HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:54 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next
 ZOE1 & 2 HD Collection Official Thread 
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Re: ZOE1 & 2 HD Collection officially confirmed!
IDOLO'S part would be pretty boring considering that most of the fighting is just a bunch of training, the only time he truly fights is in the end of the movie, and therefore, of the storyline, unless they let us pilot hathor after that.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:37 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Nah, I didn't mean playable. Like in that Tekken Tag Tournament game or Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2, just tack it on as movie extra. Maybe add a character to one of the versus modes after watching it.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:05 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Y'know, I guess the only real addition I'd love is if they replaced the talking circles in ZOE1's cockpit scenes with the talking heads from ZOE2.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:22 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Y'know, there wasn't exactly anything really "new" about the HD Collection at TGS, like was promised. We got a little showing, and Kojima stating once again that he'd love to make ZOE3. Nothing "new" there.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:12 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Bandage131 wrote:
Y'know, there wasn't exactly anything really "new" about the HD Collection at TGS, like was promised. We got a little showing, and Kojima stating once again that he'd love to make ZOE3. Nothing "new" there.

Actually, we got something new. That little video. I'd say that's pretty much proof that they're doing something, even if it's just the remake. Companies don't release trailers/teasers just to say they can.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:30 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Well, I was expecting some trailer that showed off the HD quality of the games, or even just the "three or four minutes of new animation".

Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:19 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Bandage131 wrote:
Well, I was expecting some trailer that showed off the HD quality of the games, or even just the "three or four minutes of new animation".

First, the games aren't even any near ready; they probably haven't rendered half the stuff in HD yet. And the new 3/4 minutes of animation? Tell me: seeing how they're cutscenes (so they're probably going to contain plot details and whatnot) and one of the selling points, what would they win if they showed us that? They would only lose: whatever they would be working on would lose all secrecy, everybody would know how the cutscenes were and they would lose a selling point.

However, if they just gave us some flashes of some cutscenes, that'd probably do good, yeah. In fact, now that I think of it, they probably did it. Remember those glimpses of Viola and naked Ken? Those are likely to be part of the new animation. As you see, they flashed us some images. But would they show the "three or four minutes of new animation", as you said? Hell no.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:30 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

CaveShinobi wrote:
Bandage131 wrote:

First, the games aren't even any near ready; they probably haven't rendered half the stuff in HD yet. And the new 3/4 minutes of animation? Tell me: seeing how they're cutscenes (so they're probably going to contain plot details and whatnot) and one of the selling points, what would they win if they showed us that? They would only lose: whatever they would be working on would lose all secrecy, everybody would know how the cutscenes were and they would lose a selling point.

However, if they just gave us some flashes of some cutscenes, that'd probably do good, yeah. In fact, now that I think of it, they probably did it. Remember those glimpses of Viola and naked Ken? Those are likely to be part of the new animation. As you see, they flashed us some images. But would they show the "three or four minutes of new animation", as you said? Hell no.

Okay, I'll say this much:

1) They've got to have at least SOME of the game rendered. Even just an opening level would work for me.
2) 3-4 minutes of new animation is NOT going to contain much, if any, story. They'd lose out on nothing if they showed us this.
3) Chances are most of the people who care about the ZOE HD Collection already own/have beaten ZOE 1&2 ANYWAY.
4) That was a static image of Viola that I've seen for the past ten years (including, but not limited to Google image search, and a preview in Official PlayStation Magazine back in 2001), so the only new thing is Ken in her birthday suit, and until people pointed it out to me, I didn't even know it was Ken.

So, I did NOT get what I wanted out of TGS with the HD Collection. Besides, this is Kojima Productions we're talking about, here. They usually have at least a later-retweaked trailer to show a few years before it comes out (MGS4's TGS 2005 trailer, for example). I just expected more.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:43 am
Zakat

Zakat

Sure, they've got some, but maybe not enough for properly showing it off. Do not forget they've announced it only this Summer and be released probably by the end of 2012.

It may not contain much, but there might be something critical for a sequel (which, if you think for a while, is the most likely. Just think: how would they bridge the existing story to a new instalment? Cliffhangers. How could they create one? More animated cutscenes, which are only used for pushing the story onward). Besides, like I said, showing glimpses of it like a stark naked Ken won't do much, but showing all the new animation is asking a bit too much. It's still a selling point; showing it all would only destroy all the surprise.

It is? Well, I've never seen it before, so I assumed it was new. I'm pretty sure that little bit of Leo zooming into the camera is new, though. At least I don't remember that appearing on ZoE2.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:25 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Well, you and I almost seem to be oil and water. Presumably, I'm the water and you're the oil.

I wasn't asking for something outrageously huge, just a little bit and more than Birthday Suit Ken (and I missed any shot of Leo in there). I just really wanted some footage to see whether or not I should get excited about the whole thing. The three/four minutes of extra animation is little compensation for $30-$50 bucks of two games I've already got (and someday, I can probably watch the extra footage on YouTube), when altogether they cost me $35 to begin with (not counting $20 for the anime and $12 for Fist of Mars).

And, oh... God, I hope they don't add a cliffhanger to the end of ZOE2. I wasn't pleased with that ending to begin with, and an extra cliffhanger will just drive me over the damn edge.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next