HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 am

ZOE fan series planning, crew needed! 
Inhert

Inhert

Post ZOE fan series planning, crew needed!
Well, I've been working on some 3D models, if you have noticed my previous posts...
Well, I want to make a fan series. It will be based on a different plot story from the original Zone O the Enders.

Cast needed:
1 character animator needed DESPERATELY
2 female voice actors
4 male voice actors
1 background artist
1 character designer

And someone that is damn good with advertising, we need alot of people to see this if we are planning to get this project popular.

Reason for different story? Simple, to avoid copyright violations.
I have already retrieved an original OP song for the intro of the show, but some battle action music is needed as well.
Sounds are already set up.
But anime, however, cannot happen unless there are anime characters in it!

This show will be based on the Naruto platform, meaning that the series can go as long as the crew stays together.Also meaning that other users in this site can contribute ideas, scripts, and heck, even new mech designs if they are good at designing!

This is a fan project, so unfortunately, none of us, EVEN I, won't make profit from this. It's merely to satisfy ACTION HUNGRY ZOE fans and show off our animation skills as well. There is nothing to lose, but it doesn't mean we have nothing to gain either. By demonstrating our very best performance in our work in this project, a proffessional employer may discover us and may any one of us as well!

How this will be animated?

The mecha will be in 3D cell shaded form. Of course, they will be at a slower frame rate to keep the anime uniqueness(and save time in development xP).
But the characters will be 2D and will most commonly be seen only in talk scenes and walk cycles, rarely any hand-to-hand fights.(But the first episode will be action packed with character action, so character animators, this may be a short toll)
I will be doing the mecha animations, but if anyone wants to make better 3D mech models, feel free to offer some help...

So who wants to be part of this?

If anyone responds to this request and announcement, I will release screenshots of some of the fight scenes plotted.

Again, voice actors needed.
2D character animators needed.
Character designer needed.
And a producer is needed as well.
An assistant writer may also help alot in this if we want a stable plot going on...

Remember, this is not the original ZOE story, just another side story like Dolores I.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:51 pm
Clod

Clod

Post Re: ZOE fan series planning, crew needed!
helldiver450 wrote:
This show will be based on the Naruto platform, meaning that the series can go as long as the crew stays together.

I don't actually have any ability to lend you in this, I just wanted to make this comment.

I really do not think approaching this as a project to run continuously from the start is really the best way to go.

It would surely be better to initially set up a few well planned out episodes with a self-contained plot that leaves openings for continuation.

That way if you get to the end of it, and everybody is comfortable continuing you can do so with a follow up, if not or people underestimated the work involved and feel that cannot commit to continuing, well you've got something complete out of it and so much better than half a plot that will never see conclusion.

Having a clearly defined finishing point will give people something to strive for, more motivation than just a constant slog with no sign of ending. Particularly as you push on people will feel more inclined to actually finish the closer they get.

See how you get on with that and then decide on whether or not to continue. You can also then sort of break it up into little saga's or whatever.

That's just my opinion on that matter though.

Good luck with this. I hope you can find people to help out.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:13 pm
Inhert

Inhert

ALRIGHTY!

The plot is already set.
I'm already done writing the story, I just need a writer incase some in betweens would be nice.
Let me explain, the only story so far is the first five episodes and the movie.

The first episode explains how Ayumu Daichi- our main character who is a Bahram orbital frame runner, notices the horrible damage he is causing the civilians in the process.
The next day, he decided to rebell against Bahram for the horribly cruel acts.
He decided to hi-jack Bahrams secret trump card, Orbital Frame Zetus.
Unlike the others, it is not named after the Egyptian Gods, and its powersource relies on both metatron and spirit energy. As he fights his way out of the Bahram base, he finds himself abandoned by both sides. Seen as an enemy by Earth, and wanted as a criminal in Bahram.

The second episode reveals all of the new characters, enemies, and others.
It turns out that there were other rebels too,and not just from Bahram either. Long ago small secret organization was established inside one of Jupiter's moons.Ayumu was unaware of this until he recieved a mysterious transmission from an unknown frequency channel.
Ayumu, makes 2 friends quickly in the process: Hiroshi Isamu, and Ami Honoka.
Hirushi pilots a customized Lev that he ran away with, and is modified to be convertible and almost as versatile as Leo Stenbuck's Vic Viper.
Ami pilots a modified raptor enhanced with technology similar to the Idolo prototype.

Of course I'm not going to explain the rest of the episodes along the way and spoil the fun....
I have the ending already on REAL paper and will only put it on computer when I have a ready crew. So.... if anyone is interested, please let me know now...

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Spider

Spider

I'd like to sign up for male voice acting , if that's still cool.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:47 am
Seeker

Seeker

Sounds interesting, but I see some problems with this.

- How exactly will "non OF" sequences be animated? A good mech series can't simply be fights, there has to be a decent ammount of character development. If all you want to do is animate a bunch of 3D models beating the crap out of each other then it's not really a series.

-Take out the Spirit Energy thing, this isn't G-Gundam or Gurren-Lagann. Plus you don't want to run into the predictability that is "Oh no, I'm up against impossible odds! But if I get really really determined I can compensate for lack of clever solutions!" It leads to a very predictable plot setup.

-No such thing as a one-man rebellion. If this guy decides to rebel against Bahram, he wouldn't think he could do so single-handedly, and even if he did how dumb would Bahram have to be to leave their most beasty Orbital Frame just "lying around" for anyone to take? And what exactly was his plan? Take the frame and then......what? Fly to earth? Join the Resistance forces on Mars? Just go around blowing up Bahram bases until he was shot down? You need to fill that gap.

Zone of the Enders X Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:19 am
Inhert

Inhert

Tenks wrote:
Sounds interesting, but I see some problems with this.

- How exactly will "non OF" sequences be animated? A good mech series can't simply be fights, there has to be a decent ammount of character development. If all you want to do is animate a bunch of 3D models beating the crap out of each other then it's not really a series.

-Take out the Spirit Energy thing, this isn't G-Gundam or Gurren-Lagann. Plus you don't want to run into the predictability that is "Oh no, I'm up against impossible odds! But if I get really really determined I can compensate for lack of clever solutions!" It leads to a very predictable plot setup.

-No such thing as a one-man rebellion. If this guy decides to rebel against Bahram, he wouldn't think he could do so single-handedly, and even if he did how dumb would Bahram have to be to leave their most beasty Orbital Frame just "lying around" for anyone to take? And what exactly was his plan? Take the frame and then......what? Fly to earth? Join the Resistance forces on Mars? Just go around blowing up Bahram bases until he was shot down? You need to fill that gap.

Heheh, well the story explains that further. But right now, I'm not going to spoil the plot lol. I'll reveal it little by little to keep people on their toes :3
Also, this orbital frame is not exactly as stupid-powerful as Jehuty, and many situations WILL require a clever thought to get by with. Take for example(spoiler alert) obsorbing an entire black hole with a twin vector trap system, and then catapulting the blackhole into space without destroying the frame, which took alot of struggle of course.
Trust me on this. Also, yeah true, only the mech scenes will be 3D, but it also means the mech walking, flying, and doing some other things, not JUST fighting.
Besides the 3D will blend with the standard animation so well that it will be hardly noticable at all. I hope I answered any questions you had, let me know if I missed any points.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:51 am
Inhert

Inhert

[quote="Tenks"] how dumb would Bahram have to be to leave their most beasty Orbital Frame just "lying around" for anyone to take?

Oh and that, again, I DID mention he is a Bahram pilot,but I thought it would be a spoiler for saying that he's the pilot of the frame in the first place. How else could get hold the security card to launch it with?
His escape from Bahram will have several scenes that resemble the final moments of ZOE Idolo. Instead, Ayumu prevails.

Just trust me, it's a story that's difficult to summarize ok?
I mean seriously, I pretty much converted something I had as a book novel over 3 years ago, and making it into something too complex to summarize. If I originally did it at a manga, I would already be halfway through with this project.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:00 am
Spider

Spider

hey im with ya. You got a yahoo messenger or something?

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:25 am
Ardjet

Ardjet

i could probably help yew with some voice acting

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 am
Clod

Clod

Tenks wrote:
how dumb would Bahram have to be to leave their most beasty Orbital Frame just "lying around" for anyone to take?

Cause things like that just don't happen right.
*cough*Jehuty*cough*

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:15 am