HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 01 ZOEOA BETA IS HERE!!!! 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post Re: 01 ZOEOA BETA IS HERE!!!!
I wish my new desktop had internet so i could play this.
now i remember why i hate hotlinking images

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:08 am
Inhert

Inhert

bleant wrote:
I downloaded the game, i managed to play it, it does lag a bit for me, but i'm not sure if i put everything on low, besides i dunno the controls for zero shift, or whatever.

*EDIT*

Yeah, your game is epic and all but i won't be playing, it lags like hell...

- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

One way to kill the lag is by deleting the d3d9.dll from your game's folder.
That is where all of the cellshading/motionblur takes place.

Try that and let me know how it works.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:53 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

That post was after i deleted the d3d9.dll already.

Tell me, how to get the lowest graphical quality?

I've noticed something, the models of ZOEOA are a LOT heavier than the Ultimate Knight ones, i compared how fast the game was if i used a gundam or an orbital frame/LEV, the result is, OFs and LEVs lag much more.

Besides i didn't see any Raptors for us to pilot, and that Red and White LEV occupies to slots.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:59 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

bleant wrote:

I've noticed something, the models of ZOEOA are a LOT heavier than the Ultimate Knight ones, i compared how fast the game was if i used a gundam or an orbital frame/LEV, the result is, OFs and LEVs lag much more.

Besides i didn't see any Raptors for us to pilot, and that Red and White LEV occupies to slots.

I get how LEVS are heavy but OFs?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:04 pm
Inhert

Inhert

bleant wrote:

That's because you have to UNLOCK the raptors and other mechs. :)

The reason LEV's are such perfect beginner mechs is because their combat is significantly slower, demand strategy due to low firepower, but provide plenty of armor to survive orbital frame attacks.
Meanwhile, raptors are light-weight, fast, and powerful- but they lack armor (two blade combos can kill these guys).

Also, it's obvious that orbital frame are lighter, they're made of metatron, which seems to hold almost no weight as far as I've seen (small amount of thrust can keep them afloat for virtually forever,can be hurled around like paper planes, etc.)
Whereas the LEVs seem to be made of classic steel and iron, much like the Armored Core 2 mechs.

Do not worry, i plan to make "sporty" LEV's soon. One of the "sporty" ones are the Assault LEV's that i showed you earlier:

I personally find that one my favorite. I should make a new vic viper soon, I feel the old one wasn't sleek enough and the "cockpit" definitely needs to be moved to the chest.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:14 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

By heavy, i don't mean actual weight, i mean they have much more vertices/faces etc.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:22 pm
Inhert

Inhert

bleant wrote:
By heavy, i don't mean actual weight, i mean they have much more vertices/faces etc.

Well yes, the ZOE2 LEVs only had less than a 100 polys...

The models here have as many polys as a few ENTIRE MAPS from the origianl ZOE games, it was all just texturing that made them look good.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:06 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

So i guess i'm pretty much Fked Up!

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:30 pm
Inhert

Inhert

bleant wrote:
So i guess i'm pretty much Fked Up!

Not really... tell me what FPS your game runs and I'll make a optimized custom configuration file that may suit your needs.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

I can't say precisely, it changes, if i have an enemy close to me it goes like 10 fps.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:43 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next