HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 ZOE fan series planning, crew needed! 

Post Re: ZOE fan series planning, crew needed!
Definately interested in male voice acting, if a spot is still availible.

My microphone isn't what you'd call studio quality, but my other audio hardware is definately up to the task.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:00 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Do you still need more Orbital Frames?

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:05 pm
Manta

Manta

Hmm...character animator? I'm a bit interested :geek:
But since I'm also occupied with :
1. Character design contest for a local video card supplier (the prize is what I'm looking for... US$ 2k for the 1st place is a rare sight in my country lol )
Deadline: October 16th, after that I'm quite free (I'd hope so, my college assignments are quite annoying T_T)

2. 2D sprite remake of Jehuty and several enemy orbital frames for my group's student project (yes, a ZOE 2nd runner short 2d remake, if my plans could be materialized in just 3.5 months).
I'm acting as the project's visual animator and designer (with just less than 2 months of crash course in drawing manga styled art) and game programmer too, and the prequisites of using java as the programming language didn't help me either (I'm totally blind about java T_T)

3. Ripping ZOE the 2nd runner movie and sound files.
This is rather hard. I can't find a good and easy to use ps2 movie/sound ripper software that can rip zoe2's dat file. I can bear it with the movies, since an emulator can playback the movie's quite nicely (with video capture software working on the background :twisted:), but the in-game sound files are definitely a pain in the ass to acquire. =_=

Maybe I'll join the group once my work as a visual animator is done, I can help a bit with your project (don't count too much on me though, I really suck at drawing backgrounds and complicated clothes+movement)

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:40 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

ivan5815 wrote:
1. Character design contest for a local video card supplier (the prize is what I'm looking for... US$ 2k for the 1st place is a rare sight in my country lol )
Deadline: October 16th, after that I'm quite free (I'd hope so, my college assignments are quite annoying T_T)

2. 2D sprite remake of Jehuty and several enemy orbital frames for my group's student project (yes, a ZOE 2nd runner short 2d remake, if my plans could be materialized in just 3.5 months).
I'm acting as the project's visual animator and designer (with just less than 2 months of crash course in drawing manga styled art) and game programmer too, and the prequisites of using java as the programming language didn't help me either (I'm totally blind about java T_T)

This is rather hard. I can't find a good and easy to use ps2 movie/sound ripper software that can rip zoe2's dat file. I can bear it with the movies, since an emulator can playback the movie's quite nicely (with video capture software working on the background :twisted:), but the in-game sound files are definitely a pain in the ass to acquire. =_=

Maybe I'll join the group once my work as a visual animator is done, I can help a bit with your project (don't count too much on me though, I really suck at drawing backgrounds and complicated clothes+movement)

#3 if your looking for cutscenes you can download them from bluelagoona, thats what i did and there in nice quality.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:20 pm
Inhert

Inhert

RikoaMarinaris wrote:
ivan5815 wrote:

#3 if your looking for cutscenes you can download them from bluelagoona, thats what i did and there in nice quality.

If you want ripped Jehuty's slashing sounds, they are in the Zone Of The Gundams game. just check the sound files there, I worked hard to extract those sounds from the gameplay.

Ask me to rip any sound, and I WILL GET IT.

trust me, I am known for making miracles happen...

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:51 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

helldiver450 wrote:
RikoaMarinaris wrote:
ivan5815 wrote:

If you want ripped Jehuty's slashing sounds, they are in the Zone Of The Gundams game. just check the sound files there, I worked hard to extract those sounds from the gameplay.

Ask me to rip any sound, and I WILL GET IT.

trust me, I am known for making miracles happen...

then can you rip and rig the exact models from zoe 2 to gmod?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 pm
Manta

Manta

Thx! I'll be checking it on right away. You guys are really a lifesaver !

I hope you can find a dedicated animator, I'll be sure to help you as much as I can when I have the time.

Btw, what kind of animation techniques do you plan to use? I'm currently drawing frame by frame by hand (with photoshop and a wacom tablet).

I've never done an animation before, but if it's no more than raising eyebrows, moving lips, closing eyes on the face and much more simple gestures maybe I can do it in layers with several alterations, and save it into several image files before packing it up into a movie file.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:23 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

ivan5815 wrote:
Thx! I'll be checking it on right away. You guys are really a lifesaver !

I hope you can find a dedicated animator, I'll be sure to help you as much as I can when I have the time.

Btw, what kind of animation techniques do you plan to use? I'm currently drawing frame by frame by hand (with photoshop and a wacom tablet).

I've never done an animation before, but if it's no more than raising eyebrows, moving lips, closing eyes on the face and much more simple gestures maybe I can do it in layers with several alterations, and save it into several image files before packing it up into a movie file.

I was hoping either Sonic and the Black Knight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6A_YXiPos
or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXL6H2hbQg

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:26 am

helldiver450 wrote:
Well this series will revolve ALOT around LEV combat most of the time. Getting more in depth on how different strategies are used and how they resemble the current warfare today. The orbital frame fights are most likely the icing on the cake. They are very simplistic, and over half the time will resemble Gundam 00...if you haven't seen it. Then shame on you.
Another thing to point out is that the frame runner is pretty much in the same situation as Radium was in his final scene. Simply speaking, this series has been inspired by ZOE idolo and continues as if it were an alternate ending. Anyone recall Idolo's final scene? Where the wings are shot off and he tries to use a burst attack but thwarted in the process? Well this pilot is pretty much an alternate descision from that. But the main goal here is to create a stronger feeling of ferocious combat through this. I felt that the final Idolo fight felt too casual and that the pilot would "die" was rather predictable. Also, to get some love from Evangelion fans, it wouldn't hurt to make the orbital frames biomecha as well. Sure they won't use actual organic blood like the evangelions do, but will use mercury pistons for muscles instead of muscles.This is a rather unique feature in the giant robot genre don't you think?

IF you have any more questions feel more than happy to PM me. I have all the time in the world at this moment.

Thanks you for the post.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:21 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

teresap989 wrote:
helldiver450 wrote:
Well this series will revolve ALOT around LEV combat most of the time. Getting more in depth on how different strategies are used and how they resemble the current warfare today. The orbital frame fights are most likely the icing on the cake. They are very simplistic, and over half the time will resemble Gundam 00...if you haven't seen it. Then shame on you.
Another thing to point out is that the frame runner is pretty much in the same situation as Radium was in his final scene. Simply speaking, this series has been inspired by ZOE idolo and continues as if it were an alternate ending. Anyone recall Idolo's final scene? Where the wings are shot off and he tries to use a burst attack but thwarted in the process? Well this pilot is pretty much an alternate descision from that. But the main goal here is to create a stronger feeling of ferocious combat through this. I felt that the final Idolo fight felt too casual and that the pilot would "die" was rather predictable. Also, to get some love from Evangelion fans, it wouldn't hurt to make the orbital frames biomecha as well. Sure they won't use actual organic blood like the evangelions do, but will use mercury pistons for muscles instead of muscles.This is a rather unique feature in the giant robot genre don't you think?

IF you have any more questions feel more than happy to PM me. I have all the time in the world at this moment.

Thanks you for the post.

Another bot?!

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:20 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next