HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 am

what does ADA stand for 
Inhert

Inhert

Post Re: what does ADA stand for
Gado- wrote:
i dunno if it helps

but ada means fairy in spanish

I guess it could mean that. If you look at Jehuty's architecture, you will notice its design is based on fairy appearances as well as Egyptian Gods.

For example, the wings and their (inefficient afterburner fumes) look like fairy wings.The side panels on Jehuty's hips(including the cockpit) together resemble a skirt-like figure.

This is just my take on the design.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:36 pm
Seeker

Seeker

helldiver450 wrote:
Gado- wrote:
i dunno if it helps

but ada means fairy in spanish

I guess it could mean that. If you look at Jehuty's architecture, you will notice its design is based on fairy appearances as well as Egyptian Gods.

For example, the wings and their (inefficient afterburner fumes) look like fairy wings.The side panels on Jehuty's hips(including the cockpit) together resemble a skirt-like figure.

This is just my take on the design.

And with that every ounce of masculinity I once associated with Jehuty and it's badass pilot goes flying out the window. Sort of like how when you're playing Super Mario Bros and you realize the bushes and the clouds are the same, it blows your freaking mind.

Anyway, in terms of A.D.A. it's obviously an abbreviation, but if I had to guess I'd say it was

"Autonomous D___________ Assistant"

In the Japanese version of ANUBIS: Zone of the Enders, she introduces herself as

独立型戦闘支援ユニット"ADA"です。

(dokuritsugata sentou shien yunitto " ADA " desu .)

Which translates roughly into,

" Independent formation combat support unit, " ADA""

I'm guessing "Autonomous" for the first word as that would easily be the A-leading english equivalent of "Independent formation".

"Combat Support" in terms of a D-leading word has be stumped though. I'm almost tempted to just use the English versions "Detached" although that doesn't really parallel the Japanese reference.

Finally, "Unit", which in this case is literally the word "Unit", would basically be either "Assistant" or "Aide."

Anyway, that's my two cents on the issue. =P

Zone of the Enders X Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:09 pm
Spider

Spider

Wait...a fairy? It's been said many times that Jehuty was based on a bird motif, I personally don't see the fairy part.

I stand by my Ada Lovelace comparison though, an AI being named after one of the mothers of computer science makes sense.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:57 am
Seeker

Seeker

That does make sense, problem is the periods in "A.D.A." denote an abbreviation. While it's quite likely that the AI is a reference to the real-life Ada, the fact is the name "A.D.A." still stands for SOMETHING.

Zone of the Enders X Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:26 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

Raziel Paragorne wrote:
Wait...a fairy? It's been said many times that Jehuty was based on a bird motif.

we're talking about ADA (the AI) not the mech bro

Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:10 am