HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:57 am

Life-size Evangelion Unit 01 model coming to Japan 
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Life-size Evangelion Unit 01 model coming to Japan
Source: http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/10/05/14/1614205/Life-size-Eva-Unit-01-Being-Built-In-Japan

Quote:
Fujikyuko, owners of Fuji-Q Highland amusement park, announced on May 12th that they are building a new attraction dedicated to the popular anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion, which will include a full-sized replicate of part of one of the series mecha units.

The attraction is being called EVANGELION: WORLD, and will center around a three dimensional bust of the well-known Eva Unit 01, piloted in the series by the main character Shinji Ikari, as it sits in a replica of its hanger. The Mainichi noted that it will likely stand at around 9 meters (app. 30 ft.) high and 16 meter (app. 52 ft.) wide.

Fujikyuko stated that visitors will have a chance to not only see the Unit 01 bust, but will also be able to pay to have a souvenir photo taken in the unit’s cockpit. Other attractions within EVANGELION: WORLD will include a life-size model of the character Kaworu Nagisa, a museum, a video corner, studio gallery for additional photos, and a shop.

While Neon Genesis Evangelion originally premiered on Japanese TV in 1995, the Evangelion attraction is being built in conjunction with the recent theatrical releases of the series, the first two movies of which were released in 2007 and 2009.

The life-size Evangelion unit model comes after the success of other recently built life-sized anime models in Japan, including a Gundam in Tokyo and the Gigantor Tetsujin 28 in Kobe.

EVANGELION: WORLD is being built on a 1460 sq. meter (app. 15,715 sq. ft.) area within the Fuji-Q Highland park at a projected cost of ¥150 million (currently over $1.6 million USD). Fujikyuko anticipates the attraction will be ready for opening on July 23rd of this year.

Fuji-Q Highland costs ¥1,200 to enter, and EVANGELION: WORLD will cost an additional ¥800. Visitors can alternatively purchase a one-day ticket and attraction free pass for ¥4,800. Rebates are available for Children, students, seniors, and large groups. More information on the park, including access by train, bus, and car, is available in English on the Fuji-Q Highland website.

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Post Re: Life-size Evangelion Unit 01 model coming to Japan
IM-FUCKING POSSIBLE! The EVA-01 is so fucking massive that it's over 3 times taller than the nearby towers, it's only about AS TALL as the empire state building, if not bigger....

Think about how much plastic will be needed for this...

Fri May 14, 2010 3:05 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

YES! I need to change that "someday Japan" to just "Japan" right away. I'm a pretty big fan pf Evangelion, so this is one of the best things I could ever hear. I have become to happy soul and need to be in Japan right away!!

Fri May 14, 2010 7:45 pm
NARITA

NARITA

Pics please

Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Pic's or didn't happen.

Done Requests: Request #1 Request #2

Highly inactive, But still visit from time to time.

Sat May 15, 2010 5:00 am
Ardjet

Ardjet

so they're planning on doing it, thats awesome

evangelion is so deep i love it

Sat May 15, 2010 10:07 pm
NARITA

NARITA

Too deep for shallow minds

Sun May 16, 2010 1:14 am
Clod

Clod

deeeeep?
lol
its shallow as fuck pretending to be deeeeeep

But I believe I have stated that else where and this is not the topic for that ;v

This is kinda pointless, I mean, why bother :v

Do something else with the money :/

helldiver450 wrote:
IM-FUCKING POSSIBLE! The EVA-01 is so fucking massive that it's over 3 times taller than the nearby towers, it's only about AS TALL as the empire state building, if not bigger....

Think about how much plastic will be needed for this...

It says a Bust, so its only the head and shoulders.

Sun May 16, 2010 2:19 am
Inhert

Inhert

Aww, only the head and shoulders? man, that kills me. OH well, it's reasonable. Evas are as tall as the Empire State building, and Asians are usually very stingy with spending money....unless they have an extra 3 million dollars left at their disposal.

Sun May 16, 2010 12:38 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

you guys realice i was only joking =/

but it looks like i went a bit off topic there

anyway, i saw the news at sankakucomplex.
and they did a gumdum statue, why not an EVA statue

Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 pm