HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 pm

Kojima Set To Announce Two Titles At E3, Perhaps MGS 5 ? 
Inhert

Inhert

Post Re: Kojima Set To Announce Two Titles At E3, Perhaps MGS 5 ?
VicViper_Leo wrote:
Ya know, I'm not sure I even want ZOE 3 anymore. I see what they did to MGS, and I really do not want ZOE to end up like it. MGS is not bad, but it is nothing like it was thirteen years ago. If Kojima gets his sights on ZOE, I'm just scared to death that he's milk it and ruin its story...

Don't worry. We'll probably end up with a cyber-ninja like in MGS that becomes one with his mech and becomes such a total badass that he makes the main character look like a pathetic wimp. Just take a look at Snake and the cyber ninja scenes from MGS 1-4!

Even Raiden got badassified by just BEING one- and HE- as Snake's "Sidekick" in a manner of speaking, make him look like a wuss.

But then again, so did Leo in Zone Of The Enders 2. He's got an orbital frame/LEV so badass that it has a giant white weiner that takes up more than half of its body. Hell, that giant white dong could be YET another melee weapon if he cared...

Idk, I think ZOE 3 will be the bomb and will make my ZOEOA look like the near-worthless bomb in comparison despite the hard work :P

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Quote:
He's got an orbital frame/LEV so badass that it has a giant white weiner that takes up more than half of its body. Hell, that giant white dong could be YET another melee weapon if he cared...

No.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:02 pm
Seeker

Seeker

Eh, personally I am quite worried about the idea of a ZOE3. I DO want a sequel to this awesome game series, but at the same time know that the odds of it living up to its predecessors are about as good at this point as a two bull elephants duct-taped together at the back being pole-vaulted by a scitzophrenic gerbil with ADD and a fear of bendable sticks. The Kojima team DEFINITELY has creative skill and passion, but unfortunately it, like many other studios in the gaming industry, has to deal with the inevitable urge to sellout like mad.

Not only has the Kojima team prooven it's willing to sell out a franchise to point of almost dumping their star character into a retirement community, but on the other end of the problem-pole is the fact that Zone of the Enders is part of the mecha family of media, a genre so amazingly milked for profit that Bandai has succeeded in selling us the same fucking Gundam on a semi-annual basis for the past few years by dressing it up in a pretty new suit and giving it a plethora of day-jobs spanning everything from angel to zebra (I shit you not) to distract you from the fact that under all the laser spamming and kung-fu grip action gimmicks its the SAME FUCKING ROBOT. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, Gundam is awesome specifically BECAUSE it openly accepts itself as a franchise based on simply twisting its core mold. The problem is Zone of the Enders doesn't fall into this category, and that why we loved it. In a world where Bandai had devoured almost every aspect of the mecha-genre, it was refreshing to see a game that prooved they could remix the core designs of the mecha franchise, and do so in an interesting and unique way. The idea that ZOE3 won't come down with a bad case of "sell-out"itis is a pretty far shot to make.

Maybe what ZOE really needs as a franchise is recognition, or at least a giant "HEY COME OVER HERE AND PLAY THIS AWESOME/EPIC GAME FOR THE PS2! SERIOUSLY!" billboard erected over Times Square.

Zone of the Enders X Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:48 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Tenks wrote:
Eh, personally I am quite worried about the idea of a ZOE3. I DO want a sequel to this awesome game series, but at the same time know that the odds of it living up to its predecessors are about as good at this point as a two bull elephants duct-taped together at the back being pole-vaulted by a scitzophrenic gerbil with ADD and a fear of bendable sticks. The Kojima team DEFINITELY has creative skill and passion, but unfortunately it, like many other studios in the gaming industry, has to deal with the inevitable urge to sellout like mad.

Not only has the Kojima team prooven it's willing to sell out a franchise to point of almost dumping their star character into a retirement community, but on the other end of the problem-pole is the fact that Zone of the Enders is part of the mecha family of media, a genre so amazingly milked for profit that Bandai has succeeded in selling us the same fucking Gundam on a semi-annual basis for the past few years by dressing it up in a pretty new suit and giving it a plethora of day-jobs spanning everything from angel to zebra (I shit you not) to distract you from the fact that under all the laser spamming and kung-fu grip action gimmicks its the SAME FUCKING ROBOT. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, Gundam is awesome specifically BECAUSE it openly accepts itself as a franchise based on simply twisting its core mold. The problem is Zone of the Enders doesn't fall into this category, and that why we loved it. In a world where Bandai had devoured almost every aspect of the mecha-genre, it was refreshing to see a game that prooved they could remix the core designs of the mecha franchise, and do so in an interesting and unique way. The idea that ZOE3 won't come down with a bad case of "sell-out"itis is a pretty far shot to make.

Maybe what ZOE really needs as a franchise is recognition, or at least a giant "HEY COME OVER HERE AND PLAY THIS AWESOME/EPIC GAME FOR THE PS2! SERIOUSLY!" billboard erected over Times Square.

Well, maybe if a few common mecha elements can be added to ZOE. For example, the ACE:R game has a few elements similar to the ZOE gameplay engine. For example, I want a physics engine for the flight. I personally think jehuty's "dash" speed is(sorry to say this) pathetically slow considering it has an aura around it that makes it appear as though it is flying at the speed of sound when it is most likely only flying at a slow 45 MPH.
The only way I've seen anything close to a compensation for this lack of speed is the ZeroShift subweapon.

Seriously, one thing I love about Armored Core: For Answer is its massive maps and the exhilarating sensation of speed.
Another great part of Armored Core was its fantastic physics engine which allowed skidding and drifting on sand.

I want ZOE to borrow some elements of AC:FA- the ONLY GAME ON THE PLANET worthy of being compared to ZOE.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:17 am