HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

Once again this site disappointed me... 
Manta

Manta

Post Re: Once again this site disappointed me...
Hi,

I think I've got the gist of this entire thread now. Basically people wanted to get videos recorded of game play.

Rather than getting new computers to emulate the game, just go out n buy the Equipment you need and do it properly through your TV/Computer/PS2 MUCH cheaper :P

You simply need:

Either a video in card in your PC or an external USB DV capture device (the Dazzle DVC 100 being the cheapest and most reliable I've heard about - it's the one I use)

A splitter for your AV in and outs (you really need one as it's just not practical to play the game viewing the footage on your computer for the best gameplay results) You need one with as many inputs ports as you like, you're only going to be using 1 (your PS2) and at least 2 outputs (one to go to your DV capture device in your PC and the other to your TV so you can see what the hell you're doing)

2 RCA cables (red, white and yellow AV cables) these are to connect your DVC device and your TV to the outputs in your splitter.

Tha'ts about it. The lot cost me £80, but if you go online you'll probably find it all for around £60 or so unless you want better equipment ^_^

Not sure if people are still wanting recordings of Zone of the Enders 2 gameplay videos, but I've proper recording equipment at home - already got a few reasonable quality videos on youtube if you fancy having a look. I've got all the original files if anyone wants them, and I've a rapidshare premium account so there would be a reliable place to upload them all if need be.

I'll take request too. Not played ZOE 2 properly for...probably a year or so until recently (I've a couple of days free before I get back to my illustration).

So let me know and I'll get going on it :D

Here is my Youtube Channel link [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/theelostriots9999[/url] which has all my videos in it so far.

I want to redo the speed run, do an extreme difficulty run and Just some other general bits using all the Jehuty types.

I've got a boss sequence run to upload too.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:13 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Re: Once again this site disappointed me...
1. PCSX2 is the only successful PS2 emulator available, and it is not a dead emulator. They won't stop developing and improving it until they have a reason to quit.

2. You don't have to have Windows XP. Windows XP does not support DirectX10, and the PCSX2 development team recommends DirectX10 for improved performance. The only way to get that is by using Vista. I have my PCSX2 setup and optimized for my 64-bit Vista Ultimate.

3. The reason I say "new computer" instead of "upgrade" is because your hardware is too old to be capable of what it needs to be capable of. Your processor is so outdated compared to modern CPUs (doesn't matter if they are low-end or high-end) that it does not have the latest built-in architecture instructions like SSSE4 and EMT64 (or whatever it is). These are necessary to the performance and functionality of PCSX2. If your processor doesn't have the necessary architecture instructions, which all the latest processors do, then it's no surprise that the emulator doesn't work for you.

As for the PS2 BIOS, you can IM me for information.

But as mentioned, the cheapest route for you guys would be the method zeroshift0 is using. Another method, which he may have already mentioned, is to buy a TV Tuner card. A TV Tuner card is basically like taking your TV and putting it in your computer; you can hookup your PS2 to to this device and play from your CRT or LCD monitor. Some TV Tuner applications support recording -- so with one card, you've got everything you need to record your play.

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:45 pm