HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:07 pm

How fast does an orbital frame move? 

Post How fast does an orbital frame move?
I just joined here since this question has been bugging me for quite some time. I have not seen the anime so I am not sure if the answer was revealed. I know the speed of zero shift however when for example Jehuty is boosting / in flight mode, what is it's exact speed?

P.S. I think Fox has a sexy signature.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:51 pm
Metatron

Metatron

Post Re: How fast does an orbital frame move?
88 miles per hour.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

Quote:
. I know the speed of zero shift
How fast is that?? X_x

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:28 pm

ADA wrote:
88 miles per hour.

Only 88? That's pretty slow.

Qwerty zero shift moves at sub -light speed.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:32 pm
Raptor

Raptor

Hmmm well when it comes to space light doesnt travel as fast as we would like ,dont they in some sci-fi movies freeze people so while there traveling in lightyears so that must mean i takes ages =[ so my guess is zero shift is way faster than anything we can comprihend yet :!:

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:55 am
NARITA

NARITA

ADA wrote:
88 miles per hour.

back to the future quote?

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:37 am
Battery

Battery

the main reason metatron is such a powerful source of energy is because it can be be harnessed and used for space compression. This basically means defying the normal laws of physics and 'bending' space. The same principle is applied with the zero shift ability. It isn't a matter of moving in a linear fashion from point a to point b, but rather bending space to bring point a and point b closer together. In this fashion theoretically speaking you are moving across space at a rate faster than the speed of light, but in essence you are not really moving at all. Its like a wormhole effect. imagine a piece of paper wit two point on it. Instead of moving from on point to the other you bend the paper, bringing two points together, and then voila! Your shifted from your point of origin to your destination instantaneously, or in 'zero' time!

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:20 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid ... 03/1236208

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:49 pm
Battery

Battery

There was one direct mention of OF speed in Dolores, i. Specifically - the scene where Dolores/Isis entered Earth's atmosphere to intercept the orbital elevator carrying James and Baan. I believe the orbital elevator control room clocked Dolores's entry/intercept speed at 400,000 km/h (unless the sub is totally screwed, that's what her speed is) and Dolores isn't the most advanced of all the experimental OFs that we know off.

Considering that she had crossed Earth-Moon distance prior to that entry/intercept in roughly one hour or slightly less, I take the stated speed in the dub as more or less correct. Afterall, the Moon orbits the Earth at 363,104 km at perigee (closest point) and 405,696 km at apogee (furthest point).

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:52 am