HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 am

Melee Weapons other then Sword... 
Scanner

Scanner

Post Melee Weapons other then Sword...
I was just thinking How it would be kinda sweet if I could use a hammer instead of a sword...

THat way... Every strike would just knock enemy back
-But I would need to hit it at the perfect range... and do some expert timing..

Either way...
It would have to be longer then the sword...
-Slow...
-And if you didn't hit your enemy at the end... you got screwed

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:11 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

Post Re: Melee Weapons other then Sword...
I'd like to see something like a double spiked ball flail type weapon! Bit of a mouthful to both say & recieve in the face after being swung by Jehuty :twisted:
It could be activated by holding down the melee button and the attack unleashed when you relase the button! Partner this with cool ''winding up'' & ''strike'' animations & you've got a winner 8-)

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:57 am
Scanner

Scanner

That sounds kinda interesting
Doesn't seem too different from the sword though

Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:03 am

Hi fellow ZOE fans, noob here, glad I found this place.

Anyway a different melee weapon other than Jehuty's sword eh....Well, I'd like to see something like a staff, kinda like Anubis, or perhaps a whip like weapon.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:01 pm
Scanner

Scanner

GkillerOrbitalframe wrote:

Anyway a different melee weapon other than Jehuty's sword eh....Well, I'd like to see something like a staff, kinda like Anubis, or perhaps a whip like weapon.

What would make the staff and whip special?

Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:55 pm
Banned

Banned

formula1 wrote:
GkillerOrbitalframe wrote:

What would make the staff and whip special?

Nothing but it would be a nice touch. But Besides that a sword is best. I mean really a flail. I dont mean to flame anybody I understand that people have a right to tell there opinions but I really have to disagree with that.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:24 am
Clod

Clod

In the end I would say the Blades are still the best thing to go with, the way they're kept along the arms length when not in use makes sense.

In the event of a new Orbital Frame taking the lead role, I would maybe say something like having a blade on each arm, resulting in a dual blade approach to combat would be quite nice.
In order for something different, perhaps some kind of energy based weapon, perhaps you could have something like an energy whip to be used in conjunction with a blade, allow you to catch enemies with the whip, but then that all comes a bit close to what you could essentially do using the Wisp sub-weapon in The Second Runner.

I think the most important aspect to consider would be the fact that it needs to be a weapon that can be used repeatedly in quick succession, given the pace of the combat in ZOE games. Don't want to slow it up, with bulky slow melee weapons. ZOE was always about offering the high paced action reminiscent of mecha anime, over the laborious, bulky machines offered in existing mech games such as the Metal Core series.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:13 pm
Banned

Banned

Agreed. I have been thinking about the duel blade aproach as well but where would the sheild go. I dont think kojima would go for the palm shield.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:31 am
Clod

Clod

Good point, I hadn't thought about that plate Jehuty generates the shield with. I guess you could mount it somewhere else... like on its forehead. Then it can go around head butting peoples attacks to block them...

...yeah okay, maybe not. :|

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:52 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Dual blade and flexibility to have different kinds would be nice; however, as far as flexibility goes -- I don't think it should interfere with the storyline (the other parts of the game it should be flexible/customizable).

Lasers (like the robotic/cheap Orbital Frames have) might be interesting too.

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:37 pm