HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:35 pm

Need advice 
NARITA

NARITA

Post Need advice
Okay, I have just about had it with game stores and online searching. So, I plan on making a ZOE game, only problem, I don't know where to begin, the right software I need, I have no clue even how to write out computer data. So, is there anyone that can help me with this. And if the game gets finished, which chances are it will, I hope to find a way so everyone could play it free of charge. I was thinking of something along the line of game-play of how ZOE 1 and 2 are like but the script, have no clue where to start.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 pm
Spider

Spider

Post Re: Need advice
people usually study that type of thing in school.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:50 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Unreal Development Kit
http://udk.com/download.html

GameMaker
http://www.yoyogames.com/make

Good luck, buddy. I used to be very good with GameMaker, but I can't even get Unreal running on my fossil.

Also, try and take a Computer Science class.

Also, there are some people on http://www.savemgo.com/forums/index.php trying to develop an original MGO remake using Unreal, maybe they could give you some help.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:45 am
NARITA

NARITA

Thanks, this is starting to help out little by little.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:57 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

i wanna be the beta tester =P

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:41 pm
NARITA

NARITA

Once I can make the funds and figure it out, that will be my next step, getting it out to people.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:19 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

On that Unreal Dev Kit, there is a forum where (I think) you can post your projects for download. The only problem is that it would be a massive download...

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:12 pm
NARITA

NARITA

Well, I am downloading the stuff now and will be drawing up ideas, if anyone has some advice for ideas and stuff, post them. I am starting an idea where you play in a LEV and you fight other LEVs, or a OF against LEVs in a game of survival or something like that. Just imagine MW2 mixed in as ZOE

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:25 pm
NARITA

NARITA

Okay, well, a bug happened. Hate to say it but gamemaker is out the window. The file has a trojan virus in it and I found it when i tried to play the sample tutorial game I made. So, any other sugestions, thanks for the help anyways.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:54 pm
NARITA

NARITA

The UDK works, however, I need a tutorial or something to work with it. Also, the game play part seamed extremely slow so i wonder if its my laptop or the game itself.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:31 am