HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:06 pm

Why wont you die? 
Mosquito

Mosquito

Post Why wont you die?
I really enjoyed Fist of Mars, but I felt it was pretty weak and lasted longer than it should of purely on the fatc it kept reviving characters that had "died". Its cool once or twice in a game, but ffs, there were like 8 returns in total.

Fri May 24, 2013 2:26 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

Post Re: Why wont you die?
That's because they didn't die... they have safety measures on the OF's where the cockpit is ejected before the OF explodes. But on some occasions they just don't have the rejection system, or it just jams which is when they usually died.

Regards,
Caldera

Fri May 24, 2013 2:27 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

I'm aware of that, but its highly annoying for a particular character to return 3 or 4 times within a story, it just reeks of "we ran out of ideas"

Fri May 24, 2013 2:27 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

RivaOni wrote:
I'm aware of that, but its highly annoying for a particular character to return 3 or 4 times within a story, it just reeks of "we ran out of ideas"

Well actually it's not like that at all. If there would have not been those safety measures at all we would have new characters in almost every scene.

This would also mean that no plot line would have been possinly built when the organisations loses their CO's in each battle because their safety measures would not work, or weren't there at all.

This would mean that we would see each villain once and that's it.... how are you supposed to build a plot if all of your characters die?

Besides... there's nothing odd, or even peculiar about it. Even today fighter jets and other has similar safety measures and their operators hardly dies unless the vehicle is demolished before they manage to bail out.

So all in all it would be more stupid if they did not reappear again and again.

Regards,
Caldera

Fri May 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

I dont nessacerily mean everytime you defeat them in a scenario, like when you beat them and they give a bit of a ran and evacuate, I mean when they do the whole screaming and everyone believes them to be dead, only for them to return.

The only ones that weren't so annoying with it were Ned who had his brain put in an OF and Ares who was being experimented on. My main gripe was with Bolozof!

Fri May 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Inhert

Inhert

ZOETUS, alive again? How is this happening? :'D

Gosh i missed this.

Fri May 24, 2013 7:12 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
If they kept dying in the first chapter they were fought in, then they'd never grow as characters. Plus, Cage specifically says not to hit the cockpit, so there's your explanation as to why they don't die.

Sat May 25, 2013 6:19 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Oh man, I remember playing through this game years ago. I hardly remember any of these fake deaths. I think Ares had one, right?

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:35 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
VicViper_Leo wrote:
Oh man, I remember playing through this game years ago. I hardly remember any of these fake deaths. I think Ares had one, right?

Actually, I think he had two.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:20 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Bandage131 wrote:
VicViper_Leo wrote:

Actually, I think he had two.

Really?! Two fake deaths in one game? I can't tell if that is as bad as how Big Boss dies twice in the Metal Gear series before being revived and promptly killed again like five minutes later at the end of MGS4.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:27 pm