HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 ZOE1 & 2 HD Collection Official Thread 
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Re: ZOE1 & 2 HD Collection Official Thread
CaveShinobi wrote:
Bandage131 wrote:
It's been difficult, trying to abstain. And, now that I know the HD Collection will be 40 goddamn bucks, I may not even buy it right away. I could actually give up on my self-imposed ZOE ban.

Well, my mind was already set on the 40 bucks deal, so it doesn't come as any sort of shock to me. It was to be expected. And, at least here where I live, I doubt the price will drop any soon (good thing Amazon UK exists. Pretty sure I'll be able to get it around 35€ or maybe a bit less from there).

One thing I hate with a burning passion, though, is how they make the 40USD and, at the same time, 40€. Would it hurt their wallets that much to make a proper conversion instead of just slapping the same number? I just converted. 40USD is about 30€, give or take a couple cents. It's a steal.

If they make a lot of money on ZOE HD, hopefully Kojima will let someone make ZOE3 :mrgreen:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:33 am
Zakat

Zakat

michael_3dx wrote:
CaveShinobi wrote:
Bandage131 wrote:
It's been difficult, trying to abstain. And, now that I know the HD Collection will be 40 goddamn bucks, I may not even buy it right away. I could actually give up on my self-imposed ZOE ban.

Well, my mind was already set on the 40 bucks deal, so it doesn't come as any sort of shock to me. It was to be expected. And, at least here where I live, I doubt the price will drop any soon (good thing Amazon UK exists. Pretty sure I'll be able to get it around 35€ or maybe a bit less from there).

One thing I hate with a burning passion, though, is how they make the 40USD and, at the same time, 40€. Would it hurt their wallets that much to make a proper conversion instead of just slapping the same number? I just converted. 40USD is about 30€, give or take a couple cents. It's a steal.

If they make a lot of money on ZOE HD, hopefully Kojima will let someone make ZOE3 :mrgreen:

True, here's hoping the extra monies from us Europeans helps Kojima's motivation in making a third game. But I still feel kind of ripped off...

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

I will buy the game twice. Both for PS3 and PS Vita.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

That's all Transfarring is: an excuse to buying to same game several times. The concept is not new with KP, as they released Substance and Subsistance. Even Snake Eater on the 3DS and the HD Collection barrow from the concept of making more money off old products. Only a KP fan can proudly say that they bought the same game, three times, at launch price. Peace Walker was a little bit different, though, since it really isn't an old game yet, but I think the demand for it on PS3 was high enough that Kojima just ignored his original intent.

I don't think the old PS2 era plan to make people buy the same game several times would work with newer products. How many people buy more copies of Metal Gear Solid 4? The hardcore fanbase maybe, and that's all since the original game can be easily found cheap.

In the current incarnation of this system, KP decided to make the Save Files compatible with different systems - I'm surprised they did not find a way to wiggle the Xbox 360 into the mix.

The plan is to make people buy the same product several times. If gamers buys the next KP game on PlayStation 3 and Vita, it would be as if the sales of regular game had just doubled. While different in form from their old plan, the goal is just the same.

And don't take this negatively. I applaud KP for making me willing to buy their re releases several times, but I probably wouldn't spend the money for a Vita and the exact same game twice. At least Substance and Subsistence offered additional content. Whatever makes KP money goes, I guess. And maybe my own personal uninterested in Transfarring is clouding my judgement, but I don't see this being an extremely popular idea, even among most of the hardcore fanbase.

Last edited by VicViper_Leo on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Oh, c'mon, every company double dips, nowadays. Especially now that HD collections are becoming all the rage, so they can slip the games back out there, with the subtle addition of trophies, and a minor HD upgrade. Konami, Capcom, Ubisoft, Edios, Sony, EA... the list goes on. Double dips will always happen.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Absolutely, I'm not saying that double dipping is a bad thing by any means. I was just drawing the link between what KP did and what it is doing now.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:54 pm
Manta

Manta

This stupid fashion to resell games in "HD" and "re-release" them on other consoles is only the reflection of two things:

First: The lack of quality titles and the proliferation of clones of the fashion formula. and
Second: The poor judgment that we have as consumers swallowing games unfinished, DLC's the same day of release, bugs, high prices, etc.

Do not get me wrong, i like buying games, but this whole situation is just OUR fault and will not change until we'll become more responsible customers and stop give them our money for silly reasons like "We must buy this edition to encourage "X" to bring us the new title".

Buy what you want, but do it for the right reasons and not just give away your money for nothing.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

But I think ZOE 2 is the best game ever made (DMC3 being second) so I want it for both PS3 and Vita.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:01 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
As long as HD collections keep getting companies money, they'll keep shoving them out there for us to buy. I will buy two, maybe three HD collections my whole life, and those are MGS and ZOE, and this is solely because of my devotion to both franchises (I proudly say I have 2 PS2 Substances, the PC and Xbox ones as well, and I can't even play the PC one).

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 am
Zakat

Zakat

Well, as for me and HD Collections, I will probably buy only either 3 or 5, total. Two of them (Shadow of the Colossus+Ico and Sly Trilogy; never owned any of these) have already been bought, thanks to some sweet deal on PSN. The other two I intend to buy are the ZoE, MGS and God of War PSP collections. I'm not sure about the MGS and GoW ones, though. If a friend of mine buys the MGS collection and lends it to me, I'm not buying it. And I'm not too sure whether the GoW one is really worth it, since GoW games are "play once, leave gathering dust forever after" titles, for me. On the other hand, I don't even have a PSP and I'd like to play those. I'm leaning more towards not buying, though.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:23 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next