HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 pm

Conspiracy! (Come, Metal Gear Players!) 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Post Conspiracy! (Come, Metal Gear Players!)
I was thinking of some disturbing comparisons to SOPA and the goals of the Patriots as outlined in MGS2.

SOPA: Censor the Internet
PATRIOTS: Censor the Internet
(there's all that bullshit about how they want to "create context", which the people who thought up SOPA probably feel that it would have done as well)

MGS4 introduced the Sons of the Patriots system, or SOP. Add an A on to that, what do you get? SOPA.

Sons of the Patriots Amendment - IT'S OBVIOUS!

Our government has truly been taken over by a real-life version of The Patriots, and they're here to tell us what will be recorded in tomorrow's history.

WE MUST FIGHT!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post Re: Conspiracy! (Come, Metal Gear Players!)
Yea, I remember the day when that big protest happened, The Snake Soup took some quotes from MGS2 and matched them with some politicians on the issue (even some who are against SOPA, strangely enough).

Once a bill that limits freedom gains national attention, it's no longer significant. It'll never pass. The important ones are the those that nobody protests and Congress passes in the middle of the night.

I really like Ron Paul on these types of issues (and he has a really good economic policy), but his foreign policy is a joke.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:10 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

VicViper_Leo wrote:
The important ones are the those that nobody protests and Congress passes in the middle of the night.

I don't know. I live in Indiana, and it seems they might pass the Right to Work bill here, even though half the state is protesting it.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:43 am
Inhert

Inhert

"IT'S CENSORGEAR! AND IT'S ALREADY ACTIVE!!!!"

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:51 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

helldiver450 wrote:
"IT'S CENSORGEAR! AND IT'S ALREADY ACTIVE!!!!"

Fucking brilliant.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:39 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Bandage131 wrote:
VicViper_Leo wrote:
The important ones are the those that nobody protests and Congress passes in the middle of the night.

I don't know. I live in Indiana, and it seems they might pass the Right to Work bill here, even though half the state is protesting it.

Well, I was referring to things like the Defense Reauthorization law, which included a provision that, I believe, the president requested that involved detaining American citizens without due process (then claimed to have "reservations" about it). While the nightime part was just a joke, laws like this limit freedom and nobody stops it. Very frustrating.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:55 pm