HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Frame construction 
Inhert

Inhert

Post Re: Frame construction
So far, we have one robot that is pretty close to being "alive":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEVXw-aE3as

In this report they discuss how the robot can eat living things for bio-fuel, or consume conventional gasoline as its power source.

*Self-preservance: CHECK

The robot can also grab certain objects if it feels the need for modification to accomplish a certain task.

*use of imagination for survival/use of tools the way humans do: CHECK

Also,it's been noted that it can rebuild copies of itself from spare materials.

*can reproduce/ self-repair: CHECK

Now all this machine needs is the ability to have emotions,even though they're completely unnecessary.

This is the robot designed to save you, but EAT YOUR ENEMY'S BODY FOR FUEL! Literally, no joke.

Soooo what do you guys think? Is this the closest we've come to having a living machine? Just so you guys know, this machine has already been in the service for 2 years and already has been very effective.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:19 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

But i think that, even if unnecessery, humans would put emotions in it, seeing how we like playing God.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:26 pm
Seeker

Seeker

bleant wrote:
But i think that, even if unnecessery, humans would put emotions in it, seeing how we like playing God.

Yeah, we're pretty good at messing with whatever we can put our hands on...

Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:41 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Mac[A] wrote:
bleant wrote:

Yeah, we're pretty good at messing with whatever we can put our hands on...

Maybe that's why God hasn't killed us yet.
We're the first creatures that can transfer thoughts with full detail through sound and text, and make videos to tell otherwise long stories.

So even though we're the biggest jerks on the planet, driving several animals into extinction and taking cruel advantage of the discovery of the nuclear bomb... we're still facinating enough to watch a little longer before finally getting erased.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:08 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

That's your point, but if i consider religion, my point is another.

My religion (i'm not catholic or evangelic) says that, we are in this planet to learn and to pay for our bad doings in our other lifes, one day, this planet will evolve to a point where only good people will live, and the rest will be sent to another planet.

The inteligence of this planet comes from certain people who made great discoveries, these people came from another planet in the Auriga constellation, in Capella's solar system, it's an evolved planet, full of love and happiness.

But shit i dunno how i managed to shove religion into this, anyways, my point is that we'll never be "erased", the evolved will stay in this planet and the rest will be kicked to another planet in the state earth was when the human race started existing.

That's all, thank for your extreme patience for reading this.

I'll go play super smash bros. NAO.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:53 am
Inhert

Inhert

Your religion thing sounds more like scientology or anything. I have no right to criticize it no matter what I think of it. :)

But hey, further worse is that I'm kindof aetheist-ish. I DO believe there is a creator, but I don't picture him as the high and mighty version of God as you would normally imagine.

I picture him as a massive ball of plasma with its own silent will to create and destroy.Kindof like a giant sun... except that it has a mind of its own and can manipulate matter with 10th-dimensional privileges.

Besides, it's only realistic enough that the ball is perhaps loaded with enough energy to create more than one universe and can travel through our fourth dimension(time) forward or backward.
With the fourth-dimensional privilege, it can go back in time and make changes freely.
SO through quantum physics it's possible to prove his existence, but I don't believe he really wants us to worship him or anything, since he already knows that deep in our quantum-compiled minds that it's all mechanical. Everything we do and say is actually more repetitive than we think, we just simply try to variate how we say it by using different phrases we've learned from other people, or at least use a different word.

So it's like being you, as God, and you make some windup robots walk around aimlessly, and then occasionally make a bowing movement in your direction.
Their "lifetimes" are short, several seconds to you, but you hardly take notice when one out of a several thousand of them ran out of winding.You try to wind them up more next time to give them more time, but their bodies just can't take it.

The thing that TRULY makes us interesting and original is our inventions and how we try to play God. Sure it took us several thousand years to get to it, but we're already able to fly, swim, and launch ourselves into space.

We're the equivalent of wind up toys building a castle of paperballs. Sure its construction is sucky, but the fact that the little tinkers bothered to try something different is already enough to amaze you.They are doing something unexpected.

Now with the 3D computing at our disposal, we try harder than ever to simulate reality through next-gen console video games.

Think about it, who would want to be constantly worshiped every time by people in general who only do it as a ticket to eternal life? I'm pretty sure only a handful of them are actually thankful for their privilege to be alive.

The only reason he exists with his own will is because all religions are based on the same story, as if they were witnesses to this nearly impossible phenomenon.
Normally I'd say there is a coincidence, but no. All of them flow the same way, but from a different perspective. Good enough evidence for me.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:43 am
Seeker

Seeker

I hope we can talk about religion without fighting, that would be a revolution on the internet!!

Anyways, I'm atheist. I respect other religions, but to me the god concept is simply the easiest way we found to answer the questions we couldn't help but ask ourselves. That's it.
Logical flaws: (remember, I'm not bashing religions, just expressing my opinion. Don't kill me!)

-According to, let's say, catholics, God created the universe and the Big Bang theory is just absurd, because how can such an event just happen without any cause?
I completly understand that reasonning but then.. how can your God just happen without any cause as well?
-A classic one: your God is supposed to be good and merciful. Then why do people keep dying meaninglessly? The usual answer is: they deserve it. That's when I answer: do you really think the 2yo child that got killed during a tsunami deserves it?
After that I get that answer: "God's ways are impenetrable". To that, I answer: "then how in hell are you able to say that he is good and merciful?"
And don't get any answer after that ^^.
-When someone asks why does God never do anything significant for us, you usually get that: "God decided to give us the oppurtunity to make our own way, he gave us free will". IM.POSSI.BLE. God is supposed to be omniscient. If he is omniscient, then he doesn't need to give us free will, he will know exactly what happens in any case.
-God is supposed to be superior, incredibly superior... then how can such a mighty being care about something insignificant as gay marriage (among other things)
-God is supposed to be omnipotent. However, omnipotence is simply inconceivable. Try to answer that question:
"can God create a rock that he can not lift?"
You say yes? Then god isn't omnipotent because he can't lift the rock
You say no? Same thing, he can't create the rock, so no omnipotence.

My fav':
Quote:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence someth evil?
Is he nneither able nor willing?
Then why call him God.

Epicurus

That's why for the creator theory, I'm actually leaning to Helldiver's side.
But I think there is no creator... Not in the way we usually think anyways.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:13 am
Inhert

Inhert

Mac[A] wrote:
I hope we can talk about religion without fighting, that would be a revolution on the internet!!

Anyways, I'm atheist. I respect other religions, but to me the god concept is simply the easiest way we found to answer the questions we couldn't help but ask ourselves. That's it.
Logical flaws: (remember, I'm not bashing religions, just expressing my opinion. Don't kill me!)

-According to, let's say, catholics, God created the universe and the Big Bang theory is just absurd, because how can such an event just happen without any cause?
I completly understand that reasonning but then.. how can your God just happen without any cause as well?
-A classic one: your God is supposed to be good and merciful. Then why do people keep dying meaninglessly? The usual answer is: they deserve it. That's when I answer: do you really think the 2yo child that got killed during a tsunami deserves it?
After that I get that answer: "God's ways are impenetrable". To that, I answer: "then how in hell are you able to say that he is good and merciful?"
And don't get any answer after that ^^.
-When someone asks why does God never do anything significant for us, you usually get that: "God decided to give us the oppurtunity to make our own way, he gave us free will". IM.POSSI.BLE. God is supposed to be omniscient. If he is omniscient, then he doesn't need to give us free will, he will know exactly what happens in any case.
-God is supposed to be superior, incredibly superior... then how can such a mighty being care about something insignificant as gay marriage (among other things)
-God is supposed to be omnipotent. However, omnipotence is simply inconceivable. Try to answer that question:
"can God create a rock that he can not lift?"
You say yes? Then god isn't omnipotent because he can't lift the rock
You say no? Same thing, he can't create the rock, so no omnipotence.

My fav':
Quote:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence someth evil?
Is he nneither able nor willing?
Then why call him God.

Epicurus

That's why for the creator theory, I'm actually leaning to Helldiver's side.
But I think there is no creator... Not in the way we usually think anyways.

Whoa epic! Now that's what I call a full understanding of it. But I rather have a bad feeling he might've spent his last bits of energy that he had left within him to create the rest of the universe. Nothing is infinite.

The only way to create solid matter is by giving up a ton of energy.

Though I wonder something, is there more than one "God" or hyper-dimensional being that manipulates the frabric of space and time?

Think about it. What gives him the right to be the only one in existence?
But seriously though, I will never understand how perfectly designed the neural system is. It's hard to believe it came from evolutionary randomness, and it's even harder to believe that a hyper-dimensional being designed us "just-because".
The laws of physics are reduced to the importance of a nagging ex-wife when it comes to crap like this...

Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:55 am
Inhert

Inhert

anyway, we're off topic. Let's get back to the subject of how OF's are likely to be made.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:14 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

The parts that look human may be simply metatron under some kind of elastic thing.

Or metatron has various different forms, like water, gas and ice.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:48 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next