HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:18 pm

New guy & Nohman's origin theories. 
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post New guy & Nohman's origin theories.
Hello! My name's Bleant, im a new guy in this forum, obviously, as you can see.

Well, i'm a real fan of the ZOE series at a whole and it's story, but let me not waste words and make a question, well not so much of a question, but it's for you guys to think about Nohman's origin, since the first time i saw him, i felt surprised, his look is terrifying and extremely imponent.

Where do you guys think he comes from? He's nor an earthling nor an martian for sure, so, whaddya think 'bout it?

My theory on this is that he's not from this solar system, after all, humans colonized it all.

First i tought of Jupiter, but it's a gas planet and chaotic, therefore not being inhabitable by any living being.

Cya.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:00 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post Re: New guy & Nohman's origin theories.
Nohman was from mars, but he was an extremist who wanted total destruction. His father Rikoa Hardiman worked on the Aumaan Project so that pretty much proves his Martian heritage.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:29 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

If he was from Mars, why did he look like that?

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 am
Seeker

Seeker

Chara design, that's all. He went pretty much crazy as well, maybe that design is made to emphasize that. Many possible explanations.

We got canon proof that his father worked on Aumaan, so we should exclude the possibility of him coming from anywhere outside our good ol' solar system.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:26 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Yeah, still, his appearence bugs me, after all, there's no scientifical explanation to it.

Why would humanity go to Mars and "BAM!" turn white?

Uh, anyways.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:00 pm
Seeker

Seeker

I understand your reasoning, but really in an anime, it's not rare for a character to be physically impossible just to reflect his state of mind. For instance it's nor rare for a sneaky character to have his eyes "always closed" while they're actually opened, just to show that with him appearances can be deceitful.
Google Ichimaru Gin if you don't get what I mean (I'm French ^^).

As long as we don't get anything that suggests that Nohman isn't martian nor terran, we should assume that he is martian, because we do have some elements pointing in that direction.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

Yeah, i get whaddya mean.

I know it's Off topic, but anyways, i'm afraid that ZOEOA may be really darn laggy, cause if it's not going to be peer - to - peer, it will need a host, and i wouldn't entrust a single comp a whole server of ZOE players...

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:27 pm
Spider

Spider

Occasional lurker here.

Nohman was a normal human from Mars who became obsessed by the immense powers of Metatron manifested in Anubis; we know this from episode 19 of "Dolores, i", where he began showing the earliest signs of "metatoxication". Back then he looked pretty much human--well built even by Earth standards might I add.

We find out later in ZOE2 that Orbital Frames -and by extension, Metatron- can sustain a human body without the need for a heart and lungs. This is relevant; Nohman realized the limitations of a regular human body that would interfere with literally becoming one with Anubis (i.e. the need for a constant supply of air, the need for food, etc...) so he had his entire body replaced by an exoskeleton save for his head, leaving his brain as the only organ required to pilot Anubis. This lead to his head becoming almost death-like, as there is no blood (i.e. nutrients and oxygen) going there anymore, and is kept from decaying -and fully functional- solely by the power of Metatron (which he gets through the tail-like plug in his suit). Lastly, energy consumption by the brain would yield organic waste, which is ultimately drained by the tube that's going to his bladder (had to explain why he had a tube coming down from his head :P)

My 2 cents.

the doubts of the mind vanish
reason itself rests in silence
and the law of the cosmos works no more"

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:25 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

I ain't got any money right now but you got my respect sir.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:31 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Marduk wrote:
Occasional lurker here.

Nohman was a normal human from Mars who became obsessed by the immense powers of Metatron manifested in Anubis; we know this from episode 19 of "Dolores, i", where he began showing the earliest signs of "metatoxication". Back then he looked pretty much human--well built even by Earth standards might I add.

We find out later in ZOE2 that Orbital Frames -and by extension, Metatron- can sustain a human body without the need for a heart and lungs. This is relevant; Nohman realized the limitations of a regular human body that would interfere with literally becoming one with Anubis (i.e. the need for a constant supply of air, the need for food, etc...) so he had his entire body replaced by an exoskeleton save for his head, leaving his brain as the only organ required to pilot Anubis. This lead to his head becoming almost death-like, as there is no blood (i.e. nutrients and oxygen) going there anymore, and is kept from decaying -and fully functional- solely by the power of Metatron (which he gets through the tail-like plug in his suit). Lastly, energy consumption by the brain would yield organic waste, which is ultimately drained by the tube that's going to his bladder (had to explain why he had a tube coming down from his head :P)

My 2 cents.

Im sorry but did you actually make sense of Nohmans design?

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:58 pm