication system:
   “Report back to the hangar with X47 immediately, Levan! The experiment is being aborted – we have detected an interference of unidentified metatron radiation coming your way!”
   “What?! I thought this location was secure?”
   “Levan, I have been ordered back to the hangar and must do so for your own safety!” quickly announced Sierra.
   Without any hesitation Sierra quickly thrust herself in a corkscrew, bursting at an incredible velocity back in direction of the tunnel from which they had came out of in the mountainous range. A few moments later Sierra began to slow down.
   “Something is preventing me from moving!” exclaimed Sierra.
   “We’re sending reinforcements your way, Levan!”
   “I can’t do—can’t…can’t..” struggled Sierra, as her system gradually slowed.
   “Sierra!”
   Sierra’s voice had faded out into complete silence and the control panel had began to flicker and fill with a static. An unknown, dark and bold voice began to speak.

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:32 am
Scanner

Scanner

Post Re: Zone of the Enders 3 - The Prelude
wow that is quite amazing

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:00 pm
Battery

Battery

Nice intro but is that it? No continuation?

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:39 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

It's only a prelude, and I was only allowed to do 4 pages maximum. :\

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:23 am
Battery

Battery

Gah!

I say...we need MOAR!

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:14 am
Scanner

Scanner

if thats one page where are the other three?

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:49 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

mizuchi wrote:
if thats one page where are the other three?

That is four pages.

School standard for essays and papers is Times New Roman at 12pt size, double spaced, 1" margins. If it weren't double spaced, then it'd really be like 2 pages.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:10 pm
Scanner

Scanner

why dont you just continue with the story in your spare time?

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:46 am
Battery

Battery

Thats very good for a schoolboy lol, although i'll point out that Callisto is a moon of Jupiter, not Mars. Its still really good though keep it up. We've seen games, anime, and movies in the ZOE series but no novel yet, woould be an interesting idea

Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:11 am
Mosquito

Mosquito

Im not sure whats going on atm but ZOE3 is the only reason I bought my ps3.... :D

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:09 pm