HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 irrZOE fan game 
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Re: irrZOE fan game
CaveShinobi wrote:
...Good point. Completely forgot about that. Isn't there any AoE weapon in ZoE? Floating Mine? That one wasn't all that iconic, though.

This thread reminds me, I really should see if I can get into 3D modelling.

You mean like a nuke? We can make a new one!

If you want to test 3D modelling try Blender (free), DeleD CE (free), MilkShape 3D(sheep), Cinema 4D prime (~$500) or Maya(expensive)

I use Cinema 4D Prime, and It works.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 pm
Inhert

Inhert

I can't keyframe 3D well at all. However, i can storyboard it/plan it if possible.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

helldiver450 wrote:
I can't keyframe 3D well at all. However, i can storyboard it/plan it if possible.

That was what i was expecting, you draw storyboards, design, and make 3D models. I rig and animate them & write the code.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

@ CaveShinobi, I'm thinking about changing how subweapons work; I think that there won't be any selected weapon, but:
* A = Halberd
* S = Phalanx
* D = Nuke/Shockwave
* F = Mummy
So the HUD will say what subweapons that are available and what button to press. Is that OK?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:13 am
Zakat

Zakat

michael_3dx wrote:
@ CaveShinobi, I'm thinking about changing how subweapons work; I think that there won't be any selected weapon, but:
* A = Halberd
* S = Phalanx
* D = Nuke/Shockwave
* F = Mummy
So the HUD will say what subweapons that are available and what button to press. Is that OK?

Showing which button to press? It'd get a bit too cluttered. In fact, I'm afraid it would look too cluttered by just showing the four objects (by objects I mean the blue rectangles with icon and text in them) on screen at the same time. I'll see what I can do, though.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:24 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

CaveShinobi wrote:
michael_3dx wrote:
* A = Halberd
* S = Phalanx
* D = Nuke/Shockwave
* F = Mummy

Showing which button to press? It'd get a bit too cluttered. In fact, I'm afraid it would look too cluttered by just showing the four objects (by objects I mean the blue rectangles with icon and text in them) on screen at the same time. I'll see what I can do, though.

Thanks!

Are you working on the title/credits screen yet? (The one I did looks so lame)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:31 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Like I said, I finally got around to get Deus Ex installed, so it could take a while... Fortunately, I finally got to the last area and watched one of the three endings. Quite underwhelming, if I may say. I was expecting more.

Do not worry, though. I'll get working on it either later tonight or tomorrow. Same with the HUD.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:46 pm
Zakat

Zakat

DOUBLE POST!!!

Here's what I've done so far. Started about an hour ago and had a couple of issues in getting the gradient just right. Also had to trace over the logo to get a nice, clean version of it and add the IRR.

I think I'll add the rest of the credits only after most of the game is done, though. I mean, what if someone else joins in? More editing. I'd rather insert the names only when I'm sure more editing won't be needed. Just so I can size everything correctly. I'm a bit of a maniac with this stuff. Everything must be perfectly organized.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... this background could be used for the main menu as well. Or do you have other plans for that one?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:37 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

Thanks!

It looks very nice.

I'll use it as a generic background.

Now, lets see when helldiver450 makes the spfx-texture and design some bosses.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:59 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

I was playing Ninja Gaiden 3 today and met a cool boss:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1CvacG0HJw @ ~9:00

Helldiver450, do you think we should have a flying dragon-like boss, or is it to hard to do?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:18 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next