HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 pm

So, uh, guys? 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Post Re: So, uh, guys?
CaveShinobi wrote:
VicViper_Leo wrote:
I'd assume that they would treat it the same way as the MGS HD collection.

Since I don't exactly know how they treated MGS HDC... could you enlighten me? :B

Have you played the God of War Collection? Basically, they just smoothed a few textures and made the frame rate a little better.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:03 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

CaveShinobi wrote:
Eh, they can always change the story a bit and add lots of battle against BAHRAM. After all, according to ZoE2, BAHRAM conquered a lot and almost annihilated the UNSF ever since Dingo left it, which was maybe 1 year before the start of ZoE1 (with the production time of the frames and all that jazz). And, since the UNSF was still pretty damn strong by the end of ZoE1 (remember Dolores, i? The UNSF still had some grip on things there), I guess most of the demolishing was done between the two games.

Especially with Anubis under Nohman's control. Yeah.

I'd assume that Dingo left when his LEV team was wiped out, six years before ZOE2, which would be 2168 (yep, somehow Earth had developed OF tech a year after BAHRAM developed their own, don't understand that at all; not only that, according to Dingo, it was the LATEST Earth model, meaning that Earth had developed at least two models of OF a year after BAHRAM had developed only 1). Since he knew Nohman betrayed him, why keep working for the purple haired slimeball for three years?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:06 pm
Zakat

Zakat

I just checked the wiki. ZoE2 is set two years after ZoE1, so that makes Dingo's last mission four years before ZoE1. And that is right after the Idolo project. Hm. Wasn't really aware the dates were so close to each other.

Anyway, on to that mech development issue, don't forget BAHRAM was focusing on testing OF technology. By the time Dingo was ambushed, there had been only one frame made: Idolo. So, while Earth was developing LEVs, Mars was busy studying the new Metatron ore and trying to make even better mechs. I guess it makes sense. I mean, they could have developed just one LEV, but they had a greater ace up their sleeves.

And no, I haven't played any of the two God of War collections. I don't have a PS3, yet (will probably get one this Christmas, though!).

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:57 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Here is a video showing MGS3 HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glwSKmCZ63Y

It's like Bandage said

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:08 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

CaveShinobi wrote:
I just checked the wiki. ZoE2 is set two years after ZoE1, so that makes Dingo's last mission four years before ZoE1. And that is right after the Idolo project. Hm. Wasn't really aware the dates were so close to each other.

Anyway, on to that mech development issue, don't forget BAHRAM was focusing on testing OF technology. By the time Dingo was ambushed, there had been only one frame made: Idolo. So, while Earth was developing LEVs, Mars was busy studying the new Metatron ore and trying to make even better mechs. I guess it makes sense. I mean, they could have developed just one LEV, but they had a greater ace up their sleeves.

And no, I haven't played any of the two God of War collections. I don't have a PS3, yet (will probably get one this Christmas, though!).

Except that Dingo states specifically that the UNSF was using OFs, not LEVs (amazing how many capital letters I have to use just to make a post regarding this universe). He talks about the massive difference between machines even at that early stage (which is a year after the Deimos Affair).

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:12 am
Zakat

Zakat

Quoting from the ZoE Wiki:

Quote:
They were completely outnumbered and outclassed by the Space Force's then-new L.E.V'S.

http://zoneoftheenders.wikia.com/wiki/Dingo_Egret

Your memory probably just switched something in there. Besides, it'd make no sense for Earth to have OFs. If you remember, the Vic Viper is the closest the UNSF got to an OF, and it's still a LEV. Besides, in ZoE1 and Dolores, i, there's not one UNSF-controlled OF. The only one they ever managed to get their hands on was Jehuty, which was immediately hidden by Leo.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:12 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

From the game itself:

Dingo: In those days, the Orbital Frame was still in the experimental state. They were on the latest Earth-built model. We were on LEVs. There was an incredible performance difference between them and us.

Dingo's exact words (I used YouTube, since I didn't feel like getting that far into the game again).

Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:15 pm
Zakat

Zakat

That's definitely weird, then. Someone should correct the ZoE wiki article, though.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:33 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

I've never liked the ZOE wiki anyway. It's too underworked.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:51 pm

It's just as I've been trying to get my jehuty to look!

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:27 am