HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Orbital Frame vs Gundam 3D Animation 
Battery

Battery

Post Re: Orbital Frame vs Gundam 3D Animation
helldiver450 wrote:
hey Phi, want to trade a Jehuty model for your Idolo? A head for a head? A body for a body? I want Idolo to be part of ZOEOA 8D

I want to make him MAD POWERFUL >:D

Haha, afriad not, sorry =) Idolo isn't a game engine model. Though I would be interested to see a wireframe of the Jehuty in ZOEOA if you were willing.

-Phi

Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:27 pm
Seeker

Seeker

Dingo wrote:
Its not the power of the machine that proves who wins a battle, its the pilot behind the machine that determines the victor.

Wrong ^^. I know that old adage sounds good, but it's actually wrong. The whole Zero Shift thing is a proof of that: beating Anubis is virtually impossible as long as you don't get Zero Shift, despite Dingo being better than Nohman (Dingo beats Nohamn when the frames are equal).

Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:13 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Phixix wrote:
helldiver450 wrote:
hey Phi, want to trade a Jehuty model for your Idolo? A head for a head? A body for a body? I want Idolo to be part of ZOEOA 8D

I want to make him MAD POWERFUL >:D

Haha, afriad not, sorry =) Idolo isn't a game engine model. Though I would be interested to see a wireframe of the Jehuty in ZOEOA if you were willing.

-Phi

Nonono, I can CONVERT it to work on the engine. I know how to separate the parts and make it work with the engine. I'll even give it powerful attacks for the sake of fun.

If you send me the Idolo, I will give you Jehuty :D
I'll promise to give you permission to use Jehuty in your future ZOE movies as long as I have permission to use the Idolo for the game.
I hope this is a fair deal to you ;)

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:37 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Mac[A] wrote:
Dingo wrote:
Its not the power of the machine that proves who wins a battle, its the pilot behind the machine that determines the victor.

Wrong ^^. I know that old adage sounds good, but it's actually wrong. The whole Zero Shift thing is a proof of that: beating Anubis is virtually impossible as long as you don't get Zero Shift, despite Dingo being better than Nohman (Dingo beats Nohamn when the frames are equal).

wrong again. Without a doubt, Anubis can teleport to you in an attempt to attack you. After all, he can more effectively cripple you and damage you if he gets close and strangles you.
As long as you can react and you have the proper reflexes, you can beat Anubis as soon as he teleports to you.

Also, nothing is faster than light. It is even clearly stated in the game "sub-light-speed combat".

Okay, it is officially stated that no OF (besides Aumaan Zetus) is faster than light.
This means that if you use a laser-based sniper rifle, you can take down the target from a far distance. Fair enough, you can beat Anubis with a Raptor that is equipped with a sniper subweapon(I think i should add that to ZOEOA for skill players). All you need are reflex-based close attacks, and laser sniping.

So yes, it IS about the pilot, not the mech.

Oh, and if you can't use a sniper rifle, just keep burst-attacking at close range as soon as he teleports to you.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:45 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

Dingo wrote:

Power does too, Naked Jehuty PWNS Ardjet with two blade attacks, regular jehuty needs some time to fight her.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Seeker

Seeker

helldiver450 wrote:
Mac[A] wrote:
Dingo wrote:

wrong again. Without a doubt, Anubis can teleport to you in an attempt to attack you. After all, he can more effectively cripple you and damage you if he gets close and strangles you.
As long as you can react and you have the proper reflexes, you can beat Anubis as soon as he teleports to you.

That's irrevelant because that's only a consequence of the game's gameplay. ADA clearly says it: Anubis is impossible to beat without Zero Shift.

Quote:
Okay, it is officially stated that no OF (besides Aumaan Zetus) is faster than light.
This means that if you use a laser-based sniper rifle, you can take down the target from a far distance. Fair enough, you can beat Anubis with a Raptor that is equipped with a sniper subweapon(I think i should add that to ZOEOA for skill players). All you need are reflex-based close attacks, and laser sniping.

So yes, it IS about the pilot, not the mech.

Oh come on XD. The situation you present is definitely not the kind of situation the saying "it's note the machine that count but its pilot" applies to. The saying implies a situation where the two parties have equal chances (except the machine of course) and are directly opposed. Your exemple gives the location+surprise advantages to the weakest party.

Basically, "it's not the machine that counts but its pilot", like the original "it's not the sword that counts but the swordsman", applies to duels. Otherwise it just doesn't make any sense, too many other variables.

Saying the machine doesn't count is completely exagerrated. Yes, the pilot is important but the machine is just as important.

bleant wrote:
Dingo wrote:

Power does too, Naked Jehuty PWNS Ardjet with two blade attacks, regular jehuty needs some time to fight her.

Another good exemple.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:36 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

Then again, try not to exaggerate, IDOLO is the first Orbital Frame, so it's pretty much weak, well not weak, but weakER than the other frames, you shouldn't do it too powerful, but seeing it's an online game, you should give him unique capabilities to let him fight the other frames.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:25 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Zetus is still faster. it doesn't use vector traps, it uses quantum leapers.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:26 pm
Battery

Battery

helldiver450 wrote:
Nonono, I can CONVERT it to work on the engine. I know how to separate the parts and make it work with the engine. I'll even give it powerful attacks for the sake of fun.

If you send me the Idolo, I will give you Jehuty :D
I'll promise to give you permission to use Jehuty in your future ZOE movies as long as I have permission to use the Idolo for the game.
I hope this is a fair deal to you ;)

Like I said, Idolo isn't built for use in an in-game engine, it's built for rendering in scenes for movieclips. Sorry to sound rude but without any knowlege of how my model is personally built you can't make an assumption to how you can convert it into your engine, likewise to why I would not consider trading Idolo for your Jehuty without knowing it's topography. This is why I requested a wireframe. I'm sure you understand =)

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:40 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Ooooooh! So you want the actual model without any color?
That would be a pain in the butt to revert to wireframe again...

Oh and we've been able to convert our models from Sketchup to direct X model.
Then we use the DX model to be implemented into the game.

Really, we have this covered :)

Everybody wants to use Idolo.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:30 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next