HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

Frame construction 
Scanner

Scanner

Post Frame construction
I've always had a question that could never really be answered. Now the in almost all mech games or anime, one usually sees how a machine is constructed or repaired.

In ZOE we've seen they absorb energy or more Metatron to repair themselves, but how are they built from the ground up? In some cases, like Aumaan Anubis, the only parts that seemed to be constructed by hand look to be the canopy (I'm tired of the cockpit joke, so I call it that) and what may be like a spine of sorts that runs to the head. Everything else seems to be like a really thick material, like the limbs are a solid material, but able to flex and bend.

What I'm asking is do they construct a mold, and lock the canopy/cockpit and spine inside and pour in melted down Metatron? :?: Any ideas out there?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:07 pm
Ardjet

Ardjet

Post Re: Frame construction
if the series were more popular you'll probably have an answer

but things just happen in there just because.

im kinda curious now that you mention it, but no i dunno

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:30 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

toward the end of ZOE 2 you couls see the armor of Jehuty slowly getting destoryed until becoming Naked. it a fusion of normal mech technology fused with Metatron based technology

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:05 pm
Seeker

Seeker

You should check Dolores, i last episode: you can see Hathor almost cut in half. Thanks to that we're able to see what contains an orbital frame and... well, it's not what I expected. In Hathor's case, at least, it's very... mineral. As if Hathor was a rock, a moving rock.
But it could very well be animation laziness, making internal gears would be much more time consuming.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:29 pm
Inhert

Inhert

pfft, the ENTIRE SERIES WAS POORLY ANIMATED! Almost half of the show was nothing but fillers until you get introduced to Rebecca, which then relates to Radam/Radium and the story REALLY begins...

Seriously, the Idolo movie was almost a trainful of garbage. Almost the entire movie consisted of crappy battle animation, and almost all of the movie consisted of boring talk scenes. Then, when we finally get to the final battle and Idolo's awakening, we finally see Idolo kicking ass and taking names as if it was God of the battlefield- but of course, in very poorly done animation until the last 15 seconds of the fight before it gets shot to shreds. Only THEN, they incorporate CG cellshading, smooth animation, etc. Almost as if they didn't care about the battles and just wanted Idolo's death to be a spectacularly animated masterpiece.

The battle scenes were poorly detailed and choppy, but the death animation was done at 35 fps. Whereas the battle animations were at 12 fps.
I think the creators of the Idolo movie just wanted it to die or something.
If I loved a mecha I created, I'd make its battle scenes beautiful and as memorable as the Evangelion and Eureka 7 series. If i hated my movie, I'd make all of his battle scenes look like crap, but I'd make his death/ending spectacular and dramatic.

At least they got what they wanted. Seeing Idolo go down like that made me lose a tear the first time I watched it.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:29 pm
Seeker

Seeker

Yep, we agree on that :p. When I watched Idolo, I did like the movie though, because I LOVE when the hero is crazy/a douchebag/turns bad (and because Idolo is awesome). In addition to that, there is ONE music from the OST that is absolutly marvelous: Hiai Naru Tougi (you can find it on youtube). It starts when Radium completly loose it and start hallucinating with a dead Dolores in his arms ^^. Just beautiful. It's actually in my top 3 of ZOE soundtracks:
1/ Beyond the Bounds (even if half the lyrics don't make any sense :p)
2/ Ardjet
3/Hiai Naru Tougi

Regarding Dolores, i, I have nothing to say, it's just a crappy anime. I only liked the last battle because of all the oribtal elevator physic thing. Anything before makes me want to puke. SOOOO cheesy. Exemple: James Links basicaly manages to stop the conflict between Mars and Earth simply by saying that people living on different planets is the same as living in different country, so it's not a problem... SERIOUSLY? That's enough to stop a war that's been going on for like a decade?
Worse: DO.LO.RES. Come on, how can you humiliate the whole Orbital Frame project like that? During the entire thing, that stupid A.I. turned a decent show into something unwatchable.

Anyways, I'm off topic. All I want to say is that the show is crappy so I highly doubt they bothered with stuff like OF mechanic. That's why I said that maybe if Hathor lacks internal details it's because the staff was too lazy.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:18 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Actually, I kinda liked the AI, since she influenced the story greatly through the show and provided some cute moments. I just wish she wasn't inside the damned mech in the first place. But if she was an adorable little sidekick that would sit on his lap during battle, she would've been lovable.
Anyhow, even while in the mech, she was still moderately fun as a character, and amazing towards the end of the series. I just simply hated the crappy fillers that ran through half of the entire series.

You know, we can always make our very own revamped version of ZOE and make our very own fan series. To avoid lawsuits, just put "fan series" in the title.

I currently have the people and technology to get the job done.

I just need to finish my other projects before i swamp myself with this one.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:21 am
Inhert

Inhert

Alrighty, here's one thing I really want to know.

IS ZOE A BIO-MECHA, OR A SUPER-ROBOT FRANCHISE?

Seriously, the Orbital Frames display some strange properties at times...
For example, when Idolo got his wings shot off, I saw..... blood?

But then when you look at the rest of the show you hear mechanical sounds.

For some reason, that weird black stuff Idolo is covered with seems to have cloth-like properties, as if it were trying to hide something from the viewer.
Even when Idolo was getting blown apart, the details were too poorly drawn so we couldn't even see the inner-workings of the orbital frames.

Anyhoo, as for the armor, I'm confident that the only material that could come close to it is plastic, since it is widely used for everything and can be molded into any shape cheaply.
Simply speaking, plastic is something like metatron.
It has almost no value, is widely used, you can be poisoned by its chemicals, is lightweight, flexible, and of course.... is cheap.

The only things plastic can't do is harbor other people's souls(seriously, first Dolores's, and then Viola's?!), and conduct electricity.

But hey, we're kinda gettin' there 8D

BTW I plan on making Windows ZOE themes with custom task bars and wallpapers, but I need some spare time for that :P

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:45 am
Cyclops

Cyclops

It's Metatron, so, we can't say anything about it at all, because it's a new metal, my guess is that it can do pretty much anything, it's name means "the closest to the throne"(meta = closest, tron = throne) so, we saw it's capability of converting energy into material, and it has infinite energy as it seems, it never stops flying and the AI never stops working.

It seems that metatron is an alive metal, that with time, can improve, in IDOLO we see that not even Dr. Links knew avout IDOLO capabilities(when IDOLO destroys a LEV with the burst attack in a demonstration), if she works on the team and doesn't know about all of that, metatron was then acting by itself!

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:40 am
Seeker

Seeker

Depends on your definition of alive. I think Metatron is alive in the same way a tree is. It's not conscious or anything to me. The "will of metatron" is simply some sort of instinct.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:18 pm