HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Once again this site disappointed me... 
Scanner

Scanner

Post Re: Once again this site disappointed me...
mine is c2d e6600 2.4 ghz
2 gb ddr2 667 mhz ram
nvidia 9500gt

my pc is in the mid-range.even so,i cant emulate ps2 games properly so i stick to playing ZOE on the ps2.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:25 am
Ardjet

Ardjet

ShadowRunner wrote:
Hey Gado, what's your pc specs???

oh i get it nao, after reading a bit of you guise stuff

CPU
intel pentium proscessor
SU2700 (1.3GHz,800MHz FSB)
------
VGA
intel GMA 4500MHD
up to 1244 MG

LCD 15.6 HD LED LCD
memory 3GB DDR3 memory
HDD 320 GB HDD
WLAN Acer Nplify 802.1 1b/g/n

dunno what it means but they are there

EDIT
i can't emulate any PS2 emulators AT ALL
i need the windows XP (it says so in the system requirememts of the emulater)
and i has windows shitty vista D= (witch it came with)

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:18 pm
NARITA

NARITA

Qwerty wrote:
Please know that to playback any video of any resolution (including 1920x1440) takes very minimal computer power. If you have a 1024x768 desktop resolution, a video of 1920x1440 would simply and automatically be downscaled to fit the desktop resolution. If you have a 1920x1440 desktop resolution, then good for you. If you get any higher desktop resolutions than 1920x1440, the video is upscaled and technically quality is being lost.

Really? a friend of mine downloaded an HQ Anime episodes (1280x720). he said it lags soo much that he didn't want to see it. it even got stuck for a few times. well, this is his specs:

Quote:
RAM: 512 MB
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
Graphic Card: None

his pc can only support not more than 1024x768, he added.

Quote:
That's stupid and errorneous logic.

that's not logic, that's statement.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:47 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

Quote:
his pc can only support not more than 1024x768, he added.
Desktop resolution limitations are only a factor if (1) the monitor you are using does not natively support any higher and Windows has "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" checked, (2) you do not have VGA drivers installed and are running Windows in "VGA Mode," (3) you do not have a VGA, which would either come as a video card, onboard, or both.

Quote:
Graphic Card: None
Sounds to me like he never installed his video accelerator drivers and the CPU is doing all the work. My previous system, having an AMD Athlon XP 1.4 GHz and also 512 MB of RAM, but with video accelerators installed, could handle HD movies of the same resolution just fine.

It doesn't matter what system you have -- if you don't have any video accelerator drivers installed, the CPU is going to be doing 100% of the work rendering things. When you first install Windows without any video drivers automatically installed, you open up a window and grab it by the header and try to move it around the screen quickly, it will chug and not be smooth.

If you do not have a video accelerator, let alone the drivers that go with that installed, performance is extremely hindered; CPUs were not designed for dedicated playback of videos.

Quote:
that's not logic, that's statement.
It is logic because logic deals with the principals of reasoning, and in your statement you reason that if one plays a game on their computer at a native 1920x1440 resolution and takes a screenshot to find that the buttom half was cut off, then instead of the blaming and placing fault on the software for having such bug, you blame an entity within the situation that has little to do with the actual problem (or the "root" of the problem). To kill a problem, you have to tackle it by its roots. You don't kill a weed by lawn mowing it.

To simplify what I just wrote, here is another illustration: it's like blaming guns for killing people. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. You are blaming guns (user for no logical reason), and I am blaming people (software bug).

High resolution gaming (2048x1536 and higher) has been around for a number of years now, and Fraps is a very widely and well known and used application for recording and screenshot taking. The developers of Fraps told me that this bug existed in only a few known games/applications and that they were fixing it.

If you say that there is no logical connection between the user and the bug of only half the picture being taken, then I must say -- welcome to planet Earth! :)

Anyway, I'm more about helping people than I am for things like the above, as one could easily take it offensively. If you are a critical thinker, you will not take that offensively. A critical thinker is always open minded, willing to learn, and seeks truth.

If you would like me to assist in fixing your friend's problem, then I would recommend you get in touch with me through AIM/MSN/ICQ/YIM/Jabber/GTalk (you can find details in my account profile here or at my blog at http://www.joyunbound.com/?page_id=31).

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:24 pm
NARITA

NARITA

So in other words you need at least a grapic card installed to make it work.
never knew it was involved in playback though...

actually what I wrote to you roughly translates "lol you're so screwed" in case if you wanna know. they already provided the software with given limitations, but you still want more that why. so i'm mentioning my 'statement' towards you...

EDIT: eh wait, did you mean bug!? so that means..., it's something that interfere with the normal functions of the software???
gah! lol I didn't notice that. sorry...>_>

when I am asking questions, i'm sure gonna get a little bit, offensive respond of others, but yeah i'm a critical thinker so I will not take it so personally. no offense.

just hope it works cuz we need to submit the promo vid after through discussion.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:43 am
Ardjet

Ardjet

i also need that graphic card thingie to play PS2 emulaters
(i want to play star ocean undub version)

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am
NARITA

NARITA

I need somebody's guide to help me with the emulations...

oh shit this thread is going to sway off-course if the other members didn't share their thoughts.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

Quote:
Your system isn't capable or strong enough. You should invest $700 to $1200 in a new computer. But if you still want to try, contact me through IM and I can get you all the materials you need to get started with PCSX2.

@ShadowRunner Everything on your system looks good except that your processor is lacking in some power. I am unsure of how good the E2200 series is at overclocking. You should check and ask around at hardforum.com and overclock.net. On air you will probably have to get a better heatsink, assuming that you are using its stock heatsink and fan. You will need at least 2.8GHz to get even barely-playable framerates, but a 600MHz overclock shouldn't be difficult. I don't know what motherboard you have; this is important too, because some motherboards won't let you overclock well/very far, or won't even let you modify that kind of stuff. If have a manufactured machine, like a Dell or something, there are good chances that you won't be able to overclock (or will be extremely restricted).

But I can also give you a boost with PCSX2.

PCSX2 works best under a 64-bit operating system. There is a huge performance difference between DirectX9 and DirectX10, so if you want this "performance boost," Vista or 7 is a must use (I do not know how well PCSX2 works on 7). Your video card supports DX10 and SM3 shaders as far as I know, so this is a good thing.

Intel C2Q Q9450 Yorkfield 12MB L2-Cache @ 3.2GHz, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel, Corsair 750TX, ATI VisionTek Radeon HD4850 512MB, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-II, 200GB Maxtor IDE-150, Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:42 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

Qwerty wrote:
Quote:
Your system isn't capable or strong enough. You should invest $700 to $1200 in a new computer. But if you still want to try, contact me through IM and I can get you all the materials you need to get started with PCSX2.

well i dissagree in the "new computer" part, cuz the PS2 emulaters is a bit old
besides, in the system requirements it says i need the windows XP thingie
and i have shitty vista, and i've tried downloading it (like 5 times) and still nothing (the emulater)

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:47 pm
NARITA

NARITA

My problem is only about the bios thingy.
I think other problems might arose later...

Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next