HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 pm

ZOE 3 delay explanation 
Inhert

Inhert

Post ZOE 3 delay explanation
I have finally understood what's going on here.

Hideo Kojima has long had the engine, the team members, and the coders required for the GAME development.
But as we already know, Hideo Kojima is a cutscene fanatic.

Note, that after ZOE 2, all of the people that worked for the hand-drawn animated cutscenes with character dialogue have all disconnected themselves from the company, since their tasks were done.

After all, it's been nearly a decade since the anime voice actors/animators/writers had anything to do, so obviously they are not on the same team anymore, and it would be a severe pain in the ass to call ALL of them back up again, let alone organize a plan...

Furthermore, it's possible that some of these other people probably chose different,permanent careers, such as Leo's voice actor; he moved on to become a singer, we won't be hearing from HIM again...

So by resources, Hideo Kojima means this by lack of CUTSCENE resources.

Remember, ps3 and xbox are high-definition now, so the demand for neater and BETTER animators are required to fill in this massive block of resolution.

It's a transition from 480p to 720p!!! That's nearly double!!!
The only safe,cost-effective, alternative to this is cell-shaded character cutscene animation..which is still a pain in the ass since its animated movement is nearly impossible to master. Even the creators of AppleSeed had a rough time cursing at their computers and themselves.

What's more is the choice to either adapt to a new story, or milk the old one.

ZOE 2, as much as I hate to say it, had a perfect conclusion:
Dingo defeated the main antagonist/leader of bahram/goal of the show, so there's really no more baddies left after all of that.

So in order to make the ps3 release, he probably has to work hard on either a NEW story, or make a "Rising" of Leo Stenbuck, describing his unexplained part of the story- to fill the gap between ZoE 1 and 2.

Hopefully, I expect to see a story continuing from "Fist Of Mars" before engaging in high-speed Orbital Frame combat.
I believe that the power-spoiled veterans of ZOE 2 deserve to suffer a little bit of limitation on the ps3, and get more of a challenge.

Seriously... Jehuty is the most powerful thing ever besides God Gundam and Evangelion unit 1, let alone Gurren Lagaan.

So, what do you think?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:16 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post Re: ZOE 3 delay explanation
easy, skip a few decades after the events with political backstory and BS, start a rouge terrorism militia organization and bam, new material to work from

Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Gundam 00 kinda beat him there...

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:09 pm
Spider

Spider

I dunno.

Gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry, at least partially because software development itself is hugely expensive. If they budget for a game like MGS4 the cost of getting the voice actors and animators in is part and parcel to that.

I'd actually wager that it would cost LESS to re-hire the actors and animators than it does to pay Hideo's programming team. Here in Australia your average university-graduate programmer grosses $50,000 a year. As the years climb and they gain experience in the industry that moves up towards $100,000-$120,000. Now imagine if you had a team of 20 freshly-graduated programmers and maybe 5 software engineers to keep lead the teams working on a game for 3 years. You're up to spend at least $1,600,000 on wages for your programmers alone. That doesn't include CG modellers, sound technicians, the hardware required for development, planning and management staff...the lot.

I'd say the cost of getting the voice actors for a game to do a sequel would be inherently less than that of just developing the game -_-'

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:12 pm
Spider

Spider

Pshhhhhh

Kojima could do anything he wanted too.
He could get them to come back in and say a few lines,

If I were a bad Orbital Frame, I WOULDN'T BE SITTIN HERE BLOWIN YA UP NOW WOULD I?!?!?!?!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:09 pm