HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm

youtube zone of the enders 
Ardjet

Ardjet

Post youtube zone of the enders
hey guys

do you have any ZOE related videos to share

i just recorded one yesterday of me playing with a friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKmqdLwmLhI

it looks pretty crappy though

Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:40 pm
Spider

Spider

Post Re: youtube zone of the enders
On topic: I think I've got a run of E-Extreme ZoE2 lying around. Might upload that, 'cause that mode has given me nightmares for years...

Off-topic: Just a tip for next time you record man. If your video card supports it you can plug your PS2 into the card and then capture the stream directly off the card. Makes for much better quality, if you wanna go pro then you can buy a mid-range capture card (eg like this) for fairly cheap and use that. Both methods result in better quality video capture.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

Raziel Paragorne wrote:
Off-topic: Just a tip for next time you record man. If your video card supports it you can plug your PS2 into the card and then capture the stream directly off the card. .

since im a jobless loser, buying it comes out of the question

im quite interested in this pluging the PS2 thingie, how do the cables look like so i can recognize it so i may know where to plug things

and, are you a wizard?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:09 am
Spider

Spider

It'll depend on your video card, most modern ones will allow you to plug a HDMI cable straight in but for the PS2 you'll need one like this...
Image.
(Pardon the huge picture)

If your video card supports the input, which will be a round plug with 7 pins and a plastic seperator below them, you can plug the AV cables into the card that way. Once they're in you just need to use some capturing software, I think Windows Movie Maker actually does it natively so that's a free solution. The capturing software will allow you to play the game on your monitor and it will capture 1:1 what get's input. After that your quality is going to be controlled what codec is used to encode the video (read: What format you save it in) and by YouTube's compression algorithm when you upload it.

As for the wizard bit...no, but I've done a few YouTube videos with/for friends and as the techie of the group I usually get lumped with this stuff.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:12 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

HORI SHITTO
tnx alot for the info, i do recognize that cable... but my lap top dosen't have that connection, i guess i would have to buy the video card

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:34 am
Spider

Spider

Just be aware that Laptops are notoriously expensive to upgrade so if you're gonna buy a card get a capture card for your PC, I'm assuming you've got a tower lying around somewhere.

Current gen ones use PCI-Express slot so if you get a chance crack open your tower and check what slots you have free. The ones running parallell to the opening on the back of the case are the ones you want, the shorter slots are PCI-express while the longer ones are PCI.

If you've got a slot free then look at getting one of those DVR3200's I linked in an earlier post, they're a good mid-range card for a decent price.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:15 am