HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:52 am

Friend ignoring me, what would you do in this situation? 
Manta

Manta

Post Friend ignoring me, what would you do in this situation?
I'm having a problem with a close friend of mine, and I was hoping someone might be able to relate a similar experience or provide some advice.

Recently, I did something that succeeded in completely alienating a long time friend of mine. Sadly, although I have a general idea of what it might have been, I'm not really sure what it was that I did. Now, they're going out of their way to ignore me at every turn. They won't tell me why they're upset, let alone speak a word or even acknowledge me. I've been apologizing left and right for everything I can think of, but nothing seems to work. What little advice I've already received consists of "just don't bother with him, he's not your friend anymore", but that isn't an option here. This is someone that I care about and respect greatly, though he may not believe me about that anymore, and I've got no plans on writing him off any time soon.

Has anyone here had to deal with a similar situation? How can I find the solution when I'm not entirely sure of the problem?

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:42 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Re: Friend ignoring me, what would you do in this situation?
Well I must say that the advices you have already received, in my point of view, are the same thing I would say...and plus the fact that I experienced the same situation as you did with someone earlier this year several months ago.

She had her foot down on the subject, gave me no ability to defend or redeem myself; I was given no fair justice in the matter.

There isn't anything you can really do about it if you have done everything you can to "redeem" yourself on your side of things. If you have or feel that you have done all that you could, and yet your friend still doesn't change paths, you might be hopeless. At least I am.

In my definition, I wouldn't consider that a friend -- but I can't really make this judgment since you say "This is someone that I care about and respect greatly, though he may not believe me about that anymore, and I've got no plans on writing him off any time soon," which is pretty much the same thing I can say in regards to my experience.

Generally I would just tell someone that this isn't true friendship, because if it were true, they would express justice in the friendship -- otherwise that would be like dictatorship/taking advantage of the other/being prejudice/unfair/illogical/whatever.

I hope you get a better response than I could come up with. :(

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:51 pm
Battery

Battery

Nitroid, Hi

I can't say that I have much experience of being in that kind of situation but I often give advice to my friends and would say that I am a bit of an agony aunt when it comes to these things lol. Well, first things first, I agree with the advice that you should stop. If you feel there is nothing more that you can do, then don't, simple as that. You will then have to see how this person responds.

I think it might help by thinking from the other person's perspective: it seems that you've done something that their not too happy about and what their basically doing right now is punishing you for it by giving you the ignorance treatment. It might sound very cruel but it makes them feel better about whatever it is that you mightve done by seeing you suffer in some way, and they will keep doing this until either a) they've had enough or b) you've had enough.

What I recommend that you do is be indifferent. Make it clear in one way or another that you've made an effort and have given up. Don't get me wrong im not saying you should actually give up on this person as they obviously mean something to you but what you should do is give the impression that you've given up. This will put them on the back-foot so to speak, and it will get them thinking more clearly i.e they will start to think about things more logically and/or fairly rather than being clouded by anger or any other rash emotions that they might have felt, then they will begin to think that there's nothing more that they can do to make you feel bad about whatever it is that you have done, so they will start thinking about your friendship and whether they still want to have a relationship with you.

What they will most probably do now is confront you about whatever their problem is rather than ignore you about it, this will give you both the opportunity to have it out and talk about it properly. It is then up to you to resolve the issue and ensure that your friendship remains intact.

I hope this helps

Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:28 pm
Manta

Manta

Offer him a blowjob. If it does not work---wait WHO THE FUCK TURNS DOWN A BLOWJOB. This plan is golden.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:03 am
NARITA

NARITA

finalfantasy7 wrote:
Offer him a blowjob. If it does not work---wait WHO THE FUCK TURNS DOWN A BLOWJOB. This plan is golden.

Youre assuming nitroids a girl

Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 pm
NARITA

NARITA

oh btw nitroid do you think somebodys influencing this behaviour in your friend?

Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:14 pm