HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner on PC emulator (PCSX2) 
Scanner

Scanner

Post Re: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner on PC emulator (PCSX2)
I have a new graphic card, MSi R6950 Twin Frozr II and it ran ZOE2 at excellent frames, but I don't always get 60 fps. Based on my testing, I'm CPU limited with my Core 2 E6300 1.86Ghz (stock) overclocked to 3.73Ghz. This CPU only have 2MB Cache with is pretty low and it still needs other improvement in other areas within the CPU that the newer Core 2 series has.

I'm planning on making a video of my pc running this game using PCSX2 and record with my external HD webcam via notebook. I think you guys would like to see the Japanese version instead, huh?

Edit: Currently uploading to youtube ;) the size is 1.13GB and length is 21 minutes. 720p recording but the gameplay resolution is 1360 x 768 res. Come back in another 8 hours or so lol...Youtube have to process it first once uploaded, after that you guys would still need to wait for the HD version...

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:52 pm
Scanner

Scanner

Here it is guys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_XnIPaMdrc I split it into 2 parts and they're in HD resolution (720p). Tonight, I will upload part 2.

I still get about the same fps if i run the game at 1080p (1920 x 1080) so that made me came to the conclusion that I'm very CPU limited with this game, this is by far the most demanding game I've tested with the pcsx2 emulator. If you don't believe me, go ahead and give it a try ;)

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:56 pm
Clod

Clod

Last time I tried emulating ZOE 2 it was perfect until a Raptor shows up on screen.
A screenfull of the little flying things I forget the name of it dealt with fine, but as soon as a raptor was on screen it had a heart attack.
Shame really.
And thats running the PAL Spec ed game, which is supposed to have better performance.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:53 am
Scanner

Scanner

Running the game in its native resolution did not help me get 60+ fps in the areas where fps are really slow. This game is the king of king as the number 1 most demanding game on pcsx2. Check out this guy post from pcsx2 forums:

Quote:
Hello,
I think I read all threads about ZOE 2, but I still have some questions about it: Is someone able to run it at full speed in boss fights ? I have a "good" computer, and ZOE 2 is one of the only games I can't play at full speed. I know it means nothing, and I know it's a very demanding game, that's why I ask if someone can run it at full speed^^.

I7 920 @ 4 ghz
HD 5870
6go RAM
Win 7

I tried 0.9.6 and beta 0.9.7 with 3113 svn, but there is no real difference. Same with speedhacks. I tried to play with native resolution, nothing different. Is there a way to configure it ? Or is my computer just not good enough ?
Thanks you !

Maybe if he had a Sandy Bridge CPU @4Ghz and at least a HD 6950 there's a chance that this game may run at a stable 60 fps or more! I also read that this game use more than 1GB of vRam (graphic or video memory/ram). lol This is more than most pc games...

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:00 am
Spider

Spider

Are you running this through a DX10/11 plugin? Also what revision of PCSX2 is this?
The speed is good considering the slowdown PCSX2 usually experiences with particle effect heavy games, but the sound emulation is suffering pretty badly...have you tried desyching the sound emulation? It can cause some slight issues during cutscenes but it would probbably get rid of the lag you experience with audio-effects, that or try a different method for calculating the max FPS (ie manual based on game region or an alt-FPS calculator like ePSXe has).

I tried running my copy of ZOE2 on PCSX2 and it was one of the few games I just couldn't quite tweak to work reliably. It always seems to be either sound or video rate that suffers,

Edit: Your comment about the V-RAM nessecary is partially true, keep in mind that the rule of thumb with emulation is that the emulationg processor needs to be almost 8x the capacity of the original as you have to completley rebuild and reinterpret the native processors instruction set and translate those to roughly equivalant instructions on the newer CPU. So the V-RAM needs aren't what they were on the PS2, they're significantly more because of the emulation process.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm
Scanner

Scanner

@Raziel Paragorne

All the information you asked is all listed on the info or details area below the video. Here's the copy and paste info:

Quote:
PC Specs:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86Ghz overclocked @3.73Ghz (101% overclocked! xD)
- MSi R6950 Twin Frozr II 810/1250 (stock)
- G.Skill Trident Ram 2x2GB (4GB)

PCSX2 r4287:
- GSDX rev.4288 Direct3D11 hardware 1360 x 768 resolution used
- No speed hacks or game fixes were used
- PS3 DualShock3 controller via bluetooth adapter with MotionInJoy program and driver.

The sound issue that you're hearing is actually the fault of the web cam. Sounds output usually don't get capture very well via web cam. Maybe a camcorder could a better job at this. When playing the game, the sounds are perfect, but if you're not playing at 60 fps (normal speed of the PS2 console) then everything will be slower. So, if you're running the game at 30 fps then everything will be slowed down by half, even the sounds. And that's half the speed of the how games normally run at.

This video is old and slower than what I got with my newer CPU, and that is the Q9400S running at 3.73GHz the same speed as my overclocked Core 2 Duo E6300 at 3.73GHz. However, on average it gave me 5 - 10 fps more than the E6300. In the extreme heavy load or slow down, I'd get an additional 5 fps and for the most part of the game it's running in the 40~50 fps, a lot smoother than before.

The sad news is that I no longer have the Q9400S because I refund and got something better, the Q9550 12MB of cache and a multiplier of 8.5 compared to the Q9400S which only has 6MB of cache and a multiplier of 8. So, I'm hoping I'd get betting overclock result from and the higher multiplier and better performance with the extra cache. Well, that the theory.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 am
Spider

Spider

That's possible, though personally I wouldn't overclock it as much as you posted earlier (+101%) just on a safety issue but if you're liquid cooling or using a high-end fan system then I suppose it's safe enough.

I'll have to try the latest revision of PCSX2 myself now, always wanted to get ZOE2 working fluently.
(looks over shoulder at PS2)
Oh wait, or I could play it on the PS2, heh.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:13 pm
Scanner

Scanner

You need raw speed from a 2nd generation Core i7 (code name Sandy Bridge) overclocked to 4+Ghz (4.5GHz to be exactly...) and AT LEAST a bare minimum of a GTX 460 to get your speed like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMVSRhTWlg

I talked to this dude at pcsx2 forums, and he said he still gets slow fps (first fight with Anubis) in the game even with those specs. I think the issue here is his graphics, it's not a high-end graphics card. I, on the other hand, have a high-end GPU AMD HD 6950, but I don't have a Core i7 Sandy Bridge CPU/system...

Pcsx2 offers features like save states, cheats, multi-memory cards, HD resolution (1920x1080p), 60+ fps, and many more. Games look a lot better on PCSX2 than the ps2 ;) Games like Final Fantasy X and XII is perfect on pcsx2 because you can go to battles/fights or zipping through town at a very fast pace 100+ fps. That will definitely save you times and complete the game faster.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 pm
Scanner

Scanner

Zoe 2 60+ fps with new hardware

- Asus P5Q Deluxe (rev. 1.03G)
- Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler
- Intel Q9550 2.83GHz @3.97GHz
- Nvidia GTX 570 880/2000 OC'ed
- G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 @1168MHz
- Corsair 1000w PSU

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PECd23vl2I
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEm091ZhePw

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:54 am
Inhert

Inhert

wow impressive! I wonder what's causing the ZOE fandom to spur back again :D

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:26 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next