HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

Hypothetical scenario on sleep deprivation 
Zakat

Zakat

Post Hypothetical scenario on sleep deprivation
This weird idea just hit me. No, I don't intend to test it, but hear me out.

Imagine: what would happen if you didn't sleep for a whole week? I have this thought, it's completely absurd, but it'd be pretty damn awesome (and possibly horrible) if it worked like that.
Know how, sometimes, you can solve some stuff in your dreams that you couldn't understand while awake? Or how sometimes you can even predict events in dreams (hence most déjà vu moments)? This leads me to question if the human unconscious is more advanced and effective, or if it's just because our senses are shut. I'll go with it being more advanced just for the sake of the scenario (most likely the wrong option, but whatever, this is more of a fun idea based on some real facts. Emphasis on "some").

Now, you know how your vision gets muddy and you keep going against things when you're sleep deprived, right? And even how you're still kind of dreaming right after you wake up, but are still sleeping a bit? Now mix this state of passive dormancy and more effective mind. Voilá! You're instantly in a state where everything around you is not real and your intellect is capable of surpassing that of any other waking person. You're basically constantly stoned, hallucinating, even -- you're probably living a lucid dream in massive scale. You would be a danger walking (going against shit and such) and you would suck at talking with others, but the world you perceived would pretty much be whatever you wanted it to be.

I don't know if anyone already did this, but it'd be a pretty kickass film/book. If nobody has done that yet... I'M CALLING DIBS.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:18 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Post Re: Hypothetical scenario on sleep deprivation
it exists and it's called lucid dreaming. it's where a user can control his own dreams consciously.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:31 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Uh, dude... quoting from the opening post:
Quote:
You're basically constantly stoned, hallucinating, even -- you're probably living a lucid dream in massive scale.

I already know we can consciously control dreams, but I'm trying to convey a completely different scale here. Not just sleeping and controlling those dreams, but rather being awake, physically standing and having your dream seep into the real world. Not taking yourself to the dream, but bringing the dream to yourself.

Like I said in the OP; not saying this is actually possible. This is all a completely hypothetical scenario based on a wild idea.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:04 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Hm kinda like agumented reality, where the imaginary objects are visible in the real world, but only to you?

Interesting. I guess getting high and hallucinating on drugs can cause that effect. Not entirely sure though...

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 pm
Zakat

Zakat

helldiver450 wrote:
Hm kinda like agumented reality, where the imaginary objects are visible in the real world, but only to you?

Interesting. I guess getting high and hallucinating on drugs can cause that effect. Not entirely sure though...

Yeah, kinda like that.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:46 am
Inhert

Inhert

I dunno man. If someone can hack the brain's optic lobe and force it to activate the sleep dream processes while awake, it could cause some hallucinogetic effects which... can allow me to kiss Twilight Sparkle in real life=

Oh baby.. If only you were human... [trollface]

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:00 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

I dunno guys, I really like my sleep. I probably get more than 12 hours of sleep per day. I don't know how I'd go a whole week without it!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 pm