HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:06 pm

PS3 Patch Coming for ZOE HD 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Post PS3 Patch Coming for ZOE HD
I was on PS3Trophies.org this morning and found this article:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-97 ... anded.html

and there are corresponding articles on IGN, Gamespot and Xbox360Achievements.org. The patch will apparently fix all frame rate problems, and it's only coming to the PS3, for some reason the 360 version isn't getting a patch.

Now, the ZOE3 news tells us that the dev team has been disbanded (oh, shit), and that Kojima won't go through with a sequel until he hears from us that we want one. I just used my Twitter account for the first time, and tweeted that I wanted a ZOE sequel, so I hope I'm not the only one.

This post will be edited into a news post if you don't mind ~ADA

Siliconera wrote:
Kojima started the show by assuming the persona of the humorous Moby Dick Studio CEO, Joakim N. Mogren, with the bandaged mask. However, his humorous tone quickly changed to a more stern voice once he began to talk about Zone of the Enders HD Collection. After reading plenty of feedback, especially from fans of the PlayStation 2 versions of the game, it has come to his attention that his recent HD Remaster didn’t live up to the expectation of the franchise’s loyal fans, to whom he offers his deepest apologies.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection’s transition from 30 FPS to 60 was not as smooth as Kojima had hoped for. While it wasn’t as noticeable to first-time players, those who enjoyed the original seamless fast-paced games were able to feel the choppiness. (For a comparison, check out Spencer’s playtest.) Kojima believes that such action-heavy games deserve nothing but the smoothest gameplay to fully enjoy. Due to this problem, Kojima and his team have re-programmed the entire game, and will release a free PlayStation 3 patch that should fix the problem and greatly enhance its performance. There won’t be a patch for the Xbox 360 version for the time being.

Not only has this incident prompted Kojima to work on a patch to fix the problem, but it has also put a halt to the Enders’s Project which was announced last year as a Zone of the Enders sequel. The entire team behind the project has been dismantled, as Kojima would like to re-evaluate the franchise before moving forward, he says. Furthermore, he also wants to re-evaluate fans by asking once more, whether they would still like to see a Zone of the Enders sequel.

Too little too late? Or better late than never?

Link - Siliconera
Link - PS3Trophies

Fri May 03, 2013 2:10 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Post Re: New PS3 ZOE HD patch upcoming and likely no ZOE3
Jesus fuck, seriously? After all this time, waiting for ZoE3 and even getting an announcement... and now this? Seriously?

Fri May 03, 2013 7:11 pm
Metatron

Metatron

Post Re: New PS3 ZOE HD patch upcoming and likely no ZOE3
GOOD.

Rather they put it to rest instead of beating around the bush, half-assing outsourced HD ports, and keeping unsuspecting fans hopeful for another installment. Stop promising fans another title just to shut them up, and let ZOE go the way of Snatcher and Policenauts, classics for niche audiences that will be remembered for being great games for their time.

Now take all that effort that isn't being used for a new ZOE and put it into making MGS5 and MGO3 absolutely incredible experiences.

Fri May 03, 2013 7:20 pm
Inhert

Inhert

Post Re: PS3 Patch Coming for ZOE HD
Fuck it. Let's make our own giant robot anime-
with blackjack'n hookers!

Who's with me?

Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

helldiver450 wrote:
Fuck it. Let's make our own giant robot anime-
with blackjack'n hookers!

Who's with me?

On the other hand, fuck the giant robot anime, let's just go to Vegas.

Thanks for fixing my post, ADA! I wasn't sure if I should break the news or let somebody else do it, so I just posted it in the first place that made any sense.

Sat May 04, 2013 7:52 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

According to a post I read over on The Snake Soup's forums, the patch will be released in July (I think they said late July).

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:19 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Maybe that'll motivate me to go back and actually beat the games again. I pretty much bought the collection and never played it. I don't even think I have a save file on my PS3 for them.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

A great deal of the Trophies are easy as piss, DO IT!!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:20 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

This may sound funny, but I am not a trophy person. I have no platinums (although I was two or three away from Assassin's Creed 2) and on most games I don't even try. Maybe a couple years ago I would've really liked them, but I don't play anything very much anymore (school, work) and when I do, it's strictly for fun.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:33 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

VicViper_Leo wrote:
This may sound funny, but I am not a trophy person. I have no platinums (although I was two or three away from Assassin's Creed 2) and on most games I don't even try. Maybe a couple years ago I would've really liked them, but I don't play anything very much anymore (school, work) and when I do, it's strictly for fun.

I'm not a Trophy person either, but the ones in ZOE HD are piss easy. I have one Platinum, and that was for The Walking Dead. The only way you can't get that game's Platinum is to not beat the game. ALL the Trophies in The Walking Dead are mandatory.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:03 pm