HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:37 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 A random idea... 
Seeker

Seeker

Post A random idea...
...that just popped in my mind.

Woudn't it be cool if they made an Online title of Zone of the Enders? MMORPG style.
You could make and customize your very own Orbital Frame, the looks, the weapons, skills and stats too.

There could be also some kind of class-setting dependent on the skills and the stats you decide to learn/power up/increase.

My whole life would go pass by me when customizing the Frame to the end. Damnit.

"I've always wanted that thing called Tuna Sashimi!"
    - Zuntata - Darius II: Olga Breeze -

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:22 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Re: A random idea...
ZOE is high speed robot action, that could be hard with internet lag.

but ZOE OA by helldiver is multiplayer, so it might work on fast LAN

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:35 am
Seeker

Seeker

michael_3dx wrote:

Yes... I guess that would be the one issue why Online game is pretty much impossible. :T

So far ZOE OA is looking awesome. If I had 3d rendering program and time I could try out making myself some frames too.
Even though my skills are limited to drawing atm, so the things I can do now is just conceptual scetches etc.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:36 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Kassu wrote:
michael_3dx wrote:

Yes... I guess that would be the one issue why Online game is pretty much impossible. :T

So far ZOE OA is looking awesome. If I had 3d rendering program and time I could try out making myself some frames too.
Even though my skills are limited to drawing atm, so the things I can do now is just conceptual scetches etc.

Blender and Softimage XSI mod tool are free programs, if you want to try 3d modelling.

If you make something cool, someone might put it in their game, or sell it at turbosquid

Last edited by michael_3dx on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
An online ZOE? No. Far too many games have online multiplayer, nowadays. Single player games are drowning in this multiplayer world.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:00 am
Seeker

Seeker

michael_3dx wrote:
Blender and Softimage XSI mod tool are free programs if you want to try 3d modelling.

If you make something cool someone might put it in their game, or sell it at turbosquid

Free ones, seriously? I must try out some day then.
My current computer though can't handle pretty much anything without closing down.

Bandage131 wrote:
An online ZOE? No. Far too many games have online multiplayer, nowadays. Single player games are drowning in this multiplayer world.

True that also. I'm not so much for the PVP and stuff, but customizing idea really itches me. I guess I'll just draw some random stuff and fantasies the time being.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Kassu wrote:
True that also. I'm not so much for the PVP and stuff, but customizing idea really itches me. I guess I'll just draw some random stuff and fantasies the time being.

It would be cool if ZOE3 was modable or highly customizable, but for now I'll just fiddle with my own game until a new ZOE game comes out. :geek:

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Bandage131 wrote:
Single player games are drowning in this multiplayer world.

Exactly. But I would say that it is not online multiplayer, itself, that its harmful. The problem is people who play first person shooters like Call of Duty nonstop and don't play any other games. The more successful it is for companies to focus on the multiplayer over the single player, the worse gaming is in the long run.

To be fair though, it is KP we are talking about. While the new MGO isn't spectacular, it is at least a quality product. But, I would rather not see the ZOE fanbase devolve into what the MGO community is. I'd rather just stay the way we are now. One thing I used to admire about KP was that it did not just follow the regular industry trends, it did whatever it wanted. It scares me that a new ZOE game would just be an average, unoriginal game, in an attempt to appeal to rank and file gamers.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:03 pm
Seeker

Seeker

michael_3dx wrote:
It would be cool if ZOE3 was modable or highly customizable, but for now I'll just fiddle with my own game until a new ZOE game comes out. :geek:

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:11 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Maybe we should make a poll to see how many that want the next ZOE game to be customizable, and tell what part they want to customize.

I wish you could mess with the AI and level design (place extruded splines, vr style). :geek:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:26 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next