HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 pm

ZoE has like no publicity... 
Scanner

Scanner

Post ZoE has like no publicity...
And yet.... its so awesome....

Is it up to us?

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:41 pm

Post Re: ZoE has like no publicity...
I'd have to say: Y E S!

I'm happy to see this site, and that it has an active fan-base! :D

And here I was, thinking everyone forgot about the godlyness that is ZOE. ;;

Fri May 02, 2008 1:36 am
Metatron

Metatron

It's Metal Gear's shadow. If we see anything new with ZOE, it will have to be after they stop whoring Metal Gear.

Mon May 12, 2008 3:40 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

I disagree somewhat. ZOE lives in Metal Gear's shadow, but it is not the shadow itself. This is mostly due to how ZOE was first packaged. Kojima knew full well from his experience with making Snatcher and Policenauts that even though games he made without Snake on the cover could still recieve the critical acclaim they well deserved, but they would not be anywhere near as successful commercially. With Zone of the Enders, he attempted to remedy this by packing the MGS2 demo, which everyone was frothing at the bit to posess, with this odd giant robot game that also happened to have his name on it. The plan was for people to buy it because they wanted the demo, and then to become fans of the game they had actually payed for.

Unfortunately, this quite obviously backfired. While ZOE sold tons of copies in its initial run, only about 1 in 5 people who payed $50 to own the game actually put that shiny little disc into their PS2.

Konami really did everything they could initially to make ZOE a success, and they did the only thing they really could do when they massively limited the release on Anubis. The fact is, ZOE came, like a number of other fantastic but forgotten PS2 games, at a really bad time, when everyone was saving their money, and their praise, for the upcoming advents of MGS2 and Final Fantasy X. Timing will be a key factor if and when ZOE3 sees the light of creation.

Wed May 14, 2008 9:29 pm
Metatron

Metatron

When would you say ZOE3 should be announced, if, for instance, it actually is being planned? After MGS4 excitement has calmed down in June & July, or a few months down the line?

Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

If Kojima's smart, he'll capitalize on the fervor surrounding the last of the MGS games. Doubtless Konami will continue to run the Metal Gear franchise into the ground after Kojima leaves it, but the MGS series ends with the release of GOTP. ZOE's main problem initially was that it was seen as a sort of Konami stop-gap until MGS2 came out. Now that Kojima's primary focus will (hopefully) be ZOE3, with no impending MGS on the horizon, Metal Gear fans will flock to whatever Kojima's working on next so that they can get their fix of 'the master'.

But then that's just my opinion. I hope it works out whichever way Kojima-san decides to handle it.

Thu May 15, 2008 9:39 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

There are some very good points here ... and I would just hope that Hideo has some good plans in mind for ZOE3's development and publicity.

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Personally i am astounded that the whole ZOE franchise (games, anime, atwork, figures et al) isn't more of a phenomenon to be honest. I know it's popular and whatnot but my word surely it has the ingredients to be a modern great? (even though it IS a great in our eyes)

The anime trappings and gundam/eva style mech babble alone should have carved a place in more peoples hearts and minds than it has, never mind the high end production values showcasing then-revolutionary graphics, sound and quality. Man, its so sad the game hasnt found a bigger audience, but i believe that can totally change this gen. Think about it, the ps3 isnt awash with AAA 3rd party exclusives at the moment, now more than ever is indeed the PERFECT time to attack gamers everywhere with a graphical powerhouse of a trailer (preferebly a perfected 2nd Runner engine) to relaunch the franchise for a new generation!

Afterall it seems that only graphics makes money these days unfortunately, just look at killzone 2!

Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Raptor

Raptor

I noe aye all they had was like a commercial on some jap tv station =[

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:34 am
Raptor

Raptor

WE gotta publicise ourselfs! >;0

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:35 am