HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Staff Shortage Holds ZOE3 Back 
Metatron

Metatron

Post Staff Shortage Holds ZOE3 Back
According to Hideo Kojima, the primary reason for Zone of the Enders 3's holdup is due to the lack of available staff members.

As Gaming Union reports:

Quote:
Although Hideo Kojima expresses his desire to work on Zone of the Enders 3, he has now issued a statement saying that Kojima Productions does not have enough staff at the moment to do so.

"We have an environment where we could work on it using the Fox Engine. If we had staff available to work on that game, we would like to," Kojima stated.

Kojima Productions' Fox Engine will work to shorten development time for multiplatform titles allegedly. Zone of the Enders 3 would apparently use this engine, but Kojima just does not have the staff to produce the title.

For now, Kojima Productions is working hard to release HD versions of the previous Zone of the Enders titles, but there is still no word on when these will be released.

Might this lack of staff hint at possible recruitment of new blood into the Kojima Productions team, or is it possible a third party might be consulted, much like with the case of Metal Gear Rising?

Update - Interview

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:20 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Post Re: Staff Shortage Holds ZOE3 Back
Well, this is funny. A couple of months ago, I was saying one of the reasons for ZoE3 to not have been made yet was probably lack of staff. MY HYPOTHESIS WAS TRUE. HELL YEAH, I LOVE BEING RIGHT.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:37 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Post Re: Staff Shortage Holds ZOE3 Back
Well, I think they should join forces with Platinumgames yet again and make ZOE3. If what I'm seeing of MGR is any indication, they can nail the "High-speed robot action" vibe dead on.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:21 pm