HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:03 am

Changing ZOE 1 and 2's VAs in the HD collection? 
Manta

Manta

Post Changing ZOE 1 and 2's VAs in the HD collection?
Hey, I realize this may be the wrong forum to start this topic in but I have to know, are they going to replace the VAs in ZOE 1 and 2? I am hoping not since I am quite used to them and it just won't be the same without the original VAs, i.e. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKtsHcJOMI So yeah... ^^; I hope it doesn't end up being like that... D:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:16 am
Ardjet

Ardjet

Post Re: Changing ZOE 1 and 2's VAs in the HD collection?
the only ones who will care about a voice actor change is us

so i don't think it will matter much, i personally don't care

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:31 am
Spider

Spider

I guess it depends, it seems unlikely that they'd re-record everything if there was no need since it would be a waste of money. However if there are new or extended cut-scenes with new dialogue they would have to record new lines.

Seems easier to get the original actors back where possible though,

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:33 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

It would be nice if KP did, they would need the original actors for ZOE3, anyway.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:42 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
I doubt they'll change them. Look at the negative fan reaction the Silent Hill HD Collection got because of the change in voice actors. If they do it, they'll include the originals, too (just like in SHHD). I'd rather they bring the originals back to rerecord dialogue, fix a few things ("The train with the Orbital Frame is headed your way!" stands out as my most hated line in the series), maybe add a few things for connectivity with ZOE3.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 pm
Manta

Manta

Well I hope they just stick with the dialogue that was from the original ZOE 1 at the very least, many people hate/dislike the first ZOE but I myself still love it dearly. :) Safe to say I think if they are going to make new added scenes for ZOE 1 and 2 they should still stick with the original dialogue from the original titles and if they must correct a few things here and there but for the majority of it it would be best to just leave it as it was before, really. :/

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:39 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Well, ZOE1 had more coherent dialogue than ZOE2 (my aforementioned "train with the Orbital Frame" line). I don't see why they'd change ZOE1's dialogue at all unless they add some.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:19 pm
Manta

Manta

Bandage131 wrote:
Well, ZOE1 had more coherent dialogue than ZOE2 (my aforementioned "train with the Orbital Frame" line). I don't see why they'd change ZOE1's dialogue at all unless they add some.

I hope they don't cut any of the dialogue that was in ZOE 1 either, ZOE 2 though I wouldn't mind since I don't love it as much as I love ZOE 1 but of course I still care for it of course but i'm just saying is all. It would be nice if they could add in the L3/R3 comment options for ZOE 1 like you could do in ZOE 2 though, that would have some room for new dialogue but hopefully of the original VA(s) however.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Honestly, though, unless there's new dialogue in those 3-4 minutes of new animation, I doubt there'll be any dialogue changes.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:10 pm
Manta

Manta

Bandage131 wrote:
Honestly, though, unless there's new dialogue in those 3-4 minutes of new animation, I doubt there'll be any dialogue changes.

Well I sure hope that's the case then. :(

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:56 pm