HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am

Death Stranding 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post Death Stranding
Do you guys think Death Stranding will come out this year or in 2020?

A lot of games journalists are predicting that the game cannot come out this year, essentially that Kojima announced the game too early as he had to build a new team before development could be at full production. I understand the point, but I think it's based on the idea that since the trailers have not really provided any details on the game, that the game must be earlier on in development.

I don't think that is the case. I think the lack of transparency is coming from a variety of sources:

An intentional lack of information from Kojima: he has a history of manipulating expectations to keep the game surprising.

A lack of American staff members at KP: really the only time KP was ever very good at community outreach was when Ryan Payton and Sean Eyestone produced the Kojima Productions Report, those days are gone, but Aki Saito is trying to recapture something like that on Twitter.

Circumstances outside of his control: he teased being at The Game Awards all year long - one of his favorite events and is hosted by a good friend - only for him to pull out at the last minute? Death Stranding was even included in promotional videos for the event. I just can't believe that was part of some big scheme or Kojima ploy, he probably intended to go but something outside of his control prevented it. Perhaps Sony wants to showcase the game at PSX since they pulled out of E3?

This is speculation, of course, but it just relies on fewer assumptions than anything else.

I think the game is likely going to come out in late 2019 or possibly early 2020, and I base this on various different articles and comments. At this point everyone is aware of Kojima's comment about the game coming out before the year Akira is set in, and then his comment about how development is on schedule. But in recent weeks there have been additional comments that lead me to believe the game is going to come sooner rather than later.

Norman Reedus saying, "I think it’s gonna be early this coming year"

Furthermore, Kojima showed Death Stranding to Guerrilla Games, Joe Penna (the director of a move starring Mads Mikkelsen), and Jordan Vogt-Roberts (the director of the Metal Gear Solid movie).

While Norman Reedus probably is not aware of specific release windows, I would guess he probably knows about how far along the game is in development, considering that he is the main character and has such a close relationship with Kojima. Additionally, I would find it hard to believe that Kojima would be showing the game to so many people if we were still over a year away from release, just seems like jumping the gun.

Last bumped by VicViper_Leo on Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:19 pm.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:19 pm