HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:36 am

ZOE3 in 2012? 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post ZOE3 in 2012?
How many of you think that ZOE3 will be announced in 2012? Let's have a record of our predictions then come back a year from now.

I'm going to say that ZOE3 will not be announced in 2012

Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:14 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Post Re: ZOE3 in 2012?
Not only will it NOT be announced in 2012, when Kojima is asked, all he'll say is "It'll happen someday" or some variation.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm
Inhert

Inhert

ZOE 3:

Hideo you are a liar and have no initiative.
Give the game to another company and I will bet money that they will make it into a better game than you WITHOUT milking it into 5 sequels.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:31 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Y'know, Hideo's problem is, despite his desire over the years to make another ZOE, I don't think he's cared as much about ZOE than he has even Snatcher, or Policenauts. I think as far as series he's created, Kojima probably feels that ZOE is on the bottom of the list.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:03 pm
Metatron

Metatron

If ZOE1 & 2 HD weren't coming out this year I'd say oh hell no, definitely hell no. But after thinking about it, I'd say... no. No, they won't get started on ZOE3 this year. Even if ZOE HD sells well.

Look at how we've been fed the same thing year after year about a ZOE3. I honestly don't see it happening this year. Instead I expect some new IP using the Fox Engine or another Metal Gear prequel/sequel/spinoff.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 pm
Inhert

Inhert

ADA wrote:
If ZOE1 & 2 HD weren't coming out this year I'd say oh hell no, definitely hell no. But after thinking about it, I'd say... no. No, they won't get started on ZOE3 this year. Even if ZOE HD sells well.

Look at how we've been fed the same thing year after year about a ZOE3. I honestly don't see it happening this year. Instead I expect some new IP using the Fox Engine or another Metal Gear prequel/sequel/spinoff.

Should we have a petition to have Hideo Kojima hand over the game to another company like Ubisoft to handle it?

Ubisoft seems to be very good with mecha and blades.
Armored Core is usually a game series of "dodo robots" since they can barely fly for more than 15 seconds without running out of power.

Yet in Armored Core 4-Answer, Ubisoft turned AC into an air-combat based game with excellent blade controls and great stunning graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnoxOS2y ... re=related

^-- Tell me if you see any orbital frames in this clip?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 am
Inhert

Inhert

Oh and check this out to see the huge bossfights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19rzJ29LyJM

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:12 am
Metatron

Metatron

You mean From Software? Honestly I wouldn't want some third party like them or Platinum handling ZOE, KP should do it in-house. Besides, I think it'd be insulting for them to go "oh we'll just hand it to someone else" after all this time. They know ZOE best and I don't think anyone but KP should be developing it.

Though with the limited staff I suppose there aren't a lot of options available at the moment.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:33 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

KojiPro knows Metal Gear best, too, but they've passed that onto Platinumgames. I think Platinum would do great with a ZOE game.

Last edited by Bandage131 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:06 am
Zakat

Zakat

If they announce ZoE3, it'll only be if ZoE HD sells well. And ZoE HD will release when? At the end of 2012, right? So I think you see where I'm going.

Personally, I have no beef with Kojima and him always telling us "one day, one day, etc". Just look at it this way: KP's staff isn't unlimited and, SURPRISE, they're a company. Companies focus on making money. The consumers demanded Metal Gear Solid, so KP gave them MGS. Not to mention KP is one of Konami's subsidiaries, which means they also have to meet the parent's demands. I have no doubts Kojima would've done something with ZoE and Snatcher if he had the availability for it. Besides, I'd rather wait and get a good game after they were done with MGS than getting a shitty game which would send the franchise plummeting down into the precipice of oblivion.

Of course, I'd have no problem if it was Platinum Games or something like that taking care of ZoE3, but I'm still pretty sure we won't have any news on that until ZoE HD hits the shelves and they check how it sells. Let's face it -- if it doesn't sell well enough, will another like Platinum Games even bother risk it? I don't think so.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:38 am