HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:55 pm

Almost none actibity? 
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Almost none actibity?
Seriously people? Where's everyone, why does no one say anything anymore? I'm worried!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:36 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

Post Re: Almost none actibity?
im quite relieved to see this...

look bro as you can see, this series is DEAD
the forums are DEAD

there is almost nothing else to talk about
this is not the first time it's happened actually, there have been times when we don't even post for months (even fox bro isn't around anymore)

its good to see a dedicated fan showing some--- dedication
you'll have to get used to it sometime

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:13 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Well, there has been some activity around, lately, but as Gado said, the series is basically dead; it's only understandable if the community is also dead, especially when ZoE isn't the most known franchise around.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:52 pm
Inhert

Inhert

yeah, and the ZOEOA hasn't had many updates recently because I'm taking a short break from it to focus on my other projects.
Besides, telling from the very honest review on the game I got earlier, I have a TON of things to fix in this game.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:51 am
Spider

Spider

I kind of agree with Gado, loathe as I am to admit it, there's been no action from the Z.O.E. series in ages and it takes it's toll on the community.
Personally I still check the site daily but unfortunately 75%+ of the posts nowadays relate to Helldiver's fan-game.
If there were some discussion about actual Z.O.E. I think people might post a 'tad more often.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:12 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Yea, I haven't been as active either. I try to check back often, but, like Paragorne said, most of the posts these days are about the fan game. And don't get me wrong, I think helldriver is doing a good thing to try and put some life into the ZOE fanbase. This isn't like Metal Gear, Konami doesn't continuously announce and release ZOE games. The series hasn't been touched in years, and it doens't look like it's going to change anytime soon.

To be honest, despite everything Kojima says, I can't see a true ZOE3 ever coming out.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:16 pm
Inhert

Inhert

VicViper_Leo wrote:
Yea, I haven't been as active either. I try to check back often, but, like Paragorne said, most of the posts these days are about the fan game. And don't get me wrong, I think helldriver is doing a good thing to try and put some life into the ZOE fanbase. This isn't like Metal Gear, Konami doesn't continuously announce and release ZOE games. The series hasn't been touched in years, and it doens't look like it's going to change anytime soon.

To be honest, despite everything Kojima says, I can't see a true ZOE3 ever coming out.

yeah probably a spinoff from the Vic Viper side of the story. like how they did with Raiden from metal gear.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:40 pm
Zakat

Zakat

helldiver450 wrote:
yeah probably a spinoff from the Vic Viper side of the story. like how they did with Raiden from metal gear.

Now that I think of it... it would be very likely that they'd make a game covering the gap between ZoE and ZoE2, when Leo started piloting Vic Viper alongside Rock.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 pm
Inhert

Inhert

exactly. I wouldn't be too surprised. But I bet it would only be for PSP or something...

they would probably do something cheap as porting the ZOE engine to psp in order to recycle the engine one last time on a lower-gen console and do the story there.

Then after 2 more years of waiting, ZOE 3 finally comes to ps3 with a bunch of unfamiliarities that will sicken the ZOE fans. For example, the style difference between ZOE1 and 2 are SIGNIFICANT. Meanwhile ZOE 2 in comparison has a more of a B-movie theme with scripting just as bad. Of course, the game's beautiful graphics, engine, and fast-paced story distract you from all of these mistakes, and makes itself a great game. However, story-wise it's not very well-developed.

TO be quite frank, the ZOE 1 story was rather unique, dark, depressing, and just... perfect. Sure the gameplay may have sucked, but the story kept true to the ZOE universe just as ZOE: Idolo did. (no offense, but Dolores was too much of a happy-go-lucky story until episode 14)

The zoe universe is supposed to be a dark/depressing world in which every character is somehow related to the plot, for example: Viola in ZOE 1 and the Idolo movie, Nohman in Dolores and ZOE 1&2.(he was absolutely of no importance in the Dolores series, wtf)

Then to top it off, ZOE 1 & 2 special edition with online 4-player gameplay capabilities like Metal Gear on the psp, of course with a major graphics downgrade and mind-raping control configurations including holding or double tapping buttons once easily accessible on the ps2.

Of course, the ps3 title will probably feature shiny mechs( much like Jehuty in my ZOEOA trailer), bump-mapping, motion blur, but a strange new story.

Why a strange story? Because we're used to having Leo jumping aboard Jehuty and duking it out with Nohman and Viola. Now that Nohman is obliterated in Aumaan, and the "Viola AI" is permanently deleted, what happens now?
A tacky, random, poorly written story.

Hideo may want to think this through before releasing any speculations and letting down his fans.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:32 pm
Spider

Spider

See?
As soon as we start discussing something the place livens up,

Truth be told I started the series on ZOE2, friend got ZOE1 for the MGS2 demo and got into the series from there then introduced me.
So my expectation of the series was/is robots tearing around in the air slicing things up at high-speed. The story in ZOE2 was...well let's say Hideo could've done better. However I don't think most people cared because it was such a step forward for the game play compared to ZOE1.

I'm actually hoping ZOE3 does the same thing: tight controls, insane difficulty curve (I'm looking at you European Extreme mode), creative and stylish mechs and generally just great fun to play.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:33 am