HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

Currently Playing 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post Currently Playing
What have you guys been playing lately?

Obviously, Death Stranding is number one on my list since it's brand new. I also picked up Persona 5 about a month ago and am slowly working my way through it (I'm not as addicted to the game as I thought I'd be, everyone I know who plays it is in love with it), and I also have the Resident Evil 2 Remake in my backlog to finish up.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:30 am
Scanner

Scanner

Post Re: Currently Playing
Currently I'm playing on mobile games (because I'm mostly on road....) and these are what I'm playing now:
- Granblue Fantasy (AAAAAHHHH..... I miss that Jehuty (!) summon so much TT_TT.....)
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia (on global server)
- Magia Record (on Chinese server)
- Fate/Grand Order (on NA server)

Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:13 pm
Manta

Manta

Minecraft and NEW Super Mario Bros. 2.

I can't wait to play DS!
I've been so busy I haven't put time aside to play it yet orz

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:22 am
Zakat

Zakat

I'm mainly gaming on my PC, consoles are collecting dust.

I'm playing Overwatch, Halo: Reach, Warframe and I most recently finished MGS4 using a PS3 emulator (RPCS3) - It ran surprisingly well all things considered.

I'm probably going to play Demon's Souls next since that runs at a solid 60fps with the emulator.

Done Requests: Request #1 Request #2

Highly inactive, But still visit from time to time.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:32 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

That's pretty interesting Fox, I've always heard about how notoriously difficult it is for people to emulate PlayStation 3 so definitely cool that it actually runs well. Did you like MGS4?

Bogcsa, I've never heard of Granblue Fantasy but I checked it out, and dang that's a cool cameo in the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKDCcbdKulk

I finished Death Stranding a while back. My overall thoughts on it are very positive especially from a gameplay and story standpoint. The writing and performances in the cut scenes were fantastic and a pleasure to watch (with some very surprising and shocking cutscenes as well). The atmosphere is on point. Definitely something I'm going to want to play again for sure.

I do have some nitpicks, with my most major one being that the game is still structured in mission menus and results screens exactly like Peace Walker and Phantom Pain. I prefer a more continuous storyline and while the mission based structure seems to work well in portable games like Portable Ops and Peace Walker, to me it felt kind of strange in Phantom Pain and is exacerbated by seemingly generic side ops. Death Stranding is pretty much the same structure in that regard, and over time I stopped doing anything that wasn't a story mission.

Overall though I definitely felt like Death Stranding lived up to the hype, I'm very excited to see what comes next now.

What I've been playing lately is Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox. It's a World War II grand strategy game; I used to play a bunch of their older games (Victoria II, Europa Universalis IV) with some friends but we've kind of fallen out of it - I'm hoping to revive that so if anyone plays these games and is interested in starting a HOI IV campaign let me know! I'm definitely still at the beginner level on this game though.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:13 am
Zakat

Zakat

VicViper_Leo wrote:
That's pretty interesting Fox, I've always heard about how notoriously difficult it is for people to emulate PlayStation 3 so definitely cool that it actually runs well. Did you like MGS4?

I loved MGS4, and in my opinion it should have been the final entry to the MGS series. MGSV was very disappointing to say the least, and Survive shouldn't even be mentioned.

I haven't played Death Stranding yet since I'm waiting for the PC release - but I'm honestly not feeling hyped at all about it. Knowing it has that same god-awful MGSV mission structure doesn't help.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:25 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

I'm happy to hear some positivity with respect to Guns of the Patriots. I actually have a lot to say about that game.

I don't think anyone denies there are obviously some story problems with the game, some of which arise with entire concept of creating a fourth Metal Gear Solid game (like the Act 3 explanation of the Patriots) and some of which were just unnecessary decisions (the overabundance of nanomachines as a plot device, the heavy push to wrap the events of the entire series into one enveloping arc when it was clearly not envisioned that way before, the relationship between Meryl and Johnny to name a few) but that game was created with so much polish and love from KJP I just can't help but to love it back.

There's a lot to love in that game. I think the story really does hit the decay themes it's trying - with regard to Old Snake and all of the older characters in the game along with Act 4, and the gameplay is like a hard and fast variant of Snake Eater, and although it does lack Snake Eater's sheer depth of gameplay, I still think it's great in it's own right. I even enjoy the trailing mission in Act 3, which is an unpopular opinion.

Also Guns of the Patriots seemed to have fan service that just worked. I love how Yumi Kikuchi, who was one of the Hidechan Radio hosts ("Aki, Touchy, Kikuchi: Hidechan Radio!"), actually turned out to be a boss in the game while also teaming up with another Metal Gear voice actor, Kikuko Inoue, to create and perform songs for the game's Ipod. This is what fun looks like folks. On top of that, they created the Integral Podcast with Sean Eyeston, Aki Saito, and Ken Imaizumi for a behind the scenes look at the game areas as you're playing through them was a brilliant idea; it made me appreciate the game on a different level.

TL;DR I really like Guns of the Patriots, despite it's flaws

Fox, I'm sure by now you've seen the major criticisms with regard to Death Stranding. Some people think the story is cool and hate the gameplay; some people think the story sucks but think the gameplay is very unique. The game was created, in large part, by the same core team that created Phantom Pain and it really shows in the game's structure. I would have preferred the game's mission structure to not mirror Phantom Pain in this regard, but in the big picture I can't allow something like this (which in my view is pretty minor or inconsequential) to prevent me from enjoying everything else in the game. I hope you do manage to find something to enjoy out of the game - I've seen it turn skeptics into fans, most notably with Chris Ray Gun and Colin Moriarity who were at best confused/disinterested and at worst ready to make fun of Death Stranding come away saying it was a great game. It's not for everyone, but good luck with it! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts whenever you do play it!

Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:51 am
Zakat

Zakat

VicViper_Leo wrote:
I don't think anyone denies there are obviously some story problems with the game, some of which arise with entire concept of creating a fourth Metal Gear Solid game (like the Act 3 explanation of the Patriots) and some of which were just unnecessary decisions (the overabundance of nanomachines as a plot device, the heavy push to wrap the events of the entire series into one enveloping arc when it was clearly not envisioned that way before, the relationship between Meryl and Johnny to name a few) but that game was created with so much polish and love from KJP I just can't help but to love it back.

Exactly, the game isn't perfect by any means but it felt like it was made specfically for fans of the series - and it did a pretty good job of keeping me invested throughout the game. There's so much details, big and small, that makes it really difficult to hate.

Fan service was done exceptionally well in MGS4, no doubt about that.

VicViper_Leo wrote:
Fox, I'm sure by now you've seen the major criticisms with regard to Death Stranding.

To be honest, I have barely seen anything of Death Stranding since it came out. Mostly to avoid spoilers, but also because I wasn't too hyped for it like I said earlier. I'll try the game out when it comes out on PC and I hope it'll surpass my expectations.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:23 am
Manta

Manta

I managed to complete the main story of NSMB2 a month or so ago; forgot to say it :lol:

The level leading up to the final boss was HORSESHIT. The Bowser fight was tiddlywinks compared to the run and gun segment that you gotta do to get to him.

Now all I really have left to do is the bonus areas and more star coin collecting. The star coin stuff isn't gonna be fun... :(

Still been playing Minecraft occasionally too. Might play some more soon. In my main world I'm making a railway system that connects my home village to "hubs" across different biomes where you can rest and have resources on hand before you go out and adventure for the day.
The first hub I've made is a big lodge/inn on top of a snowy mountain! It's pretty cozy so far :D

I might mix it up and play more Shadow of the Colossus and/or finally give a go at Death Stranding too!

Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:02 am
Zakat

Zakat

HammerheadSaint wrote:
I managed to complete the main story of NSMB2 a month or so ago; forgot to say it :lol:

That reminds me, I had a ton of fun playing 3d World on the Wii U with my brother a couple of years ago. Good times - I hope we get a 3d world successor.

HammerheadSaint wrote:
I might mix it up and play more Shadow of the Colossus and/or finally give a go at Death Stranding too!

SotC sounds like a grand time, the soundtrack in that game is sublime.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:27 am