HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 am

Official 2173 Site Gone? (Resolved) 
Metatron

Metatron

Post Official 2173 Site Gone? (Resolved)

Anyone remember this? The award for the first official ZOE site to go down goes to 2173 Testament! Go there and it now just redirects to the KP site.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/zoe_gba/

2001-2013 RIP

Additionally, the official Dolores,i site might also be leaving us soon. Page is riddled with broken images. More goodbyes imminent?

EDIT: The site is back, although with a different URL.

The new URL is http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/testament/

Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post Re: Official Site Gone
:o

Can't say I'm surprised really. After all, we are talking about an old obscure GBA game that most people probably never played. Not even Nintendo has Gameboy on it's website anymore.

There are websites for both of the PS2 games right? And what about the HD Collection? I'd be a little more surprised if any of that was taken down.

Edit: Turns out, Nintendo does actually have some GBA stuff online, but you have to search for it. And even then it's mostly just Support information, and doesn't list any GBA games besides the ones that are on the 3DS.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:41 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Hell, I was surprised Fist of Mars had a website. I've been there once, and if I remember correctly, wasn't the majority of the information just transcripts of the mech/character/terminology references in the game's options menu? There may have been a timeline, but I don't really remember.

I think all the "The Story Between ZOE1 and ZOE2" stuff from the ZOE2 website should be on ZOETUS somewhere, because that stuff's good, and once the official site's taken down, we won't have it anymore.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:19 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Logbook of Atlantis Part 1

On board the Atlantis 2173.1.17 20:17 (from Celvice Klein's memoirs)

It's been 3 weeks since the Antilia Raid.
The Atlantis has escaped the chase of BAHRAM and is now hiding near Jupiter's satellite Callisto.
According to Elena, Urenbeck Catapults in Jupiter's range have been shut down by BAHRAM's invasion units.
The people on Atlantis cannot make up their mind between raiding a catapult and forcibly opening a route to Mars and slowly but steadily flying through normal space from the asteroid belt to Mars.
Mariko and Siluella seem to trust Co-captain Elena and wait for her decision. Mr. Thunderheart said in rage that they should take over the catapult on Callisto and fly directly to Mars.

Leo has been getting a lot of pilot training aggressively, sitting in the simulator all day long. Something has changed within him that incident. He keeps on saying, "I've gotta become tougher." I am worried that one day he might go to war again.

I am also worried about those left on Antilia.
The news said that casualties were not that many. Are my friends safe?

I want to go back to Antilia as soon as possible.

Excerpts from the Atlantis logbook: 2173.1.18 Co-captain Elena Weinberg

We have been surrounded by BAHRAM and are confined within Jupiter's range.

Taking over the catapult on Callisto cannot be done with the V2 LEVs on this ship.
The job would be easier if we used Jehuty. However, doing so will result in the resonance reaction with Anubis.
The enemy will be able to detect us, and we want to avoid that.

Given all this, what we are forced to do is get to the asteroid belt (although this takes a lot of time) and use the catapult at the asteroid belt base and fly to Mars.
I will have the military post research team examine Jehuty. If research progresses, I'm sure findings will lead to advancements of weaponry for our V2.
I must finalize the navigation route tonight and report to the captain tomorrow and leave immediately.

Upon his own request, I have appointed Leo Stenbuck "special task corporal." He has been registered as the pilot of V2 #2.
Official training will begin tomorrow under the supervison of Master Sergeant Thunderheart.

Excerpts from the V2 simulation battle report (as of 2173.2.14)

V2 #1 pilot: Rock Thunderheart
V2 #2 pilot: Leo Stenbuck

V2 #1: 7wins, 12 losses
V2 #2: 12 wins, 27 losses

From the Antlantis clinic journal: 2173.4.6 by Mariko Owen

Again treated the wounds of Rock Thunderheart and Leo Stenbuck.
They supposedly got into a fight in the cafeteria. Neither spoke of how the fight started.
They seem to get along, but they never go easy on each other.

From the activation log of Jehuty's on-board independent battle support unit ADA: 2173.10.27 02:09

"ADA, are you awake?"

Canceling Idle Mode.
What are you doing at this time of the day?
I have not confirmed any input for the past hour since you got on board.

"I feel comfortable here... I guess."

We will arrive at the asteroid belt base tomorrow.
I assume you will be assigned many tasks. I advise you to get adequate amounts of sleep.

"That's why I'm here."

I do not comprehend.

"Ha ha... You never change."

I detect motion reactions inside the hangar.

"Leo? I knew you were here."
"Celvice."
"I just wanted to thank you once again. Can I climb up in there?"
"Yeah, sure. It's dark. Be careful. You don't mind ADA, do you?"

I do not comprehend the dialogue or the question.
Do as you wish. This frame is designed to seat only one runner, though.

Excerpts from the V2 simulation battle report (as of 2173.10.27)

V2 #1 pilot: Rock Thunderheart
V2 #2 pilot: Leo Stenbuck

V2 #1: 2 wins, 38 losses
V2 #2: 38 wins, 2 losse

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:32 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Logbook of Atlantis Part 2

On board the Atlantis: 2173.12.9 3:45 (excerpts from the video mail from Leo Stenbuck to Celvice Klein)

The list of casualties on Antilia included Dad's name.
According to a survivor who hid in a shelter, a man who left the shelter saying "My son must be near the factories." never came back. Dad went looking for me and died.
I couldn't save my friends. I couldn't save Dad.
I don't know if I'm saying this right, but...this is why I did not send Jehuty to Mars.
When I set Jehuty at the asteroid belt Urenbeck Catapult... when Thunder died... I...

Excerpts from the Atlantis logbook: 2173.10.29 Co-captain Elena Weinberg

After 9 months of traveling, we have arrived at the 3rd Base on Ceres which sits between Jupiter and Mars.
We handed Jehuty over to the research team.
While traveling, I was worried that BAHRAM would start a military uprising on Mars. So far I have not heard of such actions yet.
If I were to think optimistically, I guess they do not intend to do anything major until they obtain Jehuty.
But BAHRAM's got Anubis. At any rate, their starting a war is just a matter of time.
After basic investigations are completed, we will transport Jehuty to the Urenbeck Catapult and send it to Mars.
After Division 8 finishes taking out the necessary data, we plan to destroy Jehuty which still is a dangerous element.

On board the Atlantis 2173.12.5 20:04@(from Celvice Klein's memoirs)

It's been a month since we arrived at the 3rd Base on Ceres.
According to Siluella, a BAHRAM patrol unit is approaching this base.
The people on the base are preparing in case the base is discovered. Thunder laughingly says that he will take them down with his V2. I was not laughing when he said that.
Leo is preparing to pilot the V2 along with the other people on the base. Why?
After going through such horrifying moments on Antilia, why would Leo want to fight again?

From the Antlantis clinic journal: 2173.12.6 by Mariko Owen
People are busier on the ship preparing for battle. Thunderheart made an unexpected appearance today for the first time in a while. He said he slammed the hatch on his finger. When I said, " You seem to be getting along with Leo lately," he seemed very happy and said, "Leo is going to make one hell of a pilot!."

Excerpts from the Atlantis logbook: 2173.12.7 Co-captain Elena Weinberg

BAHRAM's unmanned frames seemed to have been flying in irregular patterns until recently when they started flying straight toward the 3rd Base. They have found us. Battle is inevitable. We have 84 LEVs including those at the 2nd Base. The Atlantis has two V2s. The enemy unit consists of about 100 frames. Our force consists mainly of LEVs. The cannons of this base and Antlantis' firepower will not be of much assistance. Our chances of making it are slim. I've also been informed that there was some action on Mars. The worst did not happen, but Code .Ąhas been destroyed completely. Division 8 is pretty much out of action as well.
These factors have led to our changing our mission plans in today's meeting. We will gather most of our forces at this base, lure the enemy here, and in the meantime have Thunder and Leo on their V2s carry the container with Jehuty. The container will be shot out from the Urenbeck Catapult to Mars before us. The container will arrive at Mars along with other cargo and will be dismantled secretly in a civilian factory.
We cannot do without Leo in this mission. However, I don't think we should tell him the real reason for sending Jehuty to Mars. That thing seems to mean so much to him.

On board the Atlantis: 2173.12.9 3:45 (excerpts from the video mail from Leo Stenbuck to Celvice Klein)

It was 30 more minutes till shooting out Jehuty from the Urenbeck Catapult to Mars. I have heard from Thunder that they were going to take Jehuty apart.
Battle has already begun at the base. BAHRAM's unmanned frames have made it to the catapult as well. Thunder told me to stay inside and went outside the catapult. I was going to fight them, but there simply were to many of them.

Jehuty... ADA will sacrifice herself when she gets to Mars and destroy BAHRAM's military fortress Aumaan.
If ADA does not do the job, Elena's people in the UN Space Force will take Jehuty apart.
Jehuty must not go to Mars.
I successfully changed the trajectory angle of the catapult. If BAHRAM were to search for Jehuty, they would have to go after the weak Metatron reaction. Then, all I have to do is hide Jehuty within Metatron.

...Celvice.
I am going to fight because I have so much that I do not want to lose.
My friends on Antilia, Thunder, and Dad... if fighting can save them...
I hope you make it back to Antilia safely.
Don't worry. The V2 is strong. I'm sure I can fight those Orbital Frames.
I will stop Aumaan if I had to do it alone.
I will do so with this Vic Viper.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:34 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Callisto

Unlike yesterday and the preceding days of tremendous blizzards, today is one hell of a sunny day.

"The Antilia Colony is a hub port constructed by NUT near Jupiter for the 'rural development.' Thanks to the recycling system enabled by NUT's technology, Antilia is virtually self-sustaining -- it does not require shipments of raw materials from Earth or Mars."
Standing right next to the wall of a cafeteria filled with chatting LEV pilots is a reporter in his out-of-place suit talking at the TV camera. "And here on Callisto, Jupiter's 8th satellite, miners collect ice to secure the water supply of Antilia. In the 20th Century, it was said that approximately 40% of humans on Earth struggled daily to secure water supplies. In this space age, virtually 100% of --"
The cafeteria was quite packed with ice mining laborers during lunchtime. There is this open space around the lady with the microphone and the cameraman, creating a population imbalance in the room. The laborers in their mining suits never look at the wall but make sure they are listening to the reporter while standing in line for food. Although Angie seems to be eating stew in the seat in front of Dingo, there is something unnatural about how she is behaving.

Among the group is one guy who seemed a little irritated. The only person in the room who had no clue of what the lady was doing in the cafeteria seems to be Dingo. Instead of poking at the big heap of carrots, Dingo lifted his fork and pointed at the wall.
"Who the hell are they?"
After moving her eyeballs in a circle while gazing at the ceiling, Angie grabbed Dingo's hand and lowered his arm.
"Weren't you listening to the announcements in the morning? The PR people from our headquarters are visiting. They told us to behave."
"Oh, that announcement."
"Yeah, right. You probably slept through it."
Dingo made one nasal sound and turned his back toward the wall as if he lost interest.
"Why would they spend 2 months just to fly over to this middle-of-nowhere hellhole?"
"Because it's the 25th anniversary of the colonization of Antilia. Our headquarters want to make a big deal out of it.
It's about time for some celebrating. Our scars from the incident 2 years ago have finally healed."
"B*ll sh*t. No one's gonna want to travel to this place, no matter what kind of advertising NUT does."

Two years ago, there was an incident on Antilia -- under the joint control of UCM (United Colonies of Mars) and the UNSF (United Nations Space Force) in which the UNSF took over Martian firm NUT's research facility area using militaristic means. A month later, Vascilia County -- one of the Martian counties that were opposed to the actions of the UNSF -- sent its military for "the liberation of the colony." This was the first time gigantic humanoid weapons called Orbital Frames -- much more powerful than the conventional military LEVs -- were used in real battle. The battle itself was a quick and easy one for Vascilia County. The UNSF, suffering a major loss, retreated from Antilia. Since the colony suffered substantial damage during battle, immigration plans from Mars had to undergo major changes. There were rumors that the reason why Vascilia sent in their liberation force was because they were backed up by NUT headquarters. But as a result, the contrary to the hopes of NUT happened. People looked at the vicinity of Jupiter not as a frontier of hope but instead a dangerous conflict zone.
"I wouldn't go that far. Actually, there are a bunch of newcomers from Mars and Earth's colonies."
Dingo made another nasal sound to show that he wasn't happy to be proven wrong. Sports programming provided from Mars included a lot of immigration ads by NUT. There probably is a campaign going on on Mars. True, there are more laborers coming in lately. Dingo knew that many of the faces in the cafeteria, he did not recognize. But it is also true that many return to their homes even before Dingo had the chance to remember their faces. Callisto, with its unwelcoming extra cold climate and floating debris (wreckage) from the incident 2 years ago constantly falling onto the surface, was not exactly "home sweet home." Dingo himself had been busier dealing with debris than mining ice. Who would want to deal with debris? Miners who have to meet their quota have better things to do than deal with debris. Moreover, it is quite dangerous stuff. With a high accident rate, Callisto was in no way "a frontier of hope."

"Oh my..." Dingo looks up to Angie's voice. The cameraman and report have begun interviewing the laborers while they ate. A laborer, obviously not used to being interviewed in front of a camera, recited his name and registration number and clumsily answered the reporter's questions. Dingo happened to catch the eyes of the cameraman who was looking for the next interviewee. Dingo gulped down the rest of his meal and drank his drink. The reporter approaches, winding through the laborers.
"How does my hair look? Do I look OK?"
Angie starts fixing her hair. Dingo stood up and wore his mining suit. He looks down upon Angie and messes her hair up with his hand.
"Hey! What do you think you're doing!?"
"I'm heading back to the ship."
"What? Let's get interviewed together.!
"Meeting my quota is more important to me."
"Dingo, you're the one who slept over and lost time to get the job done."
While fixing her hair again, Angie looked up at Dingo and let out a big sigh.
"You're really one moody child."
Angie stood up and gave a stare at Dingo who was smiling in an unpleasant way. As Angie returned her tray, Dingo was alreay about to disappear into the route to the dock.
"There's supposedly a lot of debris today. Be careful."

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:35 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Thank you. Now, post the pictures as well.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:48 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Eh, that copy and paste is all you're gonna get out of me. I'm too lazy, ha ha. :lol:

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Y'know, if all the official sites suddenly go down, it won't be long until ZOETUS is the only ZOE site.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:32 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Give it a couple years and I bet that will end up happening. I wonder if there are any Snatcher or Policenauts websites around; I doubt there are any that get as much traffic as even ZOETUS.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:28 pm