HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:18 pm

OF vs other types of mecha 
Mosquito

Mosquito

Post OF vs other types of mecha
The ZOE time line is based around a future were extraterrestrial mineral deposits were found well exploring of Jupiter's moons, along with the help of this mineral dobbed Metatron, humans began colonies around the solar system. Manly the space around Luna, Mars, its moons Deimos and Phobos, and Jupiter and its Moons. The Mars colony began to rebel against oppressive UNSF military rule siting unfair resource exploitation and treatment of the Mars population. BAHRAM was formed withing the Mars defense forces branch of the UNSF, and began to form an army with tech developed in part from the Metatron from Jupiter. The main subject of BAHRAM's research was to make mecha more powerfull then UNSF LEV's. The results of this research was the Orbital Frame, as suspenseful tests using the Orbital Frame Beta unit Idolo. Despite the affect of Metatron on the Pilots mental state Idolo was almost unstoppable up tell its near total destruction on Deimos. The tech advanced and was used to construct other Orbital Frames including the twin frames Jahuty and Anubis.

I just thought a recap couldn't hurt as I mite have something wrong having only played Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. That and owning 2167 Idolo and Dolores,i on DVD.

I have a undying love for Mecha. Sunrise gave us Gundams and from there its up hill. I found Zone of the Enders after a X-Play clip showed 5 mecha games that didn't become popular in the mainstream.

I love fan fiction concept design but I have never actual written one myself.
I have wondered what sort of comparisons could be made between all sorts of other mecha from other shows and games?

Here is a list of other Mecha that from games and anime I feel could bere comparing with Orbital Frames and the LEV V2 Vic Viper as it is the only LEV known that has OF power levels or close too.

---
Gundams from the Gundam WING, SEED, and UC universes, AC, maybe After Ware Gundam X and Turn-A but to short list them...

Gundam Wing-Zero
Gundam Epyon
Gundam Inf. Justis
Gundam Strike Freedom
Gundam F-91
Cross Bone Gundam
Gundam Sentinel
Gundam 00
Gundam Double X
Turn-X

Ya maybe not a short list but at least Gundam Sentinel fits all major factors for OF comparison including combat AI

--
Macross has the new Valkery's from Macross Frontier however its more of a mach for the V2 Vic Viper

---
Armored Core Next's AC4 and AC4A
Yah as far as that can go the lack of Exo Atmospheric combat is the only limitation in comparing an Armored Core Next to a OF, an Armored Core NEXT has a command and control system linked to the nerves system of the pilot that gives it insane control precision, but with its use of Kojima Particle Physics it can withstand incredible combat stress and dish out more then enough to take on anything in the OF range save Jahuty and Anubis at full strength given Vector Trap technology(The only really one off thing about OF tech)

---
Str.A.Ins
Strain's are the most powerful and advanced mecha from the anime Str.A.In: Strategic Armored Infantry. Like Orbital Frames that use Medatron, strains us Mercurion, yet another extra terrestrial mineral that can be used to power a ship or weapon to sub light speeds allowing inter stellar travail. The Strain is a Mecha built using technology stolen from the only known Alien Race in the universe by forcefully dissecting a ships crew and determining the deference between them and a human as they looked human but all looked the same and had a Limitless Interstellar Unified Hive Mind.
Long story but most people don't know that show.

The Glolre and EX are the most powerful Strains ever built by man.
All strains are basically bladed mecha with the power to shoot shard like bolts from wrist mounted cannons.
The Glolre has a Tail like that of Anubis and posses incredible power and maneuverability only achievable by an S class pilot. Very few ever were made for this reason.
The EX is a one of a kind Strain made aboard a Training vesicle by a radically intelligent child and his assistant as a pet project, yet it is on pare with the Glolre in every way in performance those also demanding a S class pilot. It however has an A symmetrical layout with a longer stronger right arm blade giving it an advantage in combat. This among other factors led it to be victorious in the final battle as Sara Werec, the younger sister of the traitor Ralph Werec face of against each other, him in his Glolre and her in the EX.

I could argue that in a confrontation the speed and maneuverability of a Strain like the EX could outpace that of an Orbital Frame especially in CQB, though Orbital Frames have Vector Trap making a OF like Jahuty or Anubis far more powerful unless this were disabled.

---
Wanzers "Wondering Panzer" from the Front Mission universe cant be compared as they are slow ground weapons more like tanks those the slang on the German word Panzer.

---
VT's "Vertical Tanks" from Steal Battalion go the same way as Wanzers.

---
Battle Mechs from the Battle Tech universe are out not for lack of power just the size and immovability of them.

---
Nightmare Frames are in atmospheric but they do poses extraordinary power if one looks at the advanced units like the Lancelot.

In atmospheric combat stats are damn near on par with an OF, that is if the float system is not damaged. Weapons are on par but that lack of integrated all aspect flight and exo atmospheric combat its no contest, lest we forget Vector Trap.

---
LFO's from Erika 7 cant flight without Waves and those are worthless outside there context. The would fall to a Nightmare though and that's not good enough for this list.

---
Zoids... No.

---
Big-0... Megadues...No

Yah think of something the post it but I think I have it started here.

I think its down to a Gundam like Gundam Sentinel or Gundam Strike Freedom but that's me saying it.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:18 am
Clod

Clod

Post Re: OF vs other types of mecha
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann :v
It throws Galaxies.
An OF would barely scratch the paintwork.

But honestly, I do not believe Gundams can match Orbital Frames, at least, Not Jehuty and Anubis anyway. In terms of speed and power. The Trans-Am enabled Gundams from Gundam 00 might put up a fight, but their limited in how long they can go that fast.

Nono (Diebuster). She slices planets in half :v

Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:47 am
Ardjet

Ardjet

poor zoids D= (i liek zoids)

but ZOE is bettaw

wanzers just look cool,
how about nadesico, i didn't see you mention them
or raxhephon

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:28 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

I meant to say Real Mecha only, not Super mecha in this discussion so no Plaint Killer type super mecha. Gundam and Armored Cores are about as High Powered as Real Mecha gets, and I think in its own way an Orbital Frame is more Real mech then Super Mecha. That Said as many Real Mecha have things like Bending Laser's that target and track, or else bits that act as defensive and added attack platforms.

---

I never real watched Nadesico, and for that matter i left out another set of mecha that have no chance

Heavy Gears
A basic LEV would be less then a heavy gear normally as they are fast land mecha but the power of even a basic OF would beat the snot out of any Gear.

Blue Gender
The mechs are cool and all but just like Heavy Gear they are no match for a OF

Patlabor
less then a heavy gear or a Blue Gender mech so yah no.

Over all I really can only see a few mecha taking Jahuty or Anubis down, If we benchmark with a lesser OF like Isis or even Hathor, 'behind the twins no doubt Hathor was the 3rd most powerful OF ever maid' it would be easy. The twins have The most advanced Vector Trap Systems and make them almost unstoppable...Almost.

Best Gundam-Gundam Sentinel
Very few people know of it outside the hard core fan base, but its the most powerful Gundam of its time and could match well with anything from the later UC era. Even Victory Gundam and the Formula Project Gundams like F91 and Crossbone Gundam would be matched. Head to head Sentinel has the best chances of any Gundam.

Really the only mecha that would stand a chance is an Armored Core Next type.
An AC Next or just Next is a very very hi end mecha. If any of you have played AC4A or just AC4 for that mater you will know that a Next can move at speeds over 3000KPH just using its onboard power and then go faster to make a CQB swipe with a energy blade. Maneuvering is also very good for that matter. With in a fraction of a second a well setup Next can go 180deg, lock onto more then one target on or off its vertical plain with multiple weapons and fire with good accuracy, all well taking fire.
Next's also pack the Primal Armor System. PA is like a Gundam's I-field and can slow or stop most weapons fire, with it active a Next could withstand a direct hist from almost anything once without critical damage. If a Next was shown to work in an Exo Atmospheric combat situation 'Space' I would say that's my pic for a OF killer.
Totaling its weapon options and power I'd setup a Blade Next with a set of PA Rectification units for better PA output and a Kojima Partical Cannon or two. One hit from one of those could blow Anubis to the wrong side of the Nile fast!

In the end its all down to the fact that an Orbital Frame can warp space time itself to create pockets of Compressed Space and do things like warp short distances or even redirect attacks back at a enemy. Anubis's tactics basically in a nutshell.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:14 am
Ardjet

Ardjet

woa sounds interesting
i love mecha myself but i dunno half the mechas you mention XD

how about mazin kazer?
i was arguin with mah friend and he said that mazing kaizer
was stronger than a demon and god or something and ZOE didn't stand a chance and shit (so he said)

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:23 am
Mosquito

Mosquito

Mazinger Z is a Super Robot mecha so its off the table in the discussion. It wold be far to slow to take on an OF in any case. Even using Mecha Physics. Mecha Physics is a Anime cliche stating "The larger the mecha, the fast and more agile it is" Real mecha can sometimes be found to fallow this rule, however most give logical reasons. RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis" from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory was larger then its sibling Unit RX-78GP01 Gundam "Zephyranthes" but was as fast or faster then Zephyranthes if not just on pare with RX-78GP01Fb Gundam Full Vernian. This is do to the Heave thrusters on its shoulder, and skirting.

Yah I am a really big Mecha Fan to the core if it doesn't show.

I own or have played/seen/read every thing to do with Gundam, also most other Mecha worth knowing. I haven't doge to deep into Battle Tech as its so deep like over 100 books just for Story. Otherwise things like Macross/Robotech and other Anime mecha are hard wired into me. Even the odd once like Steal Battalion for the original Xbox, the game and its expansion cost like $20 used but you need a controller console witch cost a couple Hundred used just to play it. That game is like sting in the cockpit from really going through pre-launch start-up, to dual stick controls. All it is missing is a 3D cockpit system for full effect! Look it up its killer.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:38 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

you sir, is an awesome person =P

but i preffer OFs over everthing, even if i know little of mechas

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:43 pm
NARITA

NARITA

For reference (I think you already know this...):

Try visiting this site

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:31 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

MAHQ .net is a personal fave, and has been for a long time. It's one of if not the best place to get info on mecha from many animes and games.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:48 am
First off, I'm extremely pleased that thavionhawk brought up STRAIN units in the first post. I remember watching the original airing of Soukou no STRAIN when the series was airing on TV in Japan and although short, it ranks in my top ten favorite mecha anime series, not quite as high as Zone of the Enders 2172 Dolores, i or G Gundam though. I just wish they continued for longer than 13 episodes to expand the plot even further. I'd have really liked to have seen what happened to Sara Werec after the final episode and what ever became of the Deague vs. Union battle that was happening in the background of the side story involving Emily and Ralph Werec's crazy time warping shenanigans. But, I'm losing sight of my original goal here.

Obviously, by nature of all these series being created by different companies, we shall never be able to get an accurate measure of which one of these units is definitively stronger. We may be able to make conjectures if they have specs listed by official sources that are measured in our modern day scientific units, but alas, not many shows tend to provide this, instead backing up on their own measurements. But you know what? Who cares; if Star Trek and Star Wars fans are allowed to bicker as to whether or not a Borg could take down a Jedi, I don't see why I can't debate mechs!

There's been a lot of individual mecha series listed in here, but for at least this first post, I'll cover the mecha series I know best sans Zone of the Enders and that would be the Gundam series. For the sake of argument, I shall be using Jehuty V2 as the basis of the argument since it wasn't until Dingo received the upgrade from Lloyd that Jehuty was considered complete.

Since it'd take too long to list who I think would get trounced, it'd probably be better to list which main character Gundams I think could actually compete with Jehuty V2.

- UC Timeline's Hi-Nu Gundam and piloted by a Newtype
- Wing's Wing Zero and Epyon
- G's God (Burning) Gundam only if piloted by Domon Kasshu
- X's Gundam Double X combined with G-Falcon and piloted by a Newtype
- SEED/SEED Destiny's Strike Freedom only if piloted by Kira "Jesus" Yamato
- 00's 00 Gundam docked with 0-Raiser and piloted by Setsuna F. Seiei
- Turn A's Turn A Gundam only if piloted by a genuine Newtype

Out of those, Jehuty could only really take out easily Wing Zero, Epyon, and Strike Freedom. Zero System be damned, even if the pilot knows what's going to happen, you still can't make a computer calculate battle tactics for you when your enemy has the ability to literally warp right next to you instantaneously from almost any distance using spatial compression. Not to mention any shots made would be diverted using Nohman's infamous Dolores, i Vector Trap reflection method. The Strike Freedom, assuming we're actually taking it for the unit itself without the Jesus powers of Kira, doesn't stand much of a chance either. As high of an output the nuclear reactors gave out and despite the amount of beam spam ability and general maneuverability, the Strike Freedom still cannot outperform Jehuty. Jehuty's weapons could easily tear through the beam shields of the Strike Freedom and I can't imagine the Strike Freedom's lasers being any more potent than Zakat's planet scorching death rays.

Jehuty's gonna have a MUCH harder time fighting against the Newtype oriented Gundams. While I still feel very confident that Jehuty could beat Amuro in the Hi-Nu Gundam or the Double X piloted by, say, Jamil before he lost his Newtype powers, it'll have a very hard time fighting off the Funnels/Bits from both Gundam units. Jehuty does have its own Options to attack in tandem and the ever-so-useful Homing Missile subweapon, but it's still going to take quite a lot of effort, even with Zero Shift, to take on the superhuman abilities of a Newtype. Eventually though, I feel that Jehuty's superior output will triumph since the Hi-Nu never displayed anything remotely close to a power output large enough to destroy Jehuty's armor and the Double X can't use its Satellite Cannon with an enemy chasing after it. Not to mention, even if the Double X DID use the Satellite Cannon, Jehuty can respond just as easily with the Vector Cannon, which depending on where the moon is during their fight, could charge faster than the Satellite Cannon and fire earlier. Remember also that there would be no way for the Double X to survive since the Vector Cannon operates not by physical damage, but by crushing the enemy in a spatial fold.

The 00 Gundam is probably the only Gundam on this list which I believe could actually go equal to Jehuty with the outcome being practically speaking a tie. It may not have Zero Shift abilities, but when Setsuna transcends humanity and decides to break out his Innovator powers, he's able to deconstruct his whole unit into GN particles, spread them around the battle field, and reconstruct right next to Jehuty if it wanted. It's not as instantaneous, but yes, the 00 Gundam does effectively have a Zero Shift ability similar to Jehuty. Neither the 00 Gundam or Jehuty has any advantages in shielding or weaponry either. The 00 Gundam has the Raiser Sword which has a high enough energy output to cut an orbital ring from the atmosphere of Earth. That's definitely on par with the Vector Cannon and in fact, the Vector Cannon loses on this one due to the start up charge time. Jehuty does however posses superior shielding. While GN particles can be used to shield, it's nowhere near as effective as a spatial fold protecting an Orbital Frame since particles no matter how dense can be cut. Spatial folds cannot unless you hit them REALLY freaking hard. And both are effectively tied in close range combat since Dingo and Setsuna both display a HUGE amount of skill in close-quarters battling, Dingo by defeating a healthy Anubis with only Jehuty's blade and Zero Shift, Setsuna for being trained and almost exclusively used as a close range assault unit.

Jehuty however has not a single chance in the world of beating the God Gundam (which as a side note is my favorite Gundam of any series ever) or the Turn A Gundam. Jehuty can definitely put up a good fight against the God Gundam, but considering that the God Gundam runs on a reactor that's powered by the ki and willpower of its pilot, Domon Kasshu could in theory bring the God Gundam to infinite energy output. Even though the God Gundam is a close range unit, it still has access (though not seen) to the Shining Finger Sword which was a technique that precedes and was much more powerful than the 00 Gundam's Raiser Sword. The God Gundam can also perform the Sekiha Tenkyoken which had such huge power output that nothing Jehuty has in its arsenal, subweapon or otherwise, could compete with it. Both abilities came out rather quickly too so Jehuty can't even take a breath to make potshots with a Burst Attack and forget about trying to charge the Vector Cannon. So, when the battle becomes close range, God Gundam takes full dominance since the God (Burning) Finger is a technique which heats up the opponent's unit to the point of causing an overload explosion, typically controlled so as not to kill the pilot, but could in theory make every particle in the enemy unit break apart from one another due to the heat increase. Jehuty's Vector Trap may be able to protect it for a little while, but not even a Vector Trap can deter that much heat for such a long period of time. Sorry to say, but as much as I like Jehuty, it's gotta lose to the God Gundam in this battle.

I almost feel as if I don't even need to explain why the Turn A would beat Jehuty in a fight. Anyone who's seen the series and has read the small translated snippets from the Turn A novel regarding the specifications and abilities of the Turn A would realize that Jehuty really has no way of winning. For one, we never see the Turn A perform at more than 20% power TOPS in the series and with that much, it was able to wipe out all the Earth's civilization. At 50% power as it was shown in the novel, the Turn A's iconic Moonlight Butterfly had an effective range reaching from Earth to Jupiter. Now granted, Metatron is probably immune to the Moonlight Butterfly, but the Turn A's not finished yet. Off the top of my head, here's some of the crazier things it can do if the pilot knew how.

- With sufficient enough nanomachines or given enough time, the Turn A could regenerate not only its whole structure from even a single body part, but could also regenerate the pilot from all wounds, even from death allegedly at 100% power.
- The Turn A had the ability to deconstruct itself AND the pilot into nanomachines and reconstruct itself somewhere else. During the reconstruction, should the nanomachine capacity be high enough, any damage incurred to both pilot and Gundam could be repaired during the teleport.
- The Turn A had the ability to physically teleport objects if controlled by a Newtype. Not just a nanomachine deconstruction transport, but a genuine teleport. It's been mentioned in the novel that at one point, the Turn A under the control of a Newtype was able to warp the shot from its beam rifle directly into the cockpit of the enemy pilot.
- At 40% power, the Turn A's beam rifle was as powerful as a colony laser.

There was other shenanigans if I'm recalling involving some ridiculous specs on the Turn A's I-Field generators and how it could withstand the impact of a colony drop, but I won't 100% commit to that. Note that I may be off on the percentages of energy output above, but the point I'm trying to get here is that we never see the Turn A Gundam reach even 70% of its full capacity.

This is a really long post as it is, so I'll send it out there for review.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:56 am