HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 ZoE 3? ZoE 3. 
Inhert

Inhert

Post Re: ZoE 3? ZoE 3.
What if Hideo Kojima was hinting that this was a biomecha/cyberbiomecha(Evangelion-like) series all along?

Think about it:
Why did blood come out when Idolo's wings were shot off in the ZOE:Idolo OVA?

Why did Idolo and Dolores need muscular structures for movement when electric motors and hydraulic systems have been readily available for years?

Why do orbital frames need ELASTIC(stretchy) armor in order to move when a simple segmentation of the joints was readily possible with LEV's?

I think that we're missing out on some details...

Sun May 27, 2012 9:32 am
Zakat

Zakat

helldiver450 wrote:
Why did Idolo and Dolores need muscular structures for movement when electric motors and hydraulic systems have been readily available for years?

Why do orbital frames need ELASTIC(stretchy) armor in order to move when a simple segmentation of the joints was readily possible with LEV's?

The muscle deal might just be the type of alloy made from Metatron ore. Much like Metal Gear RAY, they might have created a muscle-like structure for better articulation. The stretchy armour may have to be stretchy to properly accommodate the structure of the Frame.

Although, I don't really remember there being stretchy armour. All the stretching I can remember was Jehuty's elbows, which are unarmoured.

On Idolo's wings... dude. That wasn't blood. That was just an effect like molten steel or something.

Sun May 27, 2012 9:52 am
Scanner

Scanner

Some new info from Kojima's twitter messages:

Friday's announcement of Enders Project, the sequel to Z.O.E and Anubis, was made by Hideo Kojima, but Kojima's role on the game appears to be limited. Writing via Twitter over the weekend, Kojima said that because he's busy on his "Ogre Project," he'll be a producer on Enders Project. He's serving only a support role, dealing with such areas as the game's direction and beginning planning. The actual game design, script, event direction, level design and direction are being handled by his staff.

While Kojima said that he's producer, Ryosuke Toriyama was also introduced as a producer during Friday's announcement stage event.

Kojima also attempted to explain what some have observed as possible changes from past Z.O.E series games. With Enders Project, they don't plan on changing the feel of the game, explained Kojima. Regarding world view and expression, however, there are two directions. One is the direction of the previous Z.O.E. games, "Japanimation SF Robot" style. The other direction is real world live action like in X-Men, Batman and Spiderman.

While they're not necessarily aiming for photo realism, this is what is optimal for the internally-developed Fox Engine, and the times require a "global, high-end Z.O.E. style." If they were to make a Japanimation-style sequel, the sense, content, game feel and budget would end up being domestic-oriented.

Z.O.E. purists may not need to worry about too drastic a change, though. Kojima added that few members of his staff have that "SF spirit," so whatever they make will probably pull from robot anime.

Source: http://andriasang.com/con16c/kojima_enders_project/

Also two images of the Jehuty(?) model on that page.

Not sure if I like all this talk about the big change in the direction. And then a second later they're talking about staying true to the games.
But that model is such a departure from previous OF's...
It has ribs, horns... and even a skull on his chest :|

Mon May 28, 2012 5:33 am
Manta

Manta

I enjoy carefully this staff, just hope they will follow the good job made by the Hideo team .

I wonder the futur "runner" of jehuty will be a female character ...
And yes, it maybe a prequel much as a sequel : we'll know about metatron origins, and this is a way to end the series with introduce the final beginning.

Mon May 28, 2012 6:12 am
Zakat

Zakat

In a way, I really like that (I suppose that's what it is) Jehuty. In another way, I feel irked by it. Kojima says they'll remain true to the style of ZoE, but this difference is too huge. I've waited years for a sequel, I've really been hoping for one, but the hype of the first two days after reading this confirmation are now turning to fear.

I mean, ZoE has always been hi-tech sci-fi in style. What is going to happen if they depart from it? I am not afraid over whether the game is good or bad. I'm afraid of the changes they'll make to the ZoE universe.

I'm still hoping for either a prequel or something heavily related to the mysticism behind Metatron, maybe with OFs creating a conscience, much like it happened in Idolo/Dolores, i.

Mon May 28, 2012 6:15 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
CaveShinobi wrote:
With this new image, I get the feeling it might really be a prequel and that it might cover the origins of Metatron.

Funny detail: MGS3 was a prequel. If this hunch is correct, ZoE3 will be a prequel. Guys, pattern here!

There are a lot of 3's in video games which are prequels or have prequel elements. The list:

MGS3 - prequel to entire series
RE3 - half the game is a prequel to RE2
Syphon Filter 3 - half the game is flashbacks
Uncharted 3 - there are a few prequel levels
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - prequel to the series
Resistance: Retribution - at least a prequel to Resistance 2
GTA San Andreas (3rd in the GTA3 series) - prequel to GTA3
GTA3 - if you wanna say it, since GTA2 supposedly takes place in the future
Bioshock: Infinite - prequel to the series
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (3rd in the Ezio series) - has prequel levels

I'm certain there are even more. This is just off the top of my head.

Mon May 28, 2012 6:34 am
Inhert

Inhert

ZOE 3 will definitely explain how Leo got the Vic Viper, and JUST LIKE MANY PREQUELS(including in starwars),
Leo is going to be such a badass killer in the "past" that it will make him look like a self-restrained pussy in ZOE 2.

Fuck logic!

Mon May 28, 2012 8:53 am
Manta

Manta

Jej,this news made my day.

also, I read at some websites that ZOE3 will be placed in distant past so thats why theres no mechanical parts at OFs etc.

Mon May 28, 2012 5:48 pm
Seeker

Seeker

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=67493

brb, imma check the ionosphere...

Zone of the Enders X Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.

Mon May 28, 2012 8:28 pm
Scanner

Scanner

I don't know if I want to believe it to be a prequel. Maybe prequal events, but not a TRUE prequal. For that to happen, things involving Metatron would have to take place LONG before humans had to develop space flight capabilities.

I see this as more of an advancement or reenactment in a past history event. Something happens. Something triggers Metatron to take on a new/final form, which causes Frames to mutate somehow into those images that we see. Metatron was always said to have a will of its own. Maybe in this new game, it'll come to be. But with the influence of ADA and perhaps whoever is piloting (Leo or Dingo) Jehuty manages to stay on a path aside from what 'Metatron' wants to persue.

Also, the images make me think of terms of Evangelion. Eva Units are like Shadows of Adam and Lilith. What if the Frames are shadows of something else? Something that was around before humanity could write or speak? But of course was somehow wiped out and made into Metatron?

Another is the image displayed here in this forum looks close to that of Anubis from previous ZOE incarnations, spear as well. Only difference is this one is wearing a cape, but the vector trap it carried could be a modern replacement I guess. But on IGN, the Anubis image displayed has curves in the chest that resemble, (and it was just a guess) like breasts. And around the head looks like long hair. Not to mention what looks like wings and carries a sword. Isis comes to mind when I look at that one.

Makes me wonder if the designs of the frames themselves weren't just something they made for cosmetic looks. Maybe there was something that was FOUND that gave them the looks they bare. Much like the LFOs from Eureka 7 were all based off the Nervash.

But that's just me. Your thoughts?

Edit: Also, looking at the woman in the image to the right, her hair style makes me think of Ardjet. And upon closer inspection of the one I see as 'Isis' I see what looks like a navel in the stomach. Not trying to seem perverted but that's what comes to mind when I see that image. Could just be the art style and it looks like it.

Again, your thoughts?

Mon May 28, 2012 10:11 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next