HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Amante 
Manta

Manta

Post Amante
So she's an agent of BAHRAM...and she was speaking with Nohman at the end of the game?

Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:57 pm
Raptor

Raptor

Post Re: Amante
Umm no well she is undercover for the good guys =D

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:50 am
Manta

Manta

Post Re: Amante
No she was talking to Nohman at the end of the game. In Zone of the Enders 2, Ken mentioned that Nohman's actual name is Ridley. Amante's last words at the end of her conversation were "oh, and Ridley..."

I believe this implies that she was an agent working for Nohman all along. Ken mentioned that several events convinced the heads of BAHRAM to go full force against the UNSF and take over Mars. AKA no more terrorism and resistance movements, go to war with Earth. Even though Orbital Frames like the Zakat gave BAHRAM the ability to devastate the Space Force, it would risk serious collateral damage to Mars which would be a major set back to terraforming.

My guess is that there were many factions in BAHRAM that were reluctant about to move to full war because of this concern. They want the Space Force out but they don't want to destroy Mars in the process. They were probably hoping that they could eventually intimidate the Space Force into submission with the completion of the Aumaan Project (thinking of it as how Ken described it, pointless to fight if it was completed).

Then we have the Space Force capturing the base in Antillia and getting away with Jehuty after BAHRAM took it back. The events of Dolores (the attack on the Orbital Elevator I believe, I haven't seen the show). And finally the events of Testament, the revelation of the Animus Project made the fear of Earth-made OFs a possibility (think when Russia made Atomic Bomb). Then there was the incident of the Marlblanke, a super weapon/possible suicide bomb that could cause a catastrophic amount of damage. All of these events convinced BAHRAM that open war is the best option. Earth would not be intimidated by just acts of terror or super weapons a superior show of force would be needed in open war. If they completed Aumaan but Mars was still occupied...that would be worse than Zakat.

The longer they waited the more time the Space Force had to undermine the Aumaan or develop their own OF technology and take away BAHRAM's advantage. But if they were to go to open war and wipe out the main Space Force Deployment on Mars it would only be a war of attrition as Aumaan would be completed before Earth could launch a powerful counter strike...energy costs of the Catapault and the distance between Earth and Mars would make June of 2174 (or 2175...I forget :P) the only time they could launch a superior force.

TL;DR So basically this game and Dolores were setting up for Zone of the Enders 2. Amante set up Jimmers and Vale to help Nohman further his own agenda and capture Mars using the Zakat. Is there any evidence otherwise?

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:14 pm