HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Show Your ZOE Collection 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post Re: Show Your ZOE Collection
Bandage131 wrote:
VicViper_Leo wrote:
And, as a side note, I can't believe how far Resident Evil has strayed from its roots.

Where were you when RE4 came out? I saw from that game's trailers (the ones that showed the final game, not the six or seven different versions of the game that were scrapped before we got Leon in Spain) that it was nowhere near what I'd been playing in RE0-CVX.

I've always maintained that Resi 4 was the turning point in the series. After it, both Resi 5 and now 6 took some major leaps away from the things I enjoyed about the original Resi games, particularly 1 and 3 (I'm not as huge a fan of 2 as most other people. but I still like it). But while 4 can be viewed as the hinge factor, the series really did not have to go in the direction it did. 4 is not the shooter that 5, and now 6, are. It was the decision to focus more on action in 5 that set the series on the course for flying an airplane in 6. On the other hand, had Capcom continued on with the style of 4, which did maintain the atmosphere and puzzles of previous games, we wouldn't be here today.

So, if you are looking to place blame, I wouldn't necessarily aim it at 4, but the direction Capcom went after it. I don't know if there were leadership changes on the dev team, or some other outside factor, but that's probably were the criticism is deserved.

Last edited by VicViper_Leo on Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:42 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
VicViper_Leo wrote:
Bandage131 wrote:
VicViper_Leo wrote:
And, as a side note, I can't believe how far Resident Evil has strayed from its roots.

Where were you when RE4 came out? I saw from that game's trailers (the ones that showed the final game, not the six or seven different versions of the game that were scrapped before we got Leon in Spain) that it was nowhere near what I'd been playing in RE0-CVX.

I've always maintained that Resi 4 was the turning point in the series. After it, both Resi 5 and now 6 took some major leaps away from the things I enjoyed about the original Resi games, particularly 1 and 3 (I'm not as huge a fan of 2 as most other people. but I still like it). But while 4 can be viewed as the hinge factor, the series really did not have to go in the direction it did. 4 is not the shooter that 5, and now 6, are. It was the decision to focus more on action in 5 that set the series on the course for flying an airplane in 6. On the other hand, had Capcom continued on with the style of 4, which did maintain the atmosphere and puzzles of previous games, we wouldn't be here today.

So, if you are looking to place blame, I would necessarily aim it at 4, but the direction Capcom went after it. I don't know if there were leadership changes on the dev team, or some other outside factor, but that's probably were the criticism is deserved.

Yes, RE6 has action, and quite a bit of it (nowhere NEAR as much as RE5, which is probably the reason I've been having a harder time playing that one). Plus, there are 2 flying a plane sequences (one for Leon and one for Chris), and both of them are quite fun (and the one for Chris is very easy to avoid damage).

Each of RE6's campaigns has a different feel/style to it. Leon is, much like the previous games, atmospheric and horror-like. Chris's campaign is a bit more of what was found in RE4/5, but not to the extent of RE5. Jake's campaign is a sort of cross between Chris's campaign and RE2/3, there's action, but there's a giant stalking you everywhere that you have to fight multiple times (and the final fight with it is... well... completely stolen from RE2). Ada's (unlockable) campaign is very puzzle-focused, as far as I've played into it (I'm still in the middle of chapter 1 of Ada's campaign).

RE6 is far better than 5 (you can learn this in the opening tutorial, which ended up being everything I wanted Resident Evil Outbreak to be).

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:15 am
Manta

Manta

:D
I received the ZOE Konami style two days ago.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 pm
Inhert

Inhert

please record your gameplay

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 pm
Scanner

Scanner

Does anyone know what equipment is needed to record output from a tv? (Just recording with a videocamera will be bad quality...)

Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm
Zakat

Zakat

mmbbt wrote:

Holy shit I'm jealous.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:35 pm
Scanner

Scanner

mmbbt wrote:

Is that the european version?

If so then it should be out soon, so I can get it. :D

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:47 pm
Manta

Manta

It's Japanese version.

:lol: and...I've gotten the platinum of ZOE1.
Now I'm going on with my favourite Anubis.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:36 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

The other day I went up to GameStop to try to upgrade my preorder to that special edition, but I missed the deadline. So, I guess I'm just going wait until this storm passes, and see if they have any extra copies of it.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:06 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6