HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 am

OF vs other types of mecha 
Seeker

Seeker

Post Re: OF vs other types of mecha
I respectfully disagree.

While I am myself a huge fan of G-Gundam I don't see the God Gundam being able to take down Naked Jehuty.

The God Gundam can be theoretically in possession of infinite power? Based on what? It's engine runs on willpower and ki, great. But Domon isn't a god and he has his limits. Theoretically if Jehuty absorbed all the Metatron in the universe it would be omnipotent. Nothing in G-Gundam said the God Gundam could come even close to planet-busting, let alone Jehuty's output. The point is there is no point in ignoring limitations.

Second, you said that the God Finger and Seikihatenkyouken are powerful. Granted, but they are far too primative to pierce NJ's compression sheild. How does massive heat penetrate a spacial fold? It's a FOLD in SPACE, the only thing that can get past Metatron-based Spacial Compression technologies are weapons using the same technologies, hence the Auumaunn wall, Vector Cannon and so on and so fourth. Naked Jehuty has a dupilcate field to the Auumaunn wall, hence it's equality to Auumaunn Anubis and the fact that if you playthrough the game as NJ no physical weaponry can affect you (for example Ardjets Wisps are destroyed without even needing to Guard). So while Domon may be able to output alot of power, and while he may be awesome, I'm sorry but nothing in G-Gundam suggests the God Gundam can output anywhere near the power of Naked Jehuty, nor does he have anyway to actually damage Naked Jehuty. You're talking about a mech that literally flew into the end of the Solar-System and survived long enough to stop the explosion, grab his buddy and get out of there.

Furthermore, God Gundam has no regenerative powers. Naked Jehuty can instantly repair it's body if any damage is incurred.

Next, the critical thing that most people ignore about Zero Shift; the exiting compression wave. If you pay attention, the Zero Shift effect creates a massive output of compressed space and electromagnetic forces upon the completetion of the warp. This wave stuns any enemies next to Jehuty/Anubis after they complete their warp. In other words, once Jehuty blink-waprs behind God Gundam, the electromagnetic and spacial compression force of it's exit from sub-space instantly disables the God Gundam's systems and paralyzes the mecha, leaving it helpless to a spacial-rending slash. This means that any mech trying to take on the ZOE Zero-Shifters is going to have to have some way to instantly percieve, comprehend and counter an instantaneous teleport to their backside along with an instant paralysis effect. Zero Shift isn't just teleporting, it's an instant perfect finishing blow, effectively leaving the target confused about your location and disabled for battle momentarily, enough for a behind-the-back finishing blow. And no Domon doesn't have the knowledge or reflexes to keep up with a Zero Shifting Naked Jehuty. Even if he can dodge several of them, after awhile the massive ammounts of spacial compression waves are going to disable the Gundam's systems.

Zone of the Enders X Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:42 am
Post Re: OF vs other types of mecha
Tenks wrote:
The God Gundam can be theoretically in possession of infinite power? Based on what? It's engine runs on willpower and ki, great. But Domon isn't a god and he has his limits. Theoretically if Jehuty absorbed all the Metatron in the universe it would be omnipotent. Nothing in G-Gundam said the God Gundam could come even close to planet-busting, let alone Jehuty's output. The point is there is no point in ignoring limitations.

Unless they're fighting on a reservoir of Metatron, Jehuty would not be able to reach the energy levels you claim. I admit fault for not stating it, but I was making my assumption on the fact that we're on neutral territory, that is in the middle of nowhere in space. Domon is definitely not a god, but it was shown in the finale of the show that he was able to output enough willpower to destroy the Devil Gundam, which was effectively the size of a colony, which at least in the G Gundam universe, is essentially a moon. I do see your point about not judging based on theoretical limitations, but I haven't seen Jehuty come even close to destroying a colony sized object. Aumaan, yes, but I wasn't talking about Naked Jehuty; I was discussing Jehuty V2.

Tenks wrote:
Second, you said that the God Finger and Seikihatenkyouken are powerful. Granted, but they are far too primative to pierce NJ's compression sheild. How does massive heat penetrate a spacial fold? It's a FOLD in SPACE, the only thing that can get past Metatron-based Spacial Compression technologies are weapons using the same technologies, hence the Auumaunn wall, Vector Cannon and so on and so fourth. Naked Jehuty has a dupilcate field to the Auumaunn wall, hence it's equality to Auumaunn Anubis and the fact that if you playthrough the game as NJ no physical weaponry can affect you (for example Ardjets Wisps are destroyed without even needing to Guard). So while Domon may be able to output alot of power, and while he may be awesome, I'm sorry but nothing in G-Gundam suggests the God Gundam can output anywhere near the power of Naked Jehuty, nor does he have anyway to actually damage Naked Jehuty. You're talking about a mech that literally flew into the end of the Solar-System and survived long enough to stop the explosion, grab his buddy and get out of there.

Again, I was discussing God Gundam vs. Jehuty V2. I would also like to point out that you're correct that Naked Jehuty can ignore all physical damage. In a New Game Plus that is. I consider that the abilities Naked Jehuty can display against early game Orbital Frames as non-canon as situations based on solely the in-game engine should not be taken as concrete fact. For instance, just because Naked Jehuty could use all sub-weapons with infinite sub-weapon energy in a New Game Plus, doesn't mean it can in actuality. I mean, we saw that Damaged Jehuty could use infinite sub-weapon energy too, but from the standpoint of common sense, it clearly should not be able too, right? I'm just saying that unless we saw Jehuty fighting Ardjet after he turned into Naked Jehuty during the main story, we shouldn't necessarily take it as canon. And unless I'm making a huge mistake even Naked Jehuty is afflicted by physical damage. If you get hit by one of those Narita units unshielded, while the damage is indeed minimal, Naked Jehuty still reels back and takes damage.

Also, I'm just curious, what source did you get the information that Jehuty received the same powers of Aumaan and that he had to fly to the other end of the Solar System to pick up Leo and the gang? I don't know about the former and if it was in-game, I apologize since I haven't played it in a while, but didn't Leo and Ken get picked up by Elena and brought to where Naked Jehuty and the true Aumaan Fortress was?

Tenks wrote:
Furthermore, God Gundam has no regenerative powers. Naked Jehuty can instantly repair it's body if any damage is incurred.

You're right on both points, but even Naked Jehuty can't regenerate damage without Metatron. Unless again, I'm horribly wrong here and Naked Jehuty can in fact regenerate without having to use Metatron.

Tenks wrote:
Next, the critical thing that most people ignore about Zero Shift; the exiting compression wave. If you pay attention, the Zero Shift effect creates a massive output of compressed space and electromagnetic forces upon the completetion of the warp. This wave stuns any enemies next to Jehuty/Anubis after they complete their warp. In other words, once Jehuty blink-waprs behind God Gundam, the electromagnetic and spacial compression force of it's exit from sub-space instantly disables the God Gundam's systems and paralyzes the mecha, leaving it helpless to a spacial-rending slash. This means that any mech trying to take on the ZOE Zero-Shifters is going to have to have some way to instantly percieve, comprehend and counter an instantaneous teleport to their backside along with an instant paralysis effect. Zero Shift isn't just teleporting, it's an instant perfect finishing blow, effectively leaving the target confused about your location and disabled for battle momentarily, enough for a behind-the-back finishing blow. And no Domon doesn't have the knowledge or reflexes to keep up with a Zero Shifting Naked Jehuty. Even if he can dodge several of them, after awhile the massive ammounts of spacial compression waves are going to disable the Gundam's systems.

Okay, you got me on this one. I don't know why I suddenly forgot that Jehuty could Zero Shift while I was typing up that section about Jehuty vs. God Gundam. You're definitely correct, though I somehow doubt that Zero Shift's exiting compression wave "paralyzes" the unit anymore than a unit can become paralyzed if they're slammed into a wall by Jehuty in-game. Though this is still a moot point because even if Domon could block the compression wave, he still wouldn't be able to act against Jehuty rushing at him.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:33 am