HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:34 am

MGS fan getting into ZOE 

Post MGS fan getting into ZOE
I'm a pretty big MGS fan, and when I caught word that ZOE3 might be next on KP's plate I decided I'd put off on playing the ZOE games for way too long. I found a copy of ZOE1 at the mall, but ZOE2 is apparently nowhere in town, so I'm going to have to EBay that one.

There's also the anime(s), and that's kind of why I'm making the topic. I plan on checking those out too. But what order should I tackle it all in? Should I check out the anime/OVA after playing both the games? Between the two games? Before the games?

Thanks for any replies if I get them.

Tue May 05, 2009 8:50 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

Post Re: MGS fan getting into ZOE
woa i was so glad when i herd you were gonna fanatice over ZOE

do this play/beat the first one , watch the OVA (idolo) , play/beat 2nd runnah
and thats it, there is also a side story on the GBA but its not very well liked around here
cuz of complains that its too easy and shit , but it can get quite fun and HARD if you just
take out the IAS(i do recomend it) .... and if you feel like it just watch ZOE doloers i.

PS i don't like metal gear

Tue May 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Metatron

Metatron

SteagleColbeagle wrote:
I'm a pretty big MGS fan, and when I caught word that ZOE3 might be next on KP's plate I decided I'd put off on playing the ZOE games for way too long. I found a copy of ZOE1 at the mall, but ZOE2 is apparently nowhere in town, so I'm going to have to EBay that one.

There's also the anime(s), and that's kind of why I'm making the topic. I plan on checking those out too. But what order should I tackle it all in? Should I check out the anime/OVA after playing both the games? Between the two games? Before the games?

Thanks for any replies if I get them.

Get both ZOE1 and ZOE2, play ZOE1 first, then play ZOE2.

DO NOT get ONLY ZOE1.

I repeat:

DO NOT get ONLY ZOE1.

Like most people, you'll fall into the trap of being turned off by ZOE1's repetitive gameplay, and end up not touching ZOE2, because ZOE2 is fucking HOLYSHIT awesome. Don't play ZOE1 until you have ZOE2 right next to you, ready to play after you beat ZOE1. That's all.

If I were you, this is what I'd do:

1) Watch 2167 IDOLO
2) Then play ZOE1
3) Then play ZOE2.

After those are all over with, I'd give the TV series Dolores,i a shot, but it's totally up to you, and so is the GBA game. I'm not really into either of them, lol.

Just my two cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

In case you were wondering, here's a brief timeline:

ZOE Timeline wrote:
2167 A.D.:
    The 2167 IDOLO OVA

2172 A.D.:
    Episodes 1-12 of the Dolores,i TV series,
    ZOE1,
    Episodes 13-26 of the Dolores,i TV series again.

2173 A.D.:
    The GBA game (though it's its own little story, like the TV series)

2174 A.D.:
    ZOE2.

Wed May 06, 2009 3:16 am
Zakat

Zakat

*Agrees with admin*

See, this is one of Kojima's mistakes... I dont think he got people to test the first ZOE and as a result many people found it boring.

So, after ZOE2 came out - No one bought it because they thought that it would be the same as ZOE1 -.-

Im pretty much a ZOE/MGS fan altogether, And i dont like robots (like gundam and stuff like that) but zone of the enders had me on the egde of my seat and begging for more! Pretty Weird.

Done Requests: Request #1 Request #2

Highly inactive, But still visit from time to time.

Wed May 06, 2009 6:42 am
Manta

Manta

I wouldn't go as far to say everyone found it boring, but there are quite a bit less Mecha fans than there are MGS/Gunz n Glory type fans.

ZoE 1 is slow at times, but you can keep a good pace with the game if you know what you are doing.

Personally, I enjoyed the anime, and its very cheap on Ebay right now. I think you can grab the slim boxset with Idolo for $30, which is a steal. Only problem is you get no special features with Idolo, such as an interview with the Frame designer and some cool art.

Wed May 06, 2009 8:32 am

I've heard how great ZOE2 is compared to ZOE1, so I didn't really have any intentions of skipping over it. I was just curious what order I should check the games/animes in. Apparantly Dolores,i isn't very important in the grand scheme of things, lol.

Thanks for filling me in, I'm going to be getting ZOE2 off of Ebay next paycheck and I'll look into IDOLO and Dolores,i.

Wed May 06, 2009 1:15 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

i don't know what so bat about ZOE 1... i beated it 15 dozens of times =/

Thu May 07, 2009 1:10 pm

So, I've watched IDOLO and beaten ZOE1, and now I'm kind of confused.

IDOLO: Martians = good guys, Earthlings = bad guys
ZOE1: Martians = bad guys, Jupiterians (?) = good guys? Or would Antilla fall under "Earth" considering in IDOLO the Earthlings lived in that orbital space station and picked on Radium and co.?

Why the switch?

Plus, if the Martians attacked Antilla to steal Jehuty and Anubis, when Leo took Jehuty, his mission he was given was to deliver Jehuty to Mars. Meaning he'd be delivering it to the Martians. Meaning he's delivering it to the people attacking him. Why are they attacking him? I couldn't follow.

I don't really need something to hold my hand through the story, but when all the game really gives you is "OH NO, BAD DUDES ATTACKED US, GET TO MARS" it leaves you with a lot of questions. Anyone care to explain a bit?

Sat May 09, 2009 3:39 pm
Metatron

Metatron

SteagleColbeagle wrote:
IDOLO: Martians = good guys, Earthlings = bad guys
ZOE1: Martians = bad guys, Jupiterians (?) = good guys?

Why the switch?

2167 Idolo is told from BAHRAM's point of view. While in ZOE1, you're playing through as Leo -- who has no affiliation with anyone -- but since BAHRAM is after Jehuty, and you're in Jehuty being guided by UNSF members, BAHRAM is your enemy and the main antagonists in the game (so like Leo & UNSF's POV).

There are no bad guys (except Nohman, which will be made clear why in ZOE2), just opposing sides. BAHRAM is just fighting to be independent from Earth.

Also, as you probably know, BAHRAM made Idolo, UNSF made Jehuty & Anubis (after Idolo's Orbital Frame data was released everywhere, like everyone started making Metal Gears -- RAY for example -- after REX's data was released).

SteagleColbeagle wrote:
Plus, if the Martians attacked Antilla to steal Jehuty and Anubis, when Leo took Jehuty, his mission he was given was to deliver Jehuty to Mars. Meaning he'd be delivering it to the Martians. Meaning he's delivering it to the people attacking him. Why are they attacking him? I couldn't follow.

They don't know it's supposed to be delivered, that's a secret. They just have orders to steal it. ADA's mission aboard Jehuty is to reach AUMAAN so she can self-destruct, destroying BAHRAM's super weapon. BAHRAM doesn't know of ADA's mission and wants to capture [or destroy] Jehuty because AUMAAN needs both Anubis and Jehuty before it can even activate.

So BAHRAM needs Jehuty and Anubis to activate this ultimate "AUMAAN" weapon, and they already have Anubis. However, since Anubis is so powerful even without AUMAAN, they don't care if Jehuty gets destroyed, even if it means no more AUMAAN.

BAHRAM can either:

a) Capture Jehuty and gain even more power with the AUMAAN weapon...

b) Just destroy Jehuty and forget about AUMAAN, since they already have Anubis which is already super powerful as it is.

But Nohman is obsessed with continuing his deceased father's AUMAAN project. He can destroy Jehuty easily if he wanted to, but since he knows destroying Jehuty means no AUMAAN -- no ZOMG ULTIMATE POWER -- why so easily destroy Jehuty when you can capture it and see what AUMAAN is capable of?

So, after escaping from Anubis [for now], ZOE1 leaves the player on a cliffhanger and reveals ADA's mission to go to AUMAAN.

Now play ZOE2. Aside from concluding everything, it reveals more backstory, and you can figure out the rest as you play through.

Sun May 10, 2009 3:20 am
Zakat

Zakat

Nice one admin, Didnt know most of that.

Justinzero wrote:
I wouldn't go as far to say everyone found it boring, but there are quite a bit less Mecha fans than there are MGS/Gunz n Glory type fans.

I didnt say everyone, Just most of the people... besides, I used to hate all those robot type stuff, But ZOE was legendary!

Justinzero wrote:
ZoE 1 is slow at times, but you can keep a good pace with the game if you know what you are doing.

Well, yeah... I used to play the game as fast as a bullet, But sometimes...

Code:
[ADA] We got to go thru this energy sheild, we need an unmanned raptor
[Leo] OMG SHUR, LETS GO GET ONE !11!ONE!

:shock:

:roll: umm, where is it?

Cause thats what happened to me. and as a result, I was so bored that i got kind of sleepy.

Done Requests: Request #1 Request #2

Highly inactive, But still visit from time to time.

Sun May 10, 2009 9:31 am