HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:52 pm

ZOE2 SE Survival Game play videos 
Manta

Manta

Post ZOE2 SE Survival Game play videos
Just thought I'd stick these here :)
This is me getting killed 15 kills away from a glorious 500 kills :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSEObtF5YRw Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTbq_Eh2y0 Part 2

I'm a huge ZOE fan, MAINLY because of the sequel.

Needs far more recognition (which it's been slowly getting through hearsay over the last 6 years ^_^).

But just to add some fire to the "OMG WE WANT ZOE 3" fire, I thought I'd record myself doing...adequately well in survival.

I plan to record a few more various ZOE 2 videos, and was considering an EXTREME mode play through (as I find the one on youtube to be quite boring and not particularly impressive).

Hope you enjoy watching this as much as I enjoyed making it :)

Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:20 pm
NARITA

NARITA

Post Re: ZOE2 SE Survival Game play videos
Good gameplay, although I forgot it already... (please forgive me)
hey what did you use to record that? you use an emulator rite. so can you give me some explanation about how it works???

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:03 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

That isn't through an emulator. He hooked up a digital camcorder or used some other device to his TV/PS2 to record the gameplay.

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:03 am
Scanner

Scanner

That was an awesome run.
I was wondering,is that the special edition?
cuz i remember my ntsc version suffered from lag and frame rate hitch when a lot is happening on the screen.I am halfway through now so i want to knwo if it is worth it to make the switch to the special edition PAL version now.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:18 am
NARITA

NARITA

@Qwerty -... man how did you know that???

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:05 am
Scanner

Scanner

Probably because unless you are using a super monster computer.
The game would not run so smooth.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:24 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Quote:
Probably because unless you are using a super monster computer.
The game would not run so smooth.
It's because there were no graphical artifacts in the video and the gameplay framerate is consistent; even with the most powerful gaming computer any enthusiast could build and overclock isn't capable of competing with the PS2.

No version of ZOE/2/SE is artifact-free. I know an artifact when I see one because I've spent enough time to see what they all look like. And I have also hooked up a digital camcorder before as well, so I have visual comparisons/experiences that help me in telling them apart.

Even with a monster computer running at 4GHz you won't get full speed consistently. That video shows consistant framerates of the gameplay (not the video itself); there are no dropped or skipped frames, nor are there any slowdowns that are abnormal to a PS2/PS3.

Today we can play most N64 games and virtually any Gameboy games on PC through emulators at a guaranteed and consistent full speed. Wait a decade or so and we may have powerful enough desktop/modern CPUs that may be able to do the same for PS2.

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:01 pm
NARITA

NARITA

So uhh..., I have the cam & it's cables, what else do I need to record???

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:57 am
Manta

Manta

Hi again :) I'm back with more videos. I've done a lengthy Phobos Vicinity Survival play - 1124 kills.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 7657C1E5F8 There is a playlist with them all so far.

I hope to do an extreme playthrough (of much nicer quality than the one up) and will be uploading what im calling my "cheap speed run" in an attempt to basically finish the game in under an hour, which I do, but I've done it quicker than I manage to here cause I bloody died twice for no reason, and BALL SUCKED on the big...cannon...thing before you get to the underground sphere to fight fake anubis etc...

Here's just how I recorded the videos for the person who wanted to know :)

The easiest way to record gaming videos (and the cheapest as it can get expensive - yes, you have to invest a little bit of money ideally) is to buy yourself some form of external capture card - Search for the Dazzle DVC 100 - not sure what it's price is in USD, but it costs around £25-£40 over in the UK depending whether you get it online or in a major retailer like Curries or Maplin.

The Dazzle DVC 100 capture card (a USB device) basically has 3 COMPOSITE inputs (these are the Red, White Audio and Yellow video cable inputs you find on older TV's and most likely will be the cables you'll have with your PS2 so it can OUTPUT on your TV) and an S-Video input port. S-video gives you better quality, but is expensive.

After that you'll need a splitter. You can (with the software you get with the Dazzle DVC100 - which is the cheapest card) watch and capture footage at teh same time on your computer, but for better gameplay, it's better to do this on your TV. Basically you need a splitter to let 1 output source (your PS2) be output into 2 different devices, one being your computer so you can record the footage and the other to your TV. The splitter must have at least 2 OUTPUT ports to do this. My splitter box cost me £25.

I advise you download a program called Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate (find a cracked version from a safe place) and if you like sony vegas pro 9. People say you should use this to improve the quality of your videos greatly, which it does, but I find it just ads about 3 hours to the whole process (even on fast PCS it encodes slowly) so I'd just honestly, stick with the best capture settings in pinnacle studio 12 (must be in MPEG format) and dont even bother to use the "make movie" fucntion.

When Pinnacle studio 12 captures something, it makes an semi processed MPEG. It's literally what it captures. I've played around and found that simply uploading these to youtube gives you HD quality videos (in terms of youtube anyway) and they're more than acceptable to watch. my videos are probably some of the better ZOE 2 ones out there in terms of quality.

Hope that helps.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:49 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

Quote:
Hi again :) I'm back with more videos. I've done a lengthy Phobos Vicinity Survival play - 1124 kills.
:shock:

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm