HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:52 am

Dolores from I DOLO 

Post Dolores from I DOLO
this might seem really stupid to ask but see im a huge fan of the series and recently found the movie IDOLO so i brought it and then rembered the series called ZOE dolores does the ai in that series have anything to do with IDOLO please tell me if you can

Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:17 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

Post Re: Dolores from I DOLO
Of course it has something to do with it. All of the released ZOE anime material is canon, as of now. The timeline goes something like this;

2167 - Idolo
2172 - Dolores, i (1-12)
2172 - Zone of the Enders
2172 - Dolores, i (13-26)
2173 - Fist of Mars
2174 - 2nd Runner

Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:58 am
Metatron

Metatron

Sol wrote:
Of course it has something to do with it. All of the released ZOE anime material is canon, as of now. The timeline goes something like this;

2167 - Idolo
2172 - Dolores, i (1-12)
2172 - Zone of the Enders
2172 - Dolores, i (13-26)

2173 - Fist of Mars
2174 - 2nd Runner

Is that true? I used to think all of Dolores,i was in 2173, after ZOE1. Then again, I haven't sat down and watched it.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:50 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

Yea. The general consensus is that...

<spoilers>

...at the end of Episode 12, the protagonist are traveling Mars' desert, and during that time the events of ZOE play out, and at the beginning of episode 13, there's a giant gathering of personal, civilians, and military, having a "celebration" of what just transpired at Antilia.

EDIT: I'm actually watching it in it's entirety for the first time, myself. Episode 16 just showed Colonel "Norman" (obviously a flub of Nohman) piloting Anubis, and kind of showing it of to some of the antagonist of Dolores, i.

Which brings me to a gripe I have, which is the inconsistencies between Dolores, i, and the video games. For instance Anubis resembles his game appearances, but there's too many places where it differs (minor, but still a peeve I'm having), and Nohman looks entirely different. It's like SUNRISE and Konami (specifically, Shinkawa) didn't work as closely together as they should. I do realize Nohman's design probably wasn't set in stone at this point, but still.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:14 am
Metatron

Metatron

AHAHAHAHAHA I SAW THAT EP

That was one of the only episodes of that show I watched. Nohman looks and sounds hilarious.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:16 pm
Clod

Clod

About Nohman's appearance; In the games, we don't see him until ZOE2, by which point he's suffered the effects of 2 or so years of metatron contamination. At least that is a theory, I don't remember exactly where I came across that information. But I mean he does look pretty peculiar what with this skin/hair being white and his facial features around the eyes and nose looking somewhat distorted. It's obvious that he has already been "posessed" by the "will of metatron" at this point, He refers to himself as merely a pawn at one point, emphasising this fact.
Given that when he appears in Dolores, i he has only just acquired Anubis, I think it would be quite reasonable for him to look pretty much normal at that point in time, since he is not under the effects of Metatron contamination/posession at that time.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:58 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

In the anime series, you only got to see Nohman like once or twice...and his skin wasn't pale white then either. In ZOE2 his skin goes pale white.

Also, Anubis (piloted by Nohman) appeared in Dolores a few times too (it was a rare moment when it did); for example, towards the end of the series when Radium is trying to get to the catapult or something, Anubis appears from nowhere blocking Radium's way...flips his staff and then vanishes (upon appearance, Radium says something about Anubis/Nohman getting in his way). What was that??

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Post Re: Dolores from IDOLO
When Nohman appears before Radium at the end i think that was just to show him that he's not afraid of him and Hathor. He's showing him that he would go against him with Anubis if he wanted to. It was probably meant to antagonise Radium more than anything. You can tell Radium is visibly worried when Anubis appears and this was exactly what Nohman wanted, he probably disliked Radium because of what happened with Viola. She adored Radium but he dint return the feeling, and we know that Nohman cared for Vioal alot.

But by this point he only cares about project Aumann anyway and is just leaving Radium to get on with his plan to destroy the orbital elevator. He probably knows Radium's plan will fail so isn't worried about it getting in the way of Aumaan. He said earlier on in the series that he wasn't getting involved as he didn't want to back General Rutger and was taking Anubis for himself, so he could use it for Aumaan.

Also, Fist Of Mars sheds some light on how Nohman took control of BAHRAM after the events of dolores i. Theres a cutscene where Amante(an agent of BAHRAM) tells Lance Jimmer(a BAHRAM officer) that the BAHRAM higher-ups have chosen Nohman to take control of BAHRAM rather than Lance; who wanted the job.
Lance seems to hate Nohman due to the fact that Nohman only got where he was due to his father's position in BAHRAM.
Theres also a scene at the end where Amante is revealed to be speaking to Nohman but I can't quite remember what they said. Leo is mentioned though.
Nohman's only ever referred to as 'Ridley' throughout the game though.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:04 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Excellent analysis! :D Never could think of something for this.

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:25 am
Manta

Manta

Post Re: Dolores from IDOLO
Nohman wrote:
When Nohman appears before Radium at the end i think that was just to show him that he's not afraid of him and Hathor. He's showing him that he would go against him with Anubis if he wanted to. It was probably meant to antagonise Radium more than anything. You can tell Radium is visibly worried when Anubis appears and this was exactly what Nohman wanted, he probably disliked Radium because of what happened with Viola. She adored Radium but he dint return the feeling, and we know that Nohman cared for Vioal alot.

But by this point he only cares about project Aumann anyway and is just leaving Radium to get on with his plan to destroy the orbital elevator. He probably knows Radium's plan will fail so isn't worried about it getting in the way of Aumaan. He said earlier on in the series that he wasn't getting involved as he didn't want to back General Rutger and was taking Anubis for himself, so he could use it for Aumaan.

Also, Fist Of Mars sheds some light on how Nohman took control of BAHRAM after the events of dolores i. Theres a cutscene where Amante(an agent of BAHRAM) tells Lance Jimmer(a BAHRAM officer) that the BAHRAM higher-ups have chosen Nohman to take control of BAHRAM rather than Lance; who wanted the job.
Lance seems to hate Nohman due to the fact that Nohman only got where he was due to his father's position in BAHRAM.
Theres also a scene at the end where Amante is revealed to be speaking to Nohman but I can't quite remember what they said. Leo is mentioned though.
Nohman's only ever referred to as 'Ridley' throughout the game though.

Holyshit there are actually people who analyze ZOE2 story? I read that and all I got was NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN loves AUMANN but NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN NOHMAN hates BAHRAM

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:18 am