HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 pm

Building the ZOEOA site 

Build ZOEOA site, or post news here?
Poll ended at Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:58 pm
Build it! It's nice to have the ZOEOA news in one neat place. 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
No don't build it. Do the news here. After all, ZOEOA is a ZOE fan project, so why not host it in the fanbase. 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 6

Building the ZOEOA site 
Inhert

Inhert

Post Building the ZOEOA site
Should it be done?

So far, i've noticed ZOEOA has brought some more popularity to ZOETUS and increased the user-count.
If an independent ZOEOA website was built, I'm afraid the activity here will resume the slow pace =\

Also, I really love this site since it's a solid fanbase.0

Still, I'll leave the final descision to you guys..
SO here's a poll, should I build it? Or continue delivering weekly news on here?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:58 pm
Spider

Spider

Post Re: Building the ZOEOA site
Let's put it this way: Nothing will get anywhere without advertisement. Ever.
Find a big Mecha community (yes, not just ZOE) and advertise there. Post on Reddit. Put more vids on YouTube.
Only then would having a dedicated site be beneficial.

Quote:
so why not host it in the fanbase.

Seriously? There's barely a handful of us here.

the doubts of the mind vanish
reason itself rests in silence
and the law of the cosmos works no more"

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:55 am
Seeker

Seeker

Marduk wrote:
Let's put it this way: Nothing will get anywhere without advertisement. Ever.
Find a big Mecha community (yes, not just ZOE) and advertise there. Post on Reddit. Put more vids on YouTube.

Absolutely agree. It's important to get your product out there. Take what Marduk said and run with it.

Marduk wrote:
Only then would having a dedicated site be beneficial.

This is where, unfortunately, I see a problem with your statement Marduk. It's important for any marketting campaign to have a grounding source of information AS SOON AS content is established. Personally, due to a lack of a dedicated website/thread/what-have-you, I myself was interested in ZOE:OA when I initially came to the site, but felt it was this project that was perpetually "in-development" and had to do a Google search simply to find out what the abbreviation stoof for. (i.e. "Oh, yeah, it's that fangame being developed, or finished, I dunno" is not the reaction you want)

If you have a functioning version of this game up and running, it's important (as I said before) to have a centralized source of information where interested fans can come to read-up on, preview and download the game. This also makes it simple to be confident that your target audience will be getting the most up-to-date patches, and removes the concept of stalling to make "a Perfect Game" from the field. If you want people to be interested in the game, you need to establish a site where it "lives" which will serve as a centralizing point to serve your fanbase and show them you are in-fact serious about the game's development.

Zone of the Enders X Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:13 am
Inhert

Inhert

Well here's the plan. ZOEOA will come out at 90% completion and will purposely have room for improvement.

For example, to obtain the graphics patch, you will need to download it from its home site(btw, the new graphics enhancement patch is already available upon request).

The patches will each contain huge chunks of new content such as custom ZOE music packs, custom sound packs, and custom effects for those of us who preffer realism over anime.
Honestly, I like this little "personal touch" since it allows users to warp their game into their desired/preffered image, rather than settling for the content provided.
THIS is my new concept that I'm experimenting with to increase replayability.

However, I am indeed taking your advice on the ZOEOA site, and I will begin working on it immediately.
A download database doesn't sound like a half-bad idea! :D

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:19 pm