HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:18 pm

MAJOR ZOE:OA UPDATE! Marduk awakens 
Inhert

Inhert

Post MAJOR ZOE:OA UPDATE! Marduk awakens
WHAT'S UP?

So some of you, especially, the creator, are wondering what happened to Marduk and what is currently happening at the moment....

WELLLLLLL,let's just say that I've been busier than a Chinese Waiter lately...
^ above: The wings are finally mounted.

After all of the optimization and all of the anti-lag warfare I've been putting up, Marduk still insists on being one hell of a lagger! So unfortunately, ZOEOA will have to resolve for medium-end computers. Hopefully it won't cause too much trouble for the low-ends either.... DON'T WORRY: ZOEOA will have a minimum requirements thingy before it's released! Which is why I fricking need ZOEOA beta feedback, since BETA means "Hey guys try me out, and tell my creator what I'm like!" Sadly, there isn't enough forum activity here, or at least no one cares enough to leave a little sticky note.

Anyway, mus0u wanted me to post an in-game screenshot before I get my neck slitted open whether or not this thing is finished or not.
Currently, I'm still working out the kinks...

ImageWhat? Can't notice the mistake?

Here you go then:
Above: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Yeah, ummm. I'm totally going full-out perfectionist on this mech because I understand that mus0u has spent a long time working on his model, and I'm sure he doesn't want any screwups when he trusts me with his masterpiece.

Anyway, I highly encourage the population to mess around with ZOEOA and hopefully point out any more glitches or junkies that interfere with the gameplay.

Oh, and last week happened to be a massive 15 LEV-VS-OF player battle in which everyone's network pinged and lagged from the awesomeness...
Boy did you guys MISS SOMETHING BIG!

ImageIf you look closely, you'll see one of the two Jehuty's with red custom parts.

Well sadly, it was a local lan battle which just happened to be the distance of two blocks at minimum and we didn't exactly have high-speed upload rates on your ISP's.

Still, it was one hell of a battle for me to watch, nonetheless.

Currently, Kira and I are still converting marduk... So it's far from complete.
The blade is stiff and won't fold yet, the "back ring" still pieces the body sometimes, and the neck won't move an inch!
So we still have a long way to go...
Post what you think below :)

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 am
Spider

Spider

Post Re: MAJOR ZOE:OA UPDATE! Marduk awakens
That's pretty impressive! What's the poly count now (it was something around 240k before)? :D
I've got a solution for the blade problem. In the story canon, The blade "shrinks" into the arm's flat-space strip. (the wings do the same when not flying but ignore that ftm)
Think you can implement that?

the doubts of the mind vanish
reason itself rests in silence
and the law of the cosmos works no more"

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:20 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Marduk wrote:
That's pretty impressive! What's the poly count now (it was something around 240k before)? :D
I've got a solution for the blade problem. In the story canon, The blade "shrinks" into the arm's flat-space strip. (the wings do the same when not flying but ignore that ftm)
Think you can implement that?

psh, the blade can dissappear or something. A shrinking animation would be too much trouble P_P

As for the wings, I'd preffer to keep them as stiff props on the body...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
The lack of forum activity here drives me insane since all of this ZOEOA work is to make all of the ZOE fans happy while they wait for ZOE 3.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:35 pm
Inhert

Inhert

so what do you guys think about Marduk?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:37 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Gotta say that Marduk looks pretty much badass.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:49 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:33 pm
Manta

Manta

The knees look like they've been dipped in crisco...I LOVE IT

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:06 pm
Seeker

Seeker

helldiver450 wrote:

The lack of forum activity here drives me insane since all of this ZOEOA work is to make all of the ZOE fans happy while they wait for ZOE 3.

Personally speaking, you're not really marketting this project efficiently. I've been on this site for about two years now and ZOEOA is just this project I keep hearing about which is constantly updated, but never really promoted. Do you guys have like a website or thread with the latest update? Because it took me a Google search to even find out what ZOEOA stood for, and all I could stumble across in terms of information about the game was an old thread with a Megaupload link. Is that still the most current version?

You really should incorporate some sort of grounding site for this project, a place your fans can go to find the latest update/patches etc. Whether that be a website or something akin to a dedicated thread is up to you. But whatever the case, I'd start including a link to information/downloading of ZOEOA in your signature. Right now everything is a bit too scattered in terms of information about the game.

If I can get my hands on the latest version of ZOEOA, I'd be happy to give you a formal review of it. :)

Zone of the Enders X Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:41 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Tenks wrote:
helldiver450 wrote:

Personally speaking, you're not really marketting this project efficiently. I've been on this site for about two years now and ZOEOA is just this project I keep hearing about which is constantly updated, but never really promoted. Do you guys have like a website or thread with the latest update? Because it took me a Google search to even find out what ZOEOA stood for, and all I could stumble across in terms of information about the game was an old thread with a Megaupload link. Is that still the most current version?

You really should incorporate some sort of grounding site for this project, a place your fans can go to find the latest update/patches etc. Whether that be a website or something akin to a dedicated thread is up to you. But whatever the case, I'd start including a link to information/downloading of ZOEOA in your signature. Right now everything is a bit too scattered in terms of information about the game.

If I can get my hands on the latest version of ZOEOA, I'd be happy to give you a formal review of it. :)

Hmm, you are absolutely right!

Starting this weekend, THANKS TO TENKS, I will be making the ZOEOA home site!
No ads, no spammers, and weekly updates, this is gonna be big!- Also it'll include a reference link to ZOETUS. I love this site and I want it to continue rising in popularity.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:30 pm

This is great news. 8-)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 pm