HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 am

Kojima Secret Project 
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Re: Kojima Secret Project
helldiver450 wrote:
I'll make any mechs and animated cutscenes you need.
Just say the word, and I will begin working immediately.

Thanks HellDiver450. I will need some time to learn some new tools and to make/design a prototype first.

I'm thinking about making a 2D game rendered in 3D, like IrrZOE but with larger maps.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:38 am
Scanner

Scanner

michael_3dx wrote:
My guess is that Kojimas's staff does not know how to make a proper ZOE game that will live up to our expectations.
Damn, your pessimism killed this thread :cry:

michael_3dx wrote:
I'm thinking about making a 2D game rendered in 3D
I'm glad to see ZOE live on by its fans

Maybe we should have some contest with fan made stuff?

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:25 am
Zakat

Zakat

DanteMad wrote:
michael_3dx wrote:
My guess is that Kojimas's staff does not know how to make a proper ZOE game that will live up to our expectations.
Damn, your pessimism killed this thread :cry:

I wouldn't say he's being pessimist. It's a completely valid possibility. It's like he says - KojiPro is used to making stealth games. When they started doing MGR, they got stumped and had to outsource it to Platinum Games. If we're ever going to see ZoE, it'll probably get the same treatment as MGR - and I don't oppose that one single bit.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:20 pm
Cyclops

Cyclops

CaveShinobi wrote:
It's like he says - KojiPro is used to making stealth games. When they started doing MGR, they got stumped and had to outsource it to Platinum Games. If we're ever going to see ZoE, it'll probably get the same treatment as MGR - and I don't oppose that one single bit.
So, guys? What company do you think should make ZOE3?
* Platinum Games (did MGR)
* Mercury Steam (did Castlevania),
* Capcom (did DMC),
* Tecmo (did Ninja Gaiden),
* Ready At Dawn (did PSP Daxter and PSP God of War)
* From Software (did AC) ...

EDIT:
Could this be start for the next ZOE: :mrgreen: http://www.examiner.com/article/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-dev-forming-a-long-term-partnership-with-konami

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:23 am
Scanner

Scanner

Castlevania is closer to ZOE than MGS, but I Think it is more likely that Platinum Games makes it.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:02 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

I guess if ZOE3 were to be outsourced, it would make sense to to give to a company that has already developed mech games. In that light, From Software stands out to me. Although, I have never played Another Century's Episode, I've heard it is supposed to be good. On the other hand, Zone of the Enders does have some sort of sword mechanic, so maybe Platinum Games or Tecmo would be better suited for that. However, from a design perspective, I'm not sure how similar sword play in Ninja Gaiden or Metal Gear Rising is to Zone of the Enders. Similarly, I am not certain that those companies could faithfully create the other elements of a ZOE game, as well as just the sword combat.

I will say, about Metal Gear Rising, I don't think it was outsourced really because of KP's overall incompetence. If I remember correctly, I think they were having problems with how the cutting mechanic would work in destructible environments, or something like that, among other design problems that arose. If that's the case, I really think similar problems could have happened to any team - especially one without development experience (remember, the MGS4 team went to Peace Walker and Rising was left to a new team). While giving an ambitious project to a fresh team did not work last time, those people do all have more experience now. When you factor in that Kojima himself would be at the head of any new ZOE game, I think the need to outsource the development vanishes.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 am
Zakat

Zakat

VicViper_Leo wrote:
When you factor in that Kojima himself would be at the head of any new ZOE game, I think the need to outsource the development vanishes.

I guess that's true.

Just reiterating my 2cents, though, if it ever were to be outsourced, I'd have more faith in Platinum than most anyone else. I'll just say that pretty much every Platinum game I've played so far is pretty good in terms of gameplay and replay value, and they're mostly focused on action games. Haven't played MGR yet, but I think that Bayonetta, Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns (mostly the first two, though) are really shining examples of action done right. Not to mention that the people working at Platinum are people who have worked on Devil May Cry and Okami. I think that's saying something.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:37 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
VicViper_Leo wrote:
I will say, about Metal Gear Rising, I don't think it was outsourced really because of KP's overall incompetence. If I remember correctly, I think they were having problems with how the cutting mechanic would work in destructible environments, or something like that, among other design problems that arose. If that's the case, I really think similar problems could have happened to any team - especially one without development experience (remember, the MGS4 team went to Peace Walker and Rising was left to a new team). While giving an ambitious project to a fresh team did not work last time, those people do all have more experience now. When you factor in that Kojima himself would be at the head of any new ZOE game, I think the need to outsource the development vanishes.

Metal Gear Solid Rising was cancelled because the KojiPro team couldn't get stealth and cutting shit up to work well together. By the end of the KojiPro development, they had already seriously scaled down the destructible environments. They went to Platinum (who had action game experience from Devil May Cry) so that their main team didn't have to learn how to make a different kind of game, then go back to stealth action. Smart move as far as I'm concerned.

I was surprisingly happy with the final product (though I don't really consider it a part of the Metal Gear canon, because I felt that MGS4 was a damn fine ending to the Metal Gear canon, and they shouldn't have fucked with it). I was a little disappointed that it wasn't the interquel that we were promised, but at least the game was good.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:28 pm