HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 am

ZOE 3 CANCELLED... 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post Re: ZOE 3 CANCELLED...
Yea, sad fate about ZOE 3, but honestly we've been mentally prepared for this for years now...

By the way, do you guys think it's possible that the patch was a Japanese only patch? I don't know if it was ever explicitly stated it was coming to the States or the EU, but the patch was announced on Kojima's show, right?

ADA wrote:
Are you excited for The Phantom Pain?

Yea. Considering my default position is that I want KP to make a ZOE sequel or a new series and that they are milking Metal Gear to death, I am actually kinda excited for Phantom Pain. Call me a hypocrite.

One thing I've been trying to do is avoid all the pre release trailers and gameplay demos, that way I can have some genuine surprise when I buy the game. With MGS4, I watched everything so many times before the game came out, some parts of the game felt ruined looking back. I did this blackout with Assassin's Creed 3 (and being a history buff I was really looking forward to it), but I didn't really like the game when I got it and didn't get very far into it. So, I've been wanting to try this again with Phantom Pain, but KP trailers are so well done that the temptation is too much for me. Ha ha.

Speaking of which, anyone else planning on shelling out the $50 to get the Legacy Collection? I don't believe it's coming out in Europe, but I could be wrong. As someone who owns both the Essential Collection and the HD Collection, it was difficult justifying this to myself. But, the collection includes the Digital Graphic Novel, which I've been wanting to try for years and an art book. So I figured I was just gonna go for it.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:46 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
VicViper_Leo wrote:
One thing I've been trying to do is avoid all the pre release trailers and gameplay demos, that way I can have some genuine surprise when I buy the game. With MGS4, I watched everything so many times before the game came out, some parts of the game felt ruined looking back. I did this blackout with Assassin's Creed 3 (and being a history buff I was really looking forward to it), but I didn't really like the game when I got it and didn't get very far into it. So, I've been wanting to try this again with Phantom Pain, but KP trailers are so well done that the temptation is too much for me. Ha ha.

I don't think there will be any real problem of spoilers with the MGSV trailer. When Rising trailers came out, I got the sense that I was seeing scenes from all over the game, beginning to end. With the MGSV trailers, I get the sense that I'm only seeing a tenth of what this game will be, and that I'm not going to be disappointed (and thank God it's coming out on current gen consoles, because I would have hated shelling out 400 bucks just to spend 60 more to play this game).

VicViper_Leo wrote:
Speaking of which, anyone else planning on shelling out the $50 to get the Legacy Collection? I don't believe it's coming out in Europe, but I could be wrong. As someone who owns both the Essential Collection and the HD Collection, it was difficult justifying this to myself. But, the collection includes the Digital Graphic Novel, which I've been wanting to try for years and an art book. So I figured I was just gonna go for it.

I was going to, and I still might. All in all, it came down to this: Do I spend $50 on eight games I already own (plus two DGNs, which I have the non-motion comic versions), or do I spend $50 on a game I don't already own, which was Resident Evil Revelations. I ended up choosing Revelations, because I didn't own that game already. Back in 2011, I had two choices, and that was buy Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, technically a game I already had, or buy something else, and I chose Off the Record. In 2012, I was going to face a similar problem: buy Resident Evil 6 (which was new), buy Doom 3: BFG Edition (I already own Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil), or buy ZOE HD Collection (I already had ZOE1 and ZOE2, plus I'd heard horrible things about framerate), and I chose Resident Evil 6. I eventually got ZOE HD, when it was cheaper.

My point is, that I don't like having to choose between something new that I want and something enhanced that I already have.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:10 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Bandage131 wrote:
I don't think there will be any real problem of spoilers with the MGSV trailer. When Rising trailers came out, I got the sense that I was seeing scenes from all over the game, beginning to end. With the MGSV trailers, I get the sense that I'm only seeing a tenth of what this game will be, and that I'm not going to be disappointed (and thank God it's coming out on current gen consoles, because I would have hated shelling out 400 bucks just to spend 60 more to play this game).

You're probably right about that trailer thing. And, I agree with you completely about that current generation thing. Phantom Pain is coming to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. I think that's a little strange, but it'll probably sell better the more consoles it's on. I'm just wondering if/how the next gen version will be different or better than the current gen. If it's gonna be significantly better, I'm probably going to force myself to buy a PS4 just for it. I can't help myself sometimes. Ha ha.

Bandage131 wrote:
I was going to, and I still might. All in all, it came down to this: Do I spend $50 on eight games I already own (plus two DGNs, which I have the non-motion comic versions), or do I spend $50 on a game I don't already own, which was Resident Evil Revelations. I ended up choosing Revelations, because I didn't own that game already. Back in 2011, I had two choices, and that was buy Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, technically a game I already had, or buy something else, and I chose Off the Record. In 2012, I was going to face a similar problem: buy Resident Evil 6 (which was new), buy Doom 3: BFG Edition (I already own Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil), or buy ZOE HD Collection (I already had ZOE1 and ZOE2, plus I'd heard horrible things about framerate), and I chose Resident Evil 6. I eventually got ZOE HD, when it was cheaper.

My point is, that I don't like having to choose between something new that I want and something enhanced that I already have.

Yea, I know what you mean. If this collection was just MGS 1 through MGS4 and Peace Walker, I probably would've passed it. I don't have any of the comic stuff, so I'd gladly buy PS3 versions of the Digital Graphic Novels at any price. The art book is a nice bonus too. Although, I think it's just going to be promo type art work and not the cool Yoji Shinkawa or Ashley Wood art. I'm not 100% sure on that, and I'd prefer the later to the former, but I'll take anything I can get. In any case, I promised myself that, unless they include Portable Ops or find a way to throw in Ghost Babel, this is the last collection that I buy.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

VicViper_Leo wrote:
You're probably right about that trailer thing. And, I agree with you completely about that current generation thing. Phantom Pain is coming to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. I think that's a little strange, but it'll probably sell better the more consoles it's on. I'm just wondering if/how the next gen version will be different or better than the current gen. If it's gonna be significantly better, I'm probably going to force myself to buy a PS4 just for it. I can't help myself sometimes. Ha ha.

It's probably coming on all four because work had already begun on the PS3/360 versions, and those have already been promised, but the next-gen is going to be here soon, so they may as well port them and add a few new features like Xbox SmartAss, and maybe Vita support.

VicViper_Leo wrote:
Yea, I know what you mean. If this collection was just MGS 1 through MGS4 and Peace Walker, I probably would've passed it. I don't have any of the comic stuff, so I'd gladly buy PS3 versions of the Digital Graphic Novels at any price. The art book is a nice bonus too. Although, I think it's just going to be promo type art work and not the cool Yoji Shinkawa or Ashley Wood art. I'm not 100% sure on that, and I'd prefer the later to the former, but I'll take anything I can get. In any case, I promised myself that, unless they include Portable Ops or find a way to throw in Ghost Babel, this is the last collection that I buy.

I'm just wondering: do we get voice acting for the DGNs, and will it be Japanese or English? As far as I know, the Legacy Booklet is a book compiling posters, print ads, some character art, and probably box art.

I wish MPO was going to be in the collection. But, Kojima's only including the games he directed (this doesn't mean MPO is non-canon), so MPO gets no love.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:26 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

I'm assuming it will be the same as the PSP version. I don't think it had voice acting at all, so I'd imagine that this game wouldn't either. It would be kinda nice if they got the original crew together and rerecorded it, though. I'd definitely pay a little more for that.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:00 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

I'll buy it eventually, but definitely not until after all my other, non-already-owned purchases are taken care of. (Hilariously, these seem to all pertain to zombies in some way or another.)

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 am