HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 am

Jehuty vs. Gurren Lagann 
Manta

Manta

Post Jehuty vs. Gurren Lagann
Which would win in a fight? I think Gurren Lagann would win in terms of raw strength, but Jehuty would win in terms of speed. It would also depend on whose piloting their respective mechs.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:25 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Post Re: Jehuty vs. Gurren Lagann
Be specific. The current match is unfair. NAKED JEHUTY DEFEATS ALL!

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:35 pm
Seeker

Seeker

Several questions need to be asked for this.

One, which Gurren-Lagann and which Jehuty?

Second, is this supposed to be a mecha battle, and if so, at what point do you consider Gurren-Lagann to no longer be a mecha. Arguably everything after Arc Gurren-Lagann is more a massive Spiral-Energy construct than a "robot."

Three, are you one of those people who think Spiral Energy is just a "do anything" force (like most of the TTGL fanbase), or are we only using what Spiral Energy has been proven to do in the series?

Four, what do you consider to be "real" battles in TTGL and which ones do you consider to be the result of Anti-Spiral constructs? Arguably, the entire final battle in the culminative Tengen-Toppa-Gurren-Lagann and beyond is more of a metaphorical (potentially mental) battle on a seperate dimension where the laws of physics only somewhat apply and all combatants are semi-omnipotent. The biggest problem with any TTGL VS. battles are that the ending of the series is debatable about what was and was not "real."

Five, can Jehuty's Zero Shift phase it through solid matter (as Anubis arguably did through Fortress City) (to a lesser extent in Dolores, i) or does it work exactly as it does in the games?

Zone of the Enders X Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:40 pm
Manta

Manta

Tenks wrote:
Several questions need to be asked for this.

One, which Gurren-Lagann and which Jehuty?

Second, is this supposed to be a mecha battle, and if so, at what point do you consider Gurren-Lagann to no longer be a mecha. Arguably everything after Arc Gurren-Lagann is more a massive Spiral-Energy construct than a "robot."

Three, are you one of those people who think Spiral Energy is just a "do anything" force (like most of the TTGL fanbase), or are we only using what Spiral Energy has been proven to do in the series?

Four, what do you consider to be "real" battles in TTGL and which ones do you consider to be the result of Anti-Spiral constructs? Arguably, the entire final battle in the culminative Tengen-Toppa-Gurren-Lagann and beyond is more of a metaphorical (potentially mental) battle on a seperate dimension where the laws of physics only somewhat apply and all combatants are semi-omnipotent. The biggest problem with any TTGL VS. battles are that the ending of the series is debatable about what was and was not "real."

Five, can Jehuty's Zero Shift phase it through solid matter (as Anubis arguably did through Fortress City) (to a lesser extent in Dolores, i) or does it work exactly as it does in the games?

Well I would have to say that There were specific conditions that had to take place before Tengen Toppa and Super Tengen Toppa to have been created so they are out. The same goes for Naked Jehuty. I think that Super Galactic Gurren Lagann is the size of the moon so its out too. I think that the battle would only be The original Gurren Lagann ( with the flight pack attached) vs. maybe Jehuty 2.0. Jehuty's Zero shift might give Jehuty the advantage. Also the orbital frames themselves are pretty fragile. Its the compressed space around them that gives them the durabilty that they have. And seeing how Gurren Lagann has been shown to break through space and time Jehuty wouldn't be able to stand up to GL in a straight up fight.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:57 pm
Seeker

Seeker

Let's be clear.

Jehuty v.2 VS Gurren-Lagann + Flight Gunman Pack

In that case, Jehuty v.2. Easily.

Defensive superiority.
Gurren-Lagann itself has not been shown to be capable of breaking through a spacial-compression field. Perceptual Teleportation is its greatest Space-Time feat. Arc Gurren-Lagann was the first to "punch" a hole in Space-Time. Furthermore, even if it found a way to somehow negate Jehuty's spacial-compression field, the armor of Jehuty has been prooven to be quite durable as it took on a full-force spacial-compression blast from Aumaan and held, damaged, but held. Furthermore, the SSA system means that physical damage to Jehuty is only effective when excessively culminative, as the armor will simply regenerate to the limit of Metatron reserves.

Offensive superiority.
Without a highly advanced A.I. to back it up, such as Lordgenome, Gurren-Lagann has no real way to keep up with Jehuty's incredible movement advantage (i.e. tracking a Zero Shifting target through subspace) nor its complex attacks (such as Homing Missile, Dash Shot etc.). Gurren-Lagann would, most likely, spend all of its time dodging homing weaponry, unable to land a blow on Jehuty as the Oribital Frame phases in and out of subspace at subluminal speeds. The untrackable speed of its target and the massive output of homing projectile weaponry against it put Gurren Lagann at a massive disadvantage. It must spend almost all of its time evading simply to avoid being overwhelmed by Dash Shots, and, due to Jehuty's Zero Shift, the fused Gunman has no real way to control the battle, as its target can instantly widen or narrow the gap between them. Zero Shift itself presents Jehuty with almost an instant Ku-De-Grais as it can shift behind its target, depend on the exiting subspace wave to temporarily disable its target, and slash through the enemy with a single blade swipe. Gurren Lagann, lacking any sort of defense against weaponry compressing space, would be torn asunder by a single slash from Jehuty's blade. The only possible countering strategy Gurren-Lagann could employ would be to use Perceptual Teleportatin in an attempt to keep up with Jehuty. Unfortunately, due to the methods of Perceptual Teleportation v. the speed of Zero Shift, this would put an INCREDIBLE strain on the pilot's mental perception. Even an adept Spiral Warrior such as Simon would have incredible ammounts of trouble Perceptually Teleporting at Jehuty, as the target is in constant motion (the two major PT in the show were both relatively stationary characters, Roshio and Nia) and is slipping in and out of subspace. It would take an incredible mix of both Spiral Energy to power the many needed uses of Perceptual Teleportation AND a superhuman sense of spacial awareness/relativity and reaction time. This combination asks for ALOT from its pilot. Simon has the former but lacks the later, and those who do have the later (Newtypes such as Amuro Ray or Coordinators such as Kira Yamato) lack the former (or at least, haven't been tested as such). Furthermore, as Perceptual Teleportation has only been prooven to work in relation to a PERSON, specifically a CLOSE RELATION, it is unknown if it would even work against an enemy mecha.
The Spiral Energy problem
The other major problem here is the nature of Spiral Energy. The requirements for using Spiral Energy are quite simple. Have a double helix DNA structure and be capable of evolution as a species. In other words, were a battle to occur in the TTGL universe, any NORMAL HUMAN BEING would be capable of using Spiral Energy via their willpower. Now, it is hard to say that Dingo has the same ammount of "fighting spirit" as Simon, but let's not forget he did keep fighting during a seemingly-hopeless situation and throw himself headlong into a solar system-destroying erruption to save the cause. Were he to be transported to the TTGL universe, it wouldn't be all that surprising for the result to be something akin to Super Galaxy Orbital Frame Jehuty.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:51 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Actually, I think the REAL power of Aumaan is..... anti-matter.

This VERY REAL MATERIAL, is the most highly reactive substance in the universe. If a single anti-matter atom collides with a standard atom, they will both cancel eachother out, and efficiently convert all of their solidified mass into pure energy, therefore creating an explosion far more powerful than a position bomb, since the energy is combined from two multi-dimensional forms of matter, and of course, two atoms.

Teleportation can only be accomplished though explosive thrust vectoring. So in other words, if you harness the force of an anti-matter bomb, and redirect it/convert it to useful energy while keeping the remaining energy contained for later use, you can effectively achieve the immense power of metatron.
This energy once harnessed, is enough to power the world for a century and a half easily.

Now let's get real:

nano-technology, homing lasers, beam sabers, and many other brilliant sci-fi weapons require immense amounts of energy. Each homing laser has to be rapidly processed and programmed(yes, programming LIGHT), and then command the laser to follow a specific point.

Beam sabers can only be done through mirrors at the ends of the blade, or through a powerful and controlled magnetic force to attract the very ions of the beam and keep them shaped as a bar of a specific length and thickness.
Although the electromagnetic force may undoubtedly cause unforgiveable interferance with flight navigation systems within a minimal thousand mile radius, it should be easy to assume that all space gear is designed to withstand stronger waves of radiation as a precaution- but being exposed to it will be the cancerous death of anyone.
Image [Above]
Yeah! Cancer for everyone! Weeeee!

So now when we get down to Orbital Frames, this technology is being well used(theoretically).

Nanotechnology is the secret to the rapid "healing" and "veiny neons". It's the orbital frame's system refreshing itself to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Well, nanotechnology takes up a CRAPLOAD of energy, since it involves changing elements from one form to another, and even generating solid matter from pure energy(which is proven to be possible)!

The further you go into this, the crazier it gets...

A single crumb of sand made of anti-matter is enough to take over the world and have some pancakes in a black hole without dying.
Now when we observe the OF design, you notice the "core"s that seem to stick out of the top of the chest, or reside in the neck like Dolores I.

Well, considering that those are giant robots, that would have to be about two metric tones of stored anti-matter(enough to do what Aumaan does).

Now we get down to how Orbital Frames have a tendency to become possessed by random spirits. SERIOUSLY!

Idolo- Dolores's soul

Nephtis- Viola's soul(not an AI)

Hathor- a somehow revived/zombie Radium/a synthetic soul of Dolores.

Well, by theory, souls can be 5th dimensional life forms that are bound by their own laws of physics in the 5th layer of the universe.
For example, 2-dimensional beings cannot move forward or backward through time and space. Yet we 3rd dimensiona a-holes can jump forward and backward!

We're spoiled!

Well, spirits can do much more, but are also bound by their own physics rules.
It is possible that the anti-matter nuclear explosion has some kind of attractive/magnetic force on souls not anchored by living bodies and can be easily sucked in, instead of being blown apart and away.

Once anchored down by the nuclear center, they can take control of the frame holding this together and do as they please.

The only flaw to this concept is that if an orbital frame is blown up, the core will become unstable and release the explosion- consuming more than half of the solar system in its wake.

So it's like blowing up a raptor and destroying the world in the process.
Nohman would've easily held the world hostage if he did that...

However, if you can just use the energy converted from a conventional and so-called "weak" atomic bomb explosion, you could achieve the relatively same thing, but with a significantly shorter runtime( 600 years).

Still, I just felt that I should get that point out since I found this the perfect timing to show that the power of metatron CAN be faked and that the technology is somewhat available to make something like that.

I'm not saying that OF's will come into production line anytime soon or ever, but it's nice to daydream of its existence when you know the materials exist and are available.
Oh and.... our current hadron collider is currently making this stuff at 10 anti-atoms-per-hour. Over time, that stuff will build up to a gram... enough potencial energy to either power the world or destroy the solar system in a hissy fit of rage.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:18 am
Seeker

Seeker

A very insightful and well-thought-out non-sequitur.

If you could also show how Spiral Energy is possible, please do. Personally, if I could will myself a sandwich right now, that'd be awesome.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:01 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Tenks wrote:
A very insightful and well-thought-out non-sequitur.

If you could also show how Spiral Energy is possible, please do. Personally, if I could will myself a sandwich right now, that'd be awesome.

Well sadly, I haven't actually watched the Gurren Lagaan series since it's not "realistic" to me. At least the ZOE universe operates on somewhat realistic physics and doesn't involve magic.

But if it comes to, wishing yourself a sandwich, then it's totally possible according to the Quantum Law of Attraction. This law dictates that your mind can subtly change the future with every wish you strongly desire. Your mind emits quantum waves all the time, and it is the only hyper-dimensional part of your body which is intangible and is not limited by room/space in your head- hence why you can dream up entire worlds in your sleep, and even create artificial friends in your own mind if you go insane.

So yes, according to the quantum laws of physics it is totally true.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:01 pm
Seeker

Seeker

Sweet.

*The Tenks "Fighting Spirits" himself up a sandwich*

Nice. I'm gonna go take a nap to get my energy back, then will myself up some potato chips to go with this.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:59 pm